Have you named it yet?

May I suggest faboulous fandandies

I named our first keeper league 25 years ago liquor & poker

10 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Maybe red instead of blue?

I like it though.

Have you named it yet?

Well, since our specialty liquor will be homemade hard apple cider and my middle name is dickens.

I was thinking dicken's cider & poker emporium.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I was thinking dicken's cider & poker emporium.

Let's combine them.

fabulous dickens and poker fandandy

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Let's combine them.

fabulous dickens and poker fandandy

Fandandy does not make much sense in this case?

poker fandandy is good too though and you can have it.  

If you ever franchise I will never ask for a dime.  We will always know here though.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Of course, it makes sense.  I'm the one who named it.

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

poker fandandy is good too though and you can have it.  

If you ever franchise I will never ask for a dime.  We will always know here though.

Dicken's Cider and poker is a better name.

You can keep your name for when you start your own gambling hall.

Just now, fandandy said:

Well, I want my deposit back and good luck franchising that crap.

Hooters got a franchise and who the fock cares about owls. I like my chances.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Hooters got a franchise and who the fock cares about owls. I like my chances.

Not to sidetrack, but how often do you see an owl in real life?

I hardly ever do but I actually saw one the other day on the way to work on a dirt road and I'm driving slow.

I bet less than 10% have ever seen an owl in real life not at a zoo.

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Not to sidetrack, but how often do you see an owl in real life?

I hardly ever do but I actually saw one the other day on the way to work on a dirt road and I'm driving slow.

I bet less than 10% have ever seen an owl in real life not at a zoo.

You have to consider who you are responding to before making a statement.

I have bragged numerous times about how I have spent thousands of days in the wilderness. I have seen bobcats, mountain lions, wolfs, coyotes, grizzly bears, black bears, caribou, moose, elk, arctic fox, marmots, chukar, porcupines, and many other animals that normal americans have never seen in the wild.

I will give you that owls are very uncommon to see. Of the animals I just listed, only about half of those I have seen more of in my life than I have seen wild owls.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I have bragged numerous times about how I have spent thousands of days in the wilderness. I have bobcats, mountain lions, wolfs, grizzly bears, black bears, caribou, moose, elk, arctic fox, marmots, chukar, porcupines, and many other animals that normal americans have never seen in the wild.

I will give you that owls are very uncommon to see. Of the animals I just listed, about half of those I have seen more of in my life than I have seen wild owls.

I kinda knew who I was talking to but not to the extent you just shared.

What about creating a series of threads about this stuff?

It's fascinating to me and I'm certain it would be fascinating to many here.

And I think you are one of the wittiest ones here.

You are a closet really funny.  You shock me sometimes.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I kinda knew who I was talking to but not to the extent you just shared.

What about creating a series of threads about this stuff?

It's fascinating to me and I'm certain it would be fascinating to many here.

And I think you are one of the wittiest ones here.

You are a closet really funny.  You shock me sometimes.

And I get less witty when I have been drinking.

Still to this day I suffer from insomnia the day before fishing trips and I am heading out tomorrow around noon. I tied a few on to help me fall asleep which causes the quality of posts to go down as the night goes on.

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have bragged numerous times about how I have spent thousands of days in the wilderness. I have seen bobcats, mountain lions, wolfs, coyotes, grizzly bears, black bears, caribou, moose, elk, arctic fox, marmots, chukar, porcupines, and many other animals that normal americans have never seen in the wild.

I will give you that owls are very uncommon to see. Of the animals I just listed, only about half of those I have seen more of in my life than I have seen wild owls.

What is the least to most common to see?

9 hours ago, fandandy said:

What is the least to most common to see?

It all depends on where you live although mountain lions are not common to see even if you live in a place where they exist.  Porcupines are also pretty rare to see for how common they are, i have only ever seen a couple of them.

Arctic fox is probably the animal i have seen in the wild that the least amount of people in the world have seen.

WOW! This is new 😐

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

WOW! This is new 😐

If you don't like it then go to one of the political threads.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

If you don't like it then go to one of the political threads.

Good job, good effort. 

14 hours ago, fandandy said:

Maybe red instead of blue?

I like it though.

Have you named it yet?

This would be a straight bar; so no. 

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

It all depends on where you live although mountain lions are not common to see even if you live in a place where they exist.  Porcupines are also pretty rare to see for how common they are, i have only ever seen a couple of them.

Arctic fox is probably the animal i have seen in the wild that the least amount of people in the world have seen.

I saw a wolverine in Colorado, when I was a kid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

That is a rare animal.

• Thanks 1

Was it when the Soviets invaded the United States?

• Like 1

I am fishing today. My buddy with the boat is running 2 hours late so I am just drinking beer and drowning shrimp off a pier. 

I caught a personal best though, too bad it was a giant hardhead.........

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am fishing today. My buddy with the boat is running 2 hours late so I am just drinking beer and drowning shrimp off a pier. 

I caught a personal best though, too bad it was a giant hardhead.........

I bought myself a new fly rig. I want to try it in saltwater. 

2 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I bought myself a new fly rig. I want to try it in saltwater. 

8 weight?

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

8 weight?

6 weight, 9 foot, from  Boseman Flyworks. It's good for bass bugging, and light for saltwater, I am sure.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

It is always possible to see new animals too.

I saw my first coral snake today, I got some good pictures of it as well.

There are so many animals out there.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

It is always possible to see new animals too.

I saw my first coral snake today, I got some good pictures of it as well.

There are so many animals out there.

I have only seen one coral snake. It was in the water at the edge of a lake in Texas. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 4:02 AM, MTSkiBum said:

I saw a porcupine on the slopes of Arapahoe Basin. Stupid snowboarders (is there any other type?) were pestering it. It shook off some of its quills and climbed a tree.

Actually seen quite a few animals on ski slopes: a couple moose, some sort of weasel/ermine and a skunk. The latter was in the back bowls of Vail, and probably was rabid.

I’ve also seen many owls, and know of a cave near my house where they nest.

Always wanted to see a mountain lion or lynx. The only wild kitty I’ve encountered was a bobcat.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:44 PM, BiPolarBear said:

On 8/29/2021 at 7:38 AM, penultimatestraw said:

Always wanted to see a mountain lion or lynx. The only wild kitty I’ve encountered was a bobcat.

I saw my first ever confirmed bobcat while mountain biking in the forests around the sugar land area this last weekend.

I *think* I have seen them in the past, however I got a good look at this one.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:51 PM, MTSkiBum said:

Or ever. 

On 8/27/2021 at 12:06 AM, MTSkiBum said:

We have some owls that live in the woods near my place in MA.   One of the trails that I take my dog on/go mtn biking on goes right thru those woods.   I've actually seen them several times, at least.   Had one time where one just sat on a branch of a tree and watched me and the dog go by, couldn't have been more than 20 yds away from us.   Didn't seem to care.   The thing about owls, when you see them in the wild - you don't realize how big they are.   Really big bird (no pun intended).     Our area is a mixture of farmland and suburbia.    We have TONS of owl food running around.   Rabbits, squirrels, chipmonks, muskrats, etc.    We have tons of hawks too because of that.    These predator birds just sit in the trees on the edges of the farmland or suburban lawns and wait for the dumb-a$$ squirrels, rabbits, etc to wander out into the open and then . . .  SWOOP and it's dinner time.    Seen many predator birds carry varmints away from my yard.   Good riddance.  

The one animal I haven't seen in the wild in the northeast and it's beginning to bug me - moose.    I've travelled all over the northeast, including northern Maine and into Canada.   Been a northeastern skier my whole life too.  Done a decent amount of hiking too.  Never once saw one in the wild in the northeast.     We were skiing out west a couple of years ago, Steamboat.    I come down a trail near the base/bottom, I look over and there's about 4 moose just chilling right outside of some condos.    But never in  the northeast.  

• Like 1

I’m sure Bob and Tom will get an injunction if you rip off their skit to name your bar

38 minutes ago, Masshole said:

We have some owls that live in the woods near my place in MA.   One of the trails that I take my dog on/go mtn biking on goes right thru those woods.   I've actually seen them several times, at least.   Had one time where one just sat on a branch of a tree and watched me and the dog go by, couldn't have been more than 20 yds away from us.   Didn't seem to care.   The thing about owls, when you see them in the wild - you don't realize how big they are.   Really big bird (no pun intended).     Our area is a mixture of farmland and suburbia.    We have TONS of owl food running around.   Rabbits, squirrels, chipmonks, muskrats, etc.    We have tons of hawks too because of that.    These predator birds just sit in the trees on the edges of the farmland or suburban lawns and wait for the dumb-a$$ squirrels, rabbits, etc to wander out into the open and then . . .  SWOOP and it's dinner time.    Seen many predator birds carry varmints away from my yard.   Good riddance.  

The one animal I haven't seen in the wild in the northeast and it's beginning to bug me - moose.    I've travelled all over the northeast, including northern Maine and into Canada.   Been a northeastern skier my whole life too.  Done a decent amount of hiking too.  Never once saw one in the wild in the northeast.     We were skiing out west a couple of years ago, Steamboat.    I come down a trail near the base/bottom, I look over and there's about 4 moose just chilling right outside of some condos.    But never in  the northeast.  

I am going to Steamboat for my spring break ski trip this year. I have never been, any obvious suggestions you wish you knew ahead of time?

I wanted to start a business back in the early 2000s, was webcams in strip clubs.  Decided to install them on random beaches instead