Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Virginia's governors race 2021

I've been following this since McAuliffe told parents to mind their business when it comes to education.  Dude is bought by the teachers unions.  This should be a good litmus test for 2022 midterms. Va has been solidly blue for a while.

But, today takes the cake if its true. Youngkin had a rally in Charlottesville today.  And look who is standing by his bus with tiki torches. White Supremicists from 2017!!!  Or not...these clowns have been outed as Mcauliffe Va Dem operatives.  

McAuliffe is desperate.  Was leading handily a month ago, made that idiotic statement that parent's shouldn't be involved in their kid's schooling, and has been making it worse ever since by walking out of interviews halfway through when getting tough questions and by basically insulting any group who's votes he needs.  Youngkin clearly has the momentum and the race is a statistical dead heat polling wise.  One of the biggest campaign meltdowns I can remember. 

Just now, Strike said:

McAuliffe is desperate.  Was leading handily a month ago, made that idiotic statement that parent's shouldn't be involved in their kid's schooling, and has been making it worse ever since by walking out of interviews halfway through when getting tough questions and by basically insulting any group who's votes he needs.  Youngkin clearly has the momentum and the race is a statistical dead heat polling wise.  One of the biggest campaign meltdowns I can remember. 

Yep, but McAuliffe will probably still win here...  The Northern Virginia vote will overcome the rest of the state...

Just now, posty said:

Yep, but McAuliffe will probably still win here...  The Northern Virginia vote will overcome the rest of the state...

Normally I would think that.  And of course he'll get the Dem votes.  But a lot of independents are pissed about his stance on education and the fact that his campaigning has not been about issues but character assassination and trying to tie Youngkin to Trump.  At the same time, Youngkin keeps campaigning on the issues and reaching out to the groups that McAuliffe is ignoring.  I think he has a decent shot.  Tuesday should be interesting.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Normally I would think that.  And of course he'll get the Dem votes.  But a lot of independents are pissed about his stance on education and the fact that his campaigning has not been about issues but character assassination and trying to tie Youngkin to Trump.  At the same time, Youngkin keeps campaigning on the issues and reaching out to the groups that McAuliffe is ignoring.  I think he has a decent shot.  Tuesday should be interesting.

I think Youngkin does as well... I am hoping that he some how pulls it out...

42 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I've been following this since McAuliffe told parents to mind their business when it comes to education.  Dude is bought by the teachers unions.  This should be a good litmus test for 2022 midterms. Va has been solidly blue for a while.

But, today takes the cake if its true. Youngkin had a rally in Charlottesville today.  And look who is standing by his bus with tiki torches. White Supremicists from 2017!!!  Or not...these clowns have been outed as Mcauliffe Va Dem operatives.  

LOL the useful idiots will fall for it.

18 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

LOL the useful idiots will fall for it.

it's been getting pretty well ridiculed by everyone since it came out earlier today.   I mean, read the comments when McAuliffe's spokesperson retweeted this:

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

it's been getting pretty well ridiculed by everyone since it came out earlier today.   I mean, read the comments when McAuliffe's spokesperson retweeted this:

Holy sh!t

JFC these people...all actions, no matter how devious, are justified due to their faux moral superiority complex.

I am being realistic that it's VA and it's a long shot that any R can win the election.    But this race is giving me strong "Scott Brown vs Martha Coakley" vibes.     Brown was the longest of long shots in a state that NEVER elects republican senators.    But Obama was majorly fuking up and completely mis-reading his "mandate" from his election (sound familiar?).    Coakley was a long time democratic apparatchik in MA and was expected to cruise to victory.   As soon as the D's got a whiff of the scent that "Ted Kennedy's seat" might be in jeopardy the election became nationalized and money poured in.  The "nationalizing" of the election worked exactly the opposite of what the dems thought it would - people reacted with "OK, you want to make this a referendum on your party and the direction the president is taking this country - OK we'll vote that way" and proceeded to register their disgust with the dems in a state that is deep, deep blue.   The independents deserted Coakley in droves and Brown won a shocking victory that to me was as stunning as Trump beating the Clinton machine. 

• Thanks 1

At this point, If you are a straight,white law abiding tax paying male and vote Democrat you are truly a cuck. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Fireballer said:

One of the guys is black...I don’t think they expected people to think they were real white supremacists.   But apparently some liberals did...

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

One of the guys is black...I don’t think they expected people to think they were real white supremacists.   But apparently some liberals did...

Hey look, Mr. independent is coming down for the left again. 

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The lib mindset is to think they can outsmart anyone.  They absolutely thought people would buy this, right down to chanting "We're all in with Glenn!".  Many high level Dem accounts amplified it through social media. They were all aware of it and were hoping to connect Youngkin to Trumps "very fine people" misquote, which McAuliffe actually runs in one of his ads.  It was an act of desperation. 

Listed as a pickem now. Both -115

53 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Come on man.  Your colors are showing again.  Libs have labeled Larry Elder and Condi Rice as white supremacists. 

59 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So blacks can’t be white supremacists now? That’s news to Larry Elder. 

37 minutes ago, Strike said:

Come on man.  Your colors are showing again.  Libs have labeled Larry Elder and Condi Rice as white supremacists. 

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So blacks can’t be white supremacists now? That’s news to Larry Elder. 

Regardless, I’m pretty sure the people with the tiki torches didn’t expect people to think they were actual white supremacists.   But apparently some liberals did.  

The people that organized it just said it was supposed to be a “reminder” of the Charlottesville events from 2017 - https://www.nbc29.com/2021/10/29/group-with-tiki-torches-stand-by-youngkin-campaign-bus-charlottesville-event/

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Regardless, I’m pretty sure the people with the tiki torches didn’t expect people to think they were actual white supremacists.   But apparently some liberals did.  

The people that organized it just said it was supposed to be a “reminder” of the Charlottesville events from 2017 - https://www.nbc29.com/2021/10/29/group-with-tiki-torches-stand-by-youngkin-campaign-bus-charlottesville-event/

The Lincoln project? That disgrace? Plus it’s full of pedophiles. Man, you don’t care who says it, as long as it’s for your side. Sad. 

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The people that organized it just said it was supposed to be a “reminder” of the Charlottesville events

Uh...you wanna ad a little more of the quote besides "reminder"?  

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Psssst.......Here a tip.  Just because someone claims they are behind something doesn't mean they are.

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Uh...you wanna ad a little more of the quote besides "reminder"?  

Like what?

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Like what?

You're right...you provided all the context needed.  Lincoln Project was just reminding us about Charlotesville.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Like what?

What message is McAuliffes campaign sending when a spokesperson tweets this?  They were all in on it and amplified it trying to get it viral. Just a reminder though, that they thought nobody would believe.  

We need you to denounce the greatest president this country has ever seen in Trump, oh, and go tip over that statue of Ben Franklin.

Definitely seems like McAuliffe and his team/supporters have TDS, so in the little I’ve read about this race I’m not impressed by him.

But I still don’t think the actual people standing by the bus expected people to think they were real white supremacists.

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wow do libtards still believe in that there’s good people on both sides nonsense?

They absolutely do. 

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wow do libtards still believe in that there’s good people on both sides nonsense?

It's funny, there's a couple of touch points where you can quickly and easily check and see if the person you're talking to is a legit thinker or just a moron regurgitating what they've been fed.    The "fine people" thing is one.    The other I can think of is the "Ivermectin is horse paste" cr@p when the conversation is about CV19 related stuff.     There's others.    "Trump told 30,000 lies" is another one.       Probably there's a thread there;   what are the things that if a person unironically says them is a absolute "tell" that they are an unserious person?   

24 minutes ago, Masshole said:

It's funny, there's a couple of touch points where you can quickly and easily check and see if the person you're talking to is a legit thinker or just a moron regurgitating what they've been fed.    The "fine people" thing is one.    The other I can think of is the "Ivermectin is horse paste" cr@p when the conversation is about CV19 related stuff.     There's others.    "Trump told 30,000 lies" is another one.       Probably there's a thread there;   what are the things that if a person unironically says them is a absolute "tell" that they are an unserious person?   

Kids in cages

Russian hoax

pee pee tape

Taxes

There are thousands of others.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Definitely seems like McAuliffe and his team/supporters have TDS, so in the little I’ve read about this race I’m not impressed by him.

But I still don’t think the actual people standing by the bus expected people to think they were real white supremacists.

Of course you don't.  And we wouldn't expect you to given your history.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Of course you don't.  And we wouldn't expect you to given your history.

I would bet they put the black guy there for that exact purpose (racists!).   I know Larry Elder has been called a white surpremacist, but I’m sure even the people that called him that don’t think he’d go walking around with tiki torches.

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

The actual spokesperson for McAuliffe tweeted "this is who Glenn Younkins supporters are".  Thats all you need to know. 

Just now, Fireballer said:

The actual spokesperson for McAuliffe tweeted "this is who Glenn Younkins supporters are".  Thats all you need to know. 

They covered up the rape of a child. That’s all you need to know.