Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Buccaneers at Eagles: TNF Discussion

Inactives

Buccaneers: WR Jaelon Darden, QB Kyle Trask, OL Nick Leverett, TE Rob Gronkowski, LB Lavonte David, DB Antoine Winfield

Eagles: QB Gardner Minshew, CB Mac McCain, OL Lane Johnson, OL Jack Anderson, DT Marlon Tuipolotu

TE Dallas Goedert (Covid-19 list) is also out tonight.

Neutral zone infraction Encroachment Offsides

Could the Bucs have helped the Eagles anymore on that drive? They must have bet the over. 

Yes, I picked up Ertz as a backup tight end a week ago and started him tonight with Hockenson having a gimpy knee, in a start 2 TE league, other TE is Mark Andrews.

:pointstosky:

• Like 1

Are the Iggles trying to play the prevent as their primary defensive tactic?

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Are the Iggles trying to play the prevent as their primary defensive tactic?

Clarifying his comments about not having a scheme

(from defensive coordinator Gannon)

“Let me clarify, you guys, what that really means to me is, like an offensive guy says, ‘Well, I’m a West Coast guy.’ Well, if you have Tom Brady, you’re not going to run a West Coast offense, right? I never really wanted – being on different defenses that I’ve been on, I never wanted to be labeled as, you know, a ‘Tampa 2 guy’ or a ‘Seattle 3 guy’ or a ‘pressure guy’ because, yeah, those things can be good and some of those defenses have been really good, some of those teams that are known for playing that style. But if it doesn’t match up with the people that you have in your building or if it doesn’t match up versus the people you are playing, good luck

So, the whole non-scheme thing, that’s really just saying, ‘Hey, each week we want to be able to adapt and adjust, putting our guys in a position to be able to make as many plays as possible with the offense that we are playing.’ So, that’s all kind of that was because I kind of flubbed up over that, and I have said right from the jump, like, ‘We don’t have a scheme.’

Well, obviously, we have a scheme, but the point of that is – and that’s where it’s awesome to be around the guys that we have – is we play differently week to week. Sometimes it might not look drastically different, but what’s going on pre-snap and post-snap, it really is. And sometimes it’s really good. Our guys execute, and we put them in the right spot, and sometimes, obviously, we have to improve. Like a couple of weeks ago, we got to do a better job of putting them in better spots and executing better. Again, everyone kind of runs the same stuff. It’s who you have in your building and who you are defending that’s put our guys in the best position possible to make a bunch of plays.”

I felt that Pick Brady threw wasnt a pick.

Not a Brady fan. I just dont think they got that call right.

Two things:

1. The Bucs have NOTHING in the secondary and Hurts is making them look like All-Pros.

2. Since I am facing AB and Godwin in two league and have Evans in a third, you knew Evans would disappear.

The Bucs D backs are mugging the receivers every play. 

6 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Eagles RBs had 1 carry for 1 yard in the first half.

Yeah - Sanders is borderline droppable at this point.

Looks like it’s one of those Evans milk carton games. Oh well, you know they happen when you draft him.  

I just turned on the game and looking at the box score, it appears OJ Howard isn't completely useless.  Who would've thunk it?

16 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

Yeah - Sanders is borderline droppable at this point.

depends on your league.  I thought the same, but when I went to drop him I wasnt able to find anyone better on the wire.

then again its a 12 teamer and we start 2 RB.  so its usually slim pickings.

at least hes playing which is more than I can say about most of the RB's on the wire.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I just turned on the game and looking at the box score, it appears OJ Howard isn't completely useless.  Who would've thunk it?

the guy has some talent.

his biggest problem is he cant stay healthy.  Tough to rely on someone who is hurt all the time.

Just now, Ray_T said:

the guy has some talent.

his biggest problem is he cant stay healthy.  Tough to rely on someone who is hurt all the time.

Preach.  I've been holding on to his stock in my dynasty league since his rookie season.

You'd think on a team with Jalen freaking Hurts as the quarterback, they'd try to steal some of the Ravens playbook, but they just keep dropping him back and not even entertaining the run.

And that's why it'll be difficult for this offense to support fantasy relevant players.  Hurts misses easy TD throws and ends up just running it in himself if he doesn't kill the drive completely.

Hurts - the kind of QB who does well in fantasy, but the NFL team loses with.

This is traditionally where Brady punishes teams that have the nerve to keep trying.

Refs haven't realized these receivers always get their feet down yet?  These guys are so damn good at that these days, the ball needs to be thrown 4 yards out of bounds to make it incomplete.

Smart of Bruce Arians to wear a defibrillator on his chest.  He always looks like he's on the verge of a heart attack.

21 minutes ago, Law said:

Hurts - the kind of QB who does well in fantasy, but the NFL team loses with.

Hurts hasn't even played a full season.  And he's had some nice runs, throws, and games in his very short career. 

Aikman finished 1989 with a 0–11 record as a starter, completing 155 of 293 passes for 1,749 yards, 9 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

Peyton Manning had a passer rating of 71.2 with 3,739 yards, 26 touchdowns and 28 interceptions in 16 games in his rookie season in 1998.

I'm not saying he's going to be Aikman or Peyton Manning level good, just give the guy some time.

30 minutes ago, nobody said:

Preach.  I've been holding on to his stock in my dynasty league since his rookie season.

honestly when Gronk came in and became the starter, that would have been the time to cut bait.

When Gronk is healthy, hes the man.  no question about that.

He's going to be a free agent after this season.  I'm hesitant to sell shares until he goes to a team that actually will use him.

Wow what a fantastic game for Fournette 

Should be 3 knees and it's all over.  The only question is will Brady do the thing where he tries not to lose any yards because he cares about his rushing stats.

Alex Singleton with 15 tackles (8 solo).  I guess they were picking on him.