Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Week 1 Random Thoughts and Observations

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

What a big blow to those owners that listen to the elf proclaiming how good Aiyuk was going to be, you listen to the elf your looking at an empty space on the self.  

Thanks. 

look, on another thread (Gaskin) I said the sample size is too small to determine if hes right about it being a committee.   I'll say the same now.  its too early to say if his advise was bad on this.  I made the same recommendation.

from the look of the stats, the only WR to put up decent stats was Samuel.  Kittle put up good stats too.

Next best WR put up 23 yards on 2 catches with 1 TD.  hardly the production that would keep a healthy Aiyuk off the field.  I also heard rumour Aiyuk was actually being punished and the excuse used was that he was hurt (to keep the discipline in house)

the team could afford to do this because they were up against the lowly Lions.  I'm sure if they started losing Aiyuk may have had his number called.   but that was never really likely to happen.

it is possible that this was a one off.

so too early to say hes wrong YET.   if Aiyuk has another stinker next week, you can Flame him more at that point.

but I personally think this guy is too good to sit.  This wont last long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

but I personally think this guy is too good to sit.  This wont last long.

He's their #1 draft pick last year that they traded up to get.  He returned a rookie performance beyond expectations.  Other than injury or discipline, he's not going to be out of the lineup.  If you think they are just giving up on him, you're dreaming.  But even Axe Elf advised to bench Aiyuk for this matchup.  Nothing to see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He's their #1 draft pick last year that they traded up to get.  He returned a rookie performance beyond expectations.  Other than injury or discipline, he's not going to be out of the lineup.  If you think they are just giving up on him, you're dreaming.  But even Axe Elf advised to bench Aiyuk for this matchup.  Nothing to see here.

I dont recall seeing that, but if you say you did, You probably did.  he was questionable due to injury.  so a prudent fantasy player likely starts someone else anyhow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I dont recall seeing that, but if you say you did, You probably did.

It wasn't like a public service announcement or anything, just in advising people and their "who do I start" Qs.  Here's one I could find from this site (and the newest happy member of the Æ™, I.O.U. Club)... and I know there was at least one more on another site, but yeah, like you said, if you had better options, it wasn't a good week to start Aiyuk anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It wasn't like a public service announcement or anything, just in advising people and their "who do I start" Qs.  Here's one I could find from this site (and the newest happy member of the Æ™, I.O.U. Club)... and I know there was at least one more on another site, but yeah, like you said, if you had better options, it wasn't a good week to start Aiyuk anyway.

 

you didnt have to go digging up proof. I said I believe you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

you didnt have to go digging up proof. I said I believe you.

Axe Elf always brings the receipts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, jrokh said:

Almost every one the elf promoted had a horrible first half. Starting with Najee, Henry and Aiyuk all miserable. I feel so fortunate I don’t listen to his sorry fantasy opinions 

I learned early on last year, you can pretty much do the opposite of what he says... and win lol. I know he can bring up things I have said, but its always a " What if, maybe it could happen " He strait up says things will, because he thinks he is a Guru or something. At least he try's I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2021 at 1:37 PM, nobody said:

Larry Rountree looks good and is splitting time with Ekeler

He does?  He got 27 on 8 carries.  That's not good.  It's even worse when you consider that about half of those yards (13), came on one carry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He does?  He got 27 on 8 carries.  That's not good.  It's even worse when you consider that about half of those yards (13), came on one carry.

agreed.  Rountree only matters if Ekeler gets hurt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

agreed.  Rountree only matters if Ekeler gets hurt.

Even still, it's not very comforting.  I read up on him over the summer and thought he could be a guy that could have some value, but I don't know.  His first preseason game was really good but his second one was really bad.  The third game doesn't seem like one to put any value in at all.  I'm not going to say he is/was bad... but I'm certainly not going to say that he was good either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RE: chargers players... we have to remember that they played WFT, who was touted as a top defense.  As mentioned, roundtree comes into the conversation as who relieves/backs up ekeler.  roundtree looked a little better than jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He does?  He got 27 on 8 carries.  That's not good.  It's even worse when you consider that about half of those yards (13), came on one carry.

I wrote that after his first 3 or 4 carries where he trucked some guys.  Hit holes decisively and looked fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Even still, it's not very comforting.  I read up on him over the summer and thought he could be a guy that could have some value, but I don't know.  His first preseason game was really good but his second one was really bad.  The third game doesn't seem like one to put any value in at all.  I'm not going to say he is/was bad... but I'm certainly not going to say that he was good either.

agree.

but often times that is the difference between a starter and a backup.

A starter is consistently good and plays well nearly all the time.

a backup is sometimes good, sometimes not.

as he gets more experience I think there is a chance the kid will eventually be a starter (here or elsewhere)

we shall see.   I just dont see him taking a lot of work away from Ekeler.   but I could see him playing situationally and being good for some spot starts if the matchup is right.

what I dont know is if hes there yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As predicted by Axe Elf, Larry Rountree III has assumed the "thunder" role to Ekeler's "lightning."

When you're playing against a defensive line composed of four 1st-round draft picks, you have to temper your expectations for RB production, but Rountree got 8 carries to Ekeler's 15, averaged 0.4 ypc less, and had a long of 13 to Ekeler's long of 14.  No other non-QB received more than 1 carry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As predicted by Axe Elf, Larry Rountree III has assumed the "thunder" role to Ekeler's "lightning."

When you're playing against a defensive line composed of four 1st-round draft picks, you have to temper your expectations for RB production, but Rountree got 8 carries to Ekeler's 15, averaged 0.4 ypc less, and had a long of 13 to Ekeler's long of 14.  No other non-QB received more than 1 carry.

I think DocNiner predicted that first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nobody said:

I think DocNiner predicted that first.  

Oh?  Mine was August 6...  Got something earlier?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Oh?  Mine was August 6...  Got something earlier?

 

June 15th and 17 

 

On 6/15/2021 at 8:44 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Larry Rountree III, RB - Los Angeles Chargers.  None of the RB's on that roster are anything special, with the exception of Ekeler.  Even still, Ekeler isn't really a bell cow, but a pass catcher who rushes because every other RB on that roster is mediocre.  In 2019, when Ekeler played the whole season, he only saw 57% of the snaps.  Last year, he was only able to play 10 games.  At this moment, he looks like a guy who's primary usage is as a pass catcher and occasional runner.  Roundtree has the size and quickness for the NFL and stick as a 1st and 2nd down runner.  His game compliments Ekeler because he's not much of a pass catcher, and he's pretty decent at blocking, so when passing on 1st or 2nd down, he's still a viable back to pair with Ekeler in the backfield to create doubt for the defense.  If he addresses and improves on his weaknesses, he could be the starting RB getting the bulk of the carries in 2022. 

My guess is that right now in fantasy drafts, he's free.

 

 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:04 AM, DocNiner said:

Couple other guys I like along with.Mitxhell are:

Larry Rountree(LAC)- Maybe it's me but I'm just not excited about Jackson or Kelly. By mid-season Rountree will surpass the two and be Ekeler's backup.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, those were dynasty projections for next season (TBay) and midway through this season (Doc), so none that had him winning the #2 role at the start of THIS season.

Just as I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

so none that had him winning the #2 role at the start of THIS season.

Yeah... that's pretty much what I said: 

"Roundtree has the size and quickness  for the NFL and stick as a 1st and 2nd down runner.  His game compliments Ekeler because he's not much of a pass catcher, and he's pretty decent at blocking, so when passing on 1st or 2nd down, he's still a viable back to pair with Ekeler in the backfield to create doubt for the defense.  If he addresses and improves on his weaknesses, he could be the starting RB getting the bulk of the carries in 2022." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, those were dynasty projections for next season (TBay) and midway through this season (Doc), so none that had him winning the #2 role at the start of THIS season.

Just as I thought.

Wait, where did you say he would win the role at the beginning of the season? 

Oooooohhhhhhhhh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah... that's pretty much what I said:

 

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

he could be the starting RB getting the bulk of the carries in 2022

 

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said you said--next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nobody said:

Wait, where did you say he would win the role at the beginning of the season? 

See above where I re-posted the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

See above where I re-posted the post.

I looked at that.  Didn't see you predict anything for the start of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nobody said:

I looked at that.  Didn't see you predict anything for the start of the season.

Ah, so user error then.  I guess you can keep trying until you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Ah, so user error then.  I guess you can keep trying until you do.

Well it's not there so you can keep saying it is until it appears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nobody said:

Well it's not there so you can keep saying it is until it appears.

Wow, who would have thought THAT would work--and yet, there it is...

I clearly said at the beginning, "I don't know about dynasty," to contrast the topic of the thread with MY answer, which, obviously, was a prediction for THIS preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you didn't put a timetable.  You used the word quickly, but didn't give a point of reference.  Therefore, fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nobody said:

But you didn't put a timetable.  You used the word quickly, but didn't give a point of reference.  Therefore, fail.

Reading comprehension is key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AxeElf said:

Reading comprehension is key.

You wrote some words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nobody said:

You wrote some words.

LOL

Look dude.  Just because YOU don't get it doesn't mean EVERYONE ELSE doesn't, so quit acting like you're making a point.  You're just looking absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AxeElf said:

LOL

Look dude.  Just because YOU don't get it doesn't mean EVERYONE ELSE doesn't, so quit acting like you're making a point.  You're just looking absurd.

You wrote some more words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthony Schwartz is really fast and can take the top off the defense.  Now he's shown he can produce at the NFL level.  Word is the Browns are gonna go reaaaalllll slow on OBJ's recovery timetable because of this.  OBJ already ruled OUT for week 2.  I wonder if he can take his job and the Browns will trade OBJ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Anthony Schwartz is really fast and can take the top off the defense.  Now he's shown he can produce at the NFL level.  Word is the Browns are gonna go reaaaalllll slow on OBJ's recovery timetable because of this.  OBJ already ruled OUT for week 2.  I wonder if he can take his job and the Browns will trade OBJ?

For what? He’s been hurt forever and makes a ton. It only takes one dumb team, but still. WR’s aren’t that special anymore. Everyone has one. Is oBJ any better then Brandon Cooks at this point? Trade for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

 

 

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said you said--next year.

LOL, and you have the nerve to talk about other people's reading comprehension.  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to sure Jones and Golladay will make good teammates this season.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones and Golladay will be a money stack next week in DFS…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Jones and Golladay will be a money stack next week in DFS…

People still play DFS?   That's still a thing??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maulers1973 said:

People still play DFS?   That's still a thing??

 

 

Yes millions still play every week, fantasy sites spend entire sections of their platforms devoted to DFS. Fanduel, Draftkings and Yahoo make loads of cash from it. Have you never seen all their advertising? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

People still play DFS?   That's still a thing??

 

 

I’d guess it’s more people than ever are playing it actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×