Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Proposed changes for 22 season

3 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

The only two changes happening for this year are the playoff seedings and kicker scoring as said above.   As for realignment and the RB/Flex rules....they should be discussed and if we decide to do either of them, we can set what year they go into effect.

Could you provide a rationale for why those two proposals would need to be deferred?

for the rb2 vs flex: we are still dealing with potential covid scratches, the nfl added a regular season game… which will result in either more injuries or more rest, and the league is now driven by rbbc. Those who have active rbs will start them.  They are not at a loss. 

for rotating divisions: what would we need to prepare for? How would things be different in future seasons?

4 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Could you provide a rationale for why those two proposals would need to be deferred?

for the rb2 vs flex: we are still dealing with potential covid scratches, the nfl added a regular season game… which will result in either more injuries or more rest, and the league is now driven by rbbc. Those who have active rbs will start them.  They are not at a loss. 

for rotating divisions: what would we need to prepare for? How would things be different in future seasons?

On 6/9/2022 at 6:31 AM, Gypsybrat said:

I would like to see any line up rule changes take at least a year to implement.  Bier's rule change proposal for changing the requirement of starting an RB2 to a FLEX is pretty big.  This is a huge benefit to teams that are weak at RB and really doesnt effect teams that RB is a strength.  I am not a big fan of changes that do not impact everyone the same.  At least a year out gives teams to adjust a little.  Food for thought.

As for the league realignments, I have no issue with that being implemented immediately. 

Really my main reason for pushing these back is the posts about it being decided before the draft.  The draft starts in 2 days.  I do not see us as figuring this out before then :banana:

On 7/28/2022 at 8:38 PM, Gypsybrat said:

The only two changes happening for this year are the playoff seedings and kicker scoring as said above.   As for realignment and the RB/Flex rules....they should be discussed and if we decide to do either of them, we can set what year they go into effect.

Thanks for clarifying, I thought you had meant the ones under discussion were under discussion for this season instead of future seasons.  I like that approach.  

On 7/29/2022 at 3:29 AM, Gypsybrat said:

As for the league realignments, I have no issue with that being implemented immediately. 

Really my main reason for pushing these back is the posts about it being decided before the draft.  The draft starts in 2 days.  I do not see us as figuring this out before then :banana:

I can appreciate wanting to complete voting/implementing before the draft to account for changes.  There are long and short term factors which have created scarcity for viable rbs.  The advantage for those teams has grown during covid. Deterring another season widens the gap

11 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Just noticed that all fg are decimal. Thought 0-30 yds = 3pts

@Gypsybrat

Took me a bit to figure out what you were referencing. 

I see your initial proposal (first post of this topic) was 0-30 yard FG's are 3 points, all other FG's are fractionalized.  I never caught the 0-30 yard = 3 pts aspect, I just assumed all FG's would be fractionalized. 

The league vote topic i created concerning the scoring change did not specify any other scoring parameters outside of fractionalizing  Field Goals.

I guess this comes down to what everyone thinks they were voting on. 

Either 1, all FG's were fractionalized

or

2, 0-30 yard FGs are 3 points and all longer kicks are fractionalized.

Speak up Dienastians on what you thought you were voting on, and how to proceed.

• Like 1

0-30 = 3 

• Like 1

I don't have a preference either way on FG scoring.

Except to say we should get rid of kickers altogether.  :)

winning is everything.

On 10/3/2022 at 7:53 AM, Bigtraine said:

I don't have a preference either way on FG scoring.

Except to say we should get rid of kickers altogether.  :)

:lol:

Looks like everyone but me got it right  :doh:

So the question is, now what?   

Should I change it from this point on, or change it to cover our previous games also?

I am inclined to put it into effect from week 1 and have the scores adjusted since everyone thought that was how the scoring went.  

5 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

Looks like everyone but me got it right  :doh:

So the question is, now what?   

Should I change it from this point on, or change it to cover our previous games also?

I am inclined to put it into effect from week 1 and have the scores adjusted since everyone thought that was how the scoring went.  

I agree

• Like 1

I am with you on recalculating from week one, as that is how it should have been.

it also only impacts fgs under 30 yds