YouTube blocks all anti-vaccine content...

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Fair enough.  The topic is about twitter labeling or not labeling things as misinformation...

Here is Johnson's pinned tweet, which he claimed would be "censored", but hasn't been despite him having a horrible misunderstanding of the data, and also basically lying by saying that the CDC doesn't track vaccinated deaths.  They could do it better, but they do it.   I guess TimmySmith should run for political office, because Johnson is using the same argument Timmy did while failing to mention that England has a far higher vaccination rate.   And even going as far as pointing out that the case fatality rate in England was low.   Yeah, it's low BECAUSE OF THE VACCINES dummy.

But yes, I agree he shouldn't be censored.

Dude, just stop. When you apologize IRL, do you say "I'm sorry" then launch into a bunch of reasons you were right, then apologize again?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

"I'm being censored!!!!!"

they say to their 271,000 twitter followers

Censoring people's posts is the same as removing the user from the application?

Basically, you can say anything you want, as long as we agree with it. Else, it's deleted.

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Dude, just stop. When you apologize IRL, do you say "I'm sorry" then launch into a bunch of reasons you were right, then apologize again?

He's a complete liar. Why does everyone get tripped up on this?  He's lied about 500 times in this thread. 

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Basically, you can say anything you want, as long as we agree with it. Else, it's deleted.

I’m not on twitter a ton, does twitter delete specific tweets?  Most of what I’ve seen is just tagging some as “misleading” and/or making it so they can’t be retweeted.    I mean technically one could argue that’s not really being censored 

I think in this specific instance there was like one specific tweet about the obituary that was tagged as misleading (initially, then removed) - but all the other people complaining about how it was tagged misleading weren’t then also tagged misleading at least of what I saw.

I did have a serious question before though.  Is there really a vaccine mandate to be a volunteer “room mom” at a Catholic school?  Don’t the mandates only apply to employees (where there are 100+)?  And as far as businesses and such inputting their own requirements, wouldn’t Catholic schools be among the least likely to do so?

On 9/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, TimmySmith said:

Fear is real pandemic.  They are in such a fury to save everyone they haven't noticed that 99.7% of us don't need saving. 

Bingo. But libeals will buy into ANYTHING that they are told (from their liberal messiahs--- youtube, instagram, twitter, Gates, Fauci, etc).  Annnnnything. 

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

That's exactly how North Korea and China do it also. YouTube, Twitter and Instagram have followed those countries leads.   

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I did have a serious question before though.  Is there really a vaccine mandate to be a volunteer “room mom” at a Catholic school?  Don’t the mandates only apply to employees (where there are 100+)?  And as far as businesses and such inputting their own requirements, wouldn’t Catholic schools be among the least likely to do so?

I don't know Tim.  I know that when I volunteered at my kids' (public) school, I had to go through a full background check including fingerprints.  So it is not unusual to have requirements of volunteers.  It seems less likely that a Catholic school would require it, although IIRC the Pope strongly encourages vaccination.

Do you think Twitter went through this thought experiment when they labeled it misinformation?  I'm sure it would hold up in a court of law, it's so compelling.  :thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know Tim.  I know that when I volunteered at my kids' (public) school, I had to go through a full background check including fingerprints.  So it is not unusual to have requirements of volunteers.  It seems less likely that a Catholic school would require it, although IIRC the Pope strongly encourages vaccination.

Do you think Twitter went through this thought experiment when they labeled it misinformation?  I'm sure it would hold up in a court of law, it's so compelling.  :thumbsup: 

No probably not.  Again not defending twitter.   Sorry for being wishy washy earlier, I honestly don't have a hard stance on the "twitter is censoring people" thing.    I do think there are people that are/were endangering lives on there purely for profit (e.g., Berenson) and I'm not really mad that people like that get banned, but twitter probably does go too far sometimes and the line between what is and isn't misinformation can get blurry.  

My question was meant to be unrelated to the twitter censorship thing.   I saw some people doubt Ms. Wilson was even a real person, but she does seem real and she is dead (see below).   But as I thought more about the story I'm not sure if I'm buying the reason that was given for why she was "mandated" to get the vax.  

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

From a Catholic.  Each school is different, just like each church is.  I'll bet there is a vaccine mandate somewhere. 

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

From a Catholic.  Each school is different, just like each church is.  I'll bet there is a vaccine mandate somewhere. 

I think you may be right for once.

Found this (actually from Washington State, but not sure if it has any bearing on her church) - https://mycatholicschool.org/15044-2/ which said that school volunteers must be vaccinated.

Get the vaccine if you want it.

Don't get it if you don't want it. 

Now that said. Go live your life. 

• Thanks 2

Get the vaccine if you want it.

+1

I really do not care if people get it or not.  If they decide to not get it and die then so be it. They might decide to drive over the speed limit, try heroin, resist arrest.... and die in the process of those bad choices too, dont care....

I do not get to decide for other people how they live their life.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

+1

I really do not care if people get it or not.  If they decide to not get it and die then so be it. They might decide to drive over the speed limit, try heroin, resist arrest.... and die in the process of those bad choices too, dont care....

I do not get to decide for other people how they live their life.

All of those things potentially affect people who don’t make bad choices, too.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

We need to stop with this line of thinking.  It's been an issue forever, but somehow covid has made it a national argument.

Skipping a vaccine should be treated with the same disdain as people who drive drunk or use drugs or commit crime, no more no less.

But we've seen people treat anti-vaxers like the devil.  I don't want society to get to the point where we look down upon and shame everyone that doesn't live their lives the way others think they should.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

They do indeed and they happen every day, and we do not pre-punish them.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

We need to stop with this line of thinking.  It's been an issue forever, but somehow covid has made it a national argument.

Skipping a vaccine should be treated with the same disdain as people who drive drunk or use drugs or commit crime, no more no less.

But we've seen people treat anti-vaxers like the devil.  I don't want society to get to the point where we look down upon and shame everyone that doesn't live their lives the way others think they should.

I think we’ve been pretty easy on anti-vaxxers tbh. People who decide not to get it don’t really get any shiit at all unless they’re encouraging other people to make their same dumb decision. 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

They do indeed and they happen every day, and we do not pre-punish them.

We don’t pre-punish people who don’t get the vaccine either. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think we’ve been pretty easy on anti-vaxxers tbh. People who decide not to get it don’t really get any shiit at all unless they’re encouraging other people to make their same dumb decision. 

I disagree.  I see and hear lots of people wish death upon any non vaxed person who gets sick, and say that the unvaxed should not be allowed in the public, have access to healthcare, shopping, entertainment, etc.

Get the vaccine if you want it....6 months later, get it again....6 months later, get it again.....forever if you want any sort of immunity (more like 4 months but they haven't told anyone that yet.) They are on 7 months right now which really means 6 or less.

Updated. 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I disagree.  I see and hear lots of people wish death upon any non vaxed person who gets sick, and say that the unvaxed should not be allowed in the public, have access to healthcare, shopping, entertainment, etc.

Wishing death on them is dumb and everyone should have access to healthcare. I wouldn’t mind some places requiring proof of vaccination of entry. I’m going to a show this week that requires it. 

I wouldn’t scorn anyone who doesn’t want to get the vaccine for whatever reason. They don’t also have a right to potentially expose other people. The folks who encourage other people to not get vaccinated are scum.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Wishing death on them is dumb and everyone should have access to healthcare. I wouldn’t mind some places requiring proof of vaccination of entry. I’m going to a show this week that requires it. 

I wouldn’t scorn anyone who doesn’t want to get the vaccine for whatever reason. They don’t also have a right to potentially expose other people. The folks who encourage other people to not get vaccinated are scum.

Agreed.  The only issue I struggle with is denying rights for the unvaxed, because, if you're vaxed, you have very little to worry about.  An unvaxed person has an extremely small chance of getting a vaxed person sick during normal interactions.

48 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Agreed.  The only issue I struggle with is denying rights for the unvaxed, because, if you're vaxed, you have very little to worry about.  An unvaxed person has an extremely small chance of getting a vaxed person sick during normal interactions.

What rights are unvaxxed people being denied? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

What rights are unvaxxed people being denied? 

as of right now, certain events.  I don't think it's a big deal, but hard core vaxers are pushing for more.

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

as of right now, certain events.  I don't think it's a big deal, but hard core vaxers are pushing for more.

I don’t think anyone has a right to go to concerts, sporting events or bars that require proof of vaccination. Those are about the only places requiring proof of vax. I’m kind of surprised you can ride Amtrak or board a plane without being vaccinated tbh. 

The anti-vaxxers have been coddled if anything.

• Sad 1