Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Anybody worried about Dak

Not the ankle, but the shoulder.  The Cowboys and Dak are being very vague about this injury.  They seem to have little idea what the actual problem is and therefore seem to have no idea when he would be ready to actually play.

Aikman is speculating the injury may be more serious and said the cowboys are "downplaying it"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/more/top-stories/troy-aikman-has-telling-admission-on-dak-prescott-injury/amp

Since I don’t draft my Qb until the double digit rounds I’m not worried, but I am concern that someone else might be, and then won’t draft him high, so I can steal another valuable rb/wr in that round.  

But I think it’s worthy of big concern when it comes to Lamb, Gallup, Cooper, and the Zeke, saw what happen last season. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

But I think it’s worthy of big concern when it comes to Lamb, Gallup, Cooper, and the Zeke, saw what happen last season. 

That was more of the point.

Of course. 

Of course there's reason to be concerned any time a player as important as Dak misses time, especially coming off an injury last season.

I don't think it's worth getting too alarmed about at this point. He did some lite throwing recently, so that's a step in the right direction.

Aikman can get a little carried away with things at times. I don't even think he's trying to imply it's very serious, necessarily.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dak misses the preseason though. That's just standard procedure.

If it's not gotten a lot better by about the time September rolls around, that's when I would be concerned.

I’ve been worried since last year. Many people thought his career was over, now suddenly it’s no big deal? Truth probably lies in the middle 

Lots of ff drafts would have taken place come September time.  

I would be and I am concern.  

20 hours ago, polecatt said:

Of course there's reason to be concerned any time a player as important as Dak misses time, especially coming off an injury last season.

I don't think it's worth getting too alarmed about at this point. He did some lite throwing recently, so that's a step in the right direction.

Aikman can get a little carried away with things at times. I don't even think he's trying to imply it's very serious, necessarily.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dak misses the preseason though. That's just standard procedure.

If it's not gotten a lot better by about the time September rolls around, that's when I would be concerned.

fair comments here. 

if hes already throwing, I wouldnt be super worried.  Not yet anyhow.

he may be an overrated QB that has capitalized on some terrible defenses to have a couple of really good fantasy seasons. 

His division still isnt very good, so I think he still has a nice schedule overall.   therefore, still a good offense.

If he plays, the team and  offense should be fine.

Just watched a fairly cogent take on the Dallas offense in relation to Dak's status. Predictably the sense is that he'll be eased in behind the run game. Big surprise I know.

Drop Dak to #6-7 in the pecking order.

And move The Zeke up, and I would also move up Pollard also. I like him as a bench hold. 

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

And move The Zeke up, and I would also move up Pollard also. I like him as a bench hold. 

yep

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

honestly with the defense being what it is there is a lot of value in ramping up the Zeke usage.

if you can grind down the clock running the ball, you keep your defense off the field.  and That defense gave up a lot of points late in games.  Logic would dictate if you can ramp up the run game that defense spends a whole lot less time on the field.

Thats a good thing.

This is what I was expecting.   but now that the cat is out of the bag, I suppose Zekes ADP will rise again making him less of a bargain.   Tough break.

Mmm I’m not so sure that’s going to be the case, based on how below par the Zeke was last season without Dak for the majority of it, I think his ADP either stays about the same or might even drop some.  

When a team loses it’s starting Qb, I think we usually see a drop in ADP from the other skill players based on ff value.

I was listening the the pro football doc on sirius xm this morning and he was not concerned with the shoulder injury but seemed to think the ankle injury will linger throughout the year.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:20 PM, weepaws said:

Mmm I’m not so sure that’s going to be the case, based on how below par the Zeke was last season without Dak for the majority of it, I think his ADP either stays about the same or might even drop some.  

When a team loses it’s starting Qb, I think we usually see a drop in ADP from the other skill players based on ff value.

This should be the case, I’ve already dropped the Zeke out of my top five Rbs I have him at six, he’ll be dropping a little more now. 

Same for all  three of their WRs.  

If you already drafted I’m sorry, I think you might have over paid.  

I just cant help thinking, in a few weeks Dak will be fine. I think there is just some click bait being thrown out there. If he starts out throwing slants and screens... fine. He has the weapons, for those things. 

I’m not so certain. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m not so certain. 

Well, as you know I just kept Lamb in my keeper... just being optimistic and trying not to freak out : /

Just now, snatchit said:

Well, as you know I just kept Lamb in my keeper... just being optimistic and trying not to freak out : /

With this news I could have thrown him back... and got him late 3rd easy. 

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

I just cant help thinking, in a few weeks Dak will be fine. I think there is just some click bait being thrown out there. If he starts out throwing slants and screens... fine. He has the weapons, for those things. 

Adam Schefter is generally a serious reporter, who doesn’t throw out clickbait. The report is careful to note this is just his opinion not a sourced news story.

36 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Adam Schefter is generally a serious reporter, who doesn’t throw out clickbait. The report is careful to note this is just his opinion not a sourced news story.

local Beat writers say ...he is fine and has had no set backs.

6 minutes ago, snatchit said:

local Beat writers say ...he is fine and has had no set backs.

Guess we’ll find out. But am I cautious about drafting Dak? You bet.

• Like 1