Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Bills at Chiefs: Divisional Round Discussion

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Best weekend of football of all time?

Craziest weekend of football I can remember. 

• Like 1

Buffalo not putting the kickoff in play to burn 5 seconds might cost them the game here.

They showed Josh Allen and Gabriel Davis embracing on the sideline.  I said to myself, "these idiots think this game is over."

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

They showed Josh Allen and Gabriel Davis embracing on the sideline.  I said to myself, "these idiots think this game is over."

With better decision making it may have been. 

I don't know what everyone's so excited about...  The Chiefs won by twice as much as any other winning team this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Gabriel Davis: 8-201-4

Wowzerz!

You have to admit, though, it was a genius defensive plan for the Chiefs, letting Davis go for a TD on every play just to get the ball back in Mahomes' hands.

• Like 1

yeah, this was one crazy end of game.  I'm glad I watched it.

honestly its a shame someone had to lose this one.

Chase did this to the chiefs when they played this year.  Does he repeat this performance?

Better believe that Burrow goes for another 500 plus Mixon has 100 plus the Bengals money line = winner.  

Bengals 31-KC 12.   Book it.  

Best game I've ever  been to .. . Arrowhead went crazy

• Like 1

I didnt think Burrow was that impressive in their last game.   he needs to be better if this team is gonna go anywhere.

hes capable, but the question is will he get it done.

at this age its normally a learning experience for a young QB.   he honestly deserved to lose his last game.  the team won, but not because of him.

so I think he still has some learning to do at this level.

Wish I could post the original twitter, but I can't find it.  Someone pointed out that the Chiefs' game-tying FG drive to end regulation took less time than Dak's QB sneak to end their game.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Buffalo not putting the kickoff in play to burn 5 seconds might cost them the game here.

meant to reply to this sooner.

but I fully think you are right.  I dont know why they wouldnt do a squib kick that would bounce around and kill a few seconds.  a forced return would have  made it difficult for Mahomes to do anything.  I know there is the risk of a big kick return, but I'd rather take my chances there than in the hands of Mahomes.

I would've settled for a normal kick down to the 5 yard line.  Even if they get to the 40, that they have only one play before they'd either be in Hail Mary or FG mode.

a return to the 40 would knock nearly 10 seconds off the clock.   the smarter move for a returner is to get it out of bounds ASAP or to run straight ahead and go down when they hit you.

only exception is if you think you can break one.  thats why you do the squib kick.  once that baby starts bouncing on the ground people normally wont wanna touch it for fear of creating a live ball situation if you cant hang onto it but in this situation would be inclined to jump on it and that may create opportunity anyhow.  

either way, its a done deal now.   I think that was what cost em in the end.   that and losing the coin toss in OT.

13 seconds is a stupid time to kick the ball so that The receiving team doesn’t have to return it.  That would have killed five plus seconds. 

The bills will think about that decision for a long while.  

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:22 AM, cmh6476 said:

Since Mahomes came into the scene as one of the top QBs in the game, I started wondering to myself who might be the QB he sees on a number of occasions in the playoffs every year.  There have been a ton of young QBs drafted in recent years in the AFC (Allen, Mac Jones, Tua, Wilson, Burrow, Mayfield, Lamar, Lawrence and Herbert).  It seemed to me like every year Brady and Manning were going to play each other in the AFC playoffs and it wouldn't surprise me if it's Mahomes and Allen in the same boat over several seasons of the next decade.

I think it'll be allen

Another strategy the Bills could've employed.

On 11/21/2021 at 6:34 PM, nobody said:

One thing I'm surprised Belichick hasn't tried yet is if the opponent has the ball needing to go 80 yards and like 40 seconds left, your defense can just all line up and immediately tackle every receiver every play.  If it takes 6 seconds to run a play, you could do that 6 straight times and they get 30 free yards from defensive holding and 1 play from midfield.

I don't know about "tackling" the WRs - but I was shocked the Bills just let them all "release."  I'd have had a guy "chuck" both Hill and Kelce, with a 2nd guy 8-10 yards downfield, to track them after they came off the contact.

Hate to say it, especially with BUF HC being from the defensive side of the ball - but they lost the game due to coaching.. 

(Also agree with:  13 seconds is a stupid time to kick the ball so that The receiving team doesn’t have to return it.  That would have killed five plus seconds.  The bills will think about that decision for a long while.  aka SQUIB IT!!   🤬 )

Posted by a Bills fan on Facebook today:

Well, I’m beginning to crawl my way out of depression. Man, I was low last night. I went from crying tears of joy to feeling all the life in my body just leave. One of the best football games ever. And the Buffalo Bills lost. Again. Having Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill & Travis Kelce on the same team coached by Andy Reid should be illegal. Seriously. If Josh Allen isn’t the best football player on the planet, Mahomes is. F*ck that guy is unreal. Being in Arrowhead was surreal. The home field advantage Kansas City has is not unwarranted. You guys are f*cking crazy. My ears are still ringing. I can’t believe the Bills found a way to blow it at the end. I should be able to because we are the best in the world at finding ways to lose huge games. But man, prevent defense against the best offense on the planet with 3 timeouts and only needing a field goal is one of the most colossal coaching failures of all time. I know you all are very proud of your city and your team. And you damned well should be. The hospitality my friends and I received all weekend was world class. Oddly enough, I think that being in Kansas City, surrounded by Chiefs fans is what helped me avoid crumbling into a horrible state of depression last night. So many people came up to me to congratulate me on a great game. They demanded that I keep my head up because the performance by the Bills and Josh Allen was spectacular. I was pretty much told I would be an absolute fool to talk down on the Bills after that game. And Josh Allen in a universal superstar. I really needed to hear that. Kansas City, you are beautiful. I had high expectations coming in to this trip. They were wayyyy exceeded. The people in this city are absolutely phenomenal. Thank you all so much for making us feel so welcome this whole time. Even with the gut wrenching loss, this was an all time experience. Now, go win the whole f*cking thing! I love you guys! GO BILLS!!

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Posted by a Bills fan on Facebook today:

1 minute ago, gcmmidwest said:

One of my pet peeves is all this "Chiefs KINGDOM" nonsense.  We're not the Kings, we're the Chiefs.  We don't have a Kingdom, we have a Chiefdom.

At least now the question of Kingdom/Chiefdom is a moot footnote to the new reality...

Chiefs Dynasty.

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

"High level stuff!" :lol:

Lamar Jackson is the only quarterback I'm aware of that doesn't do this kind of stuff.

32 minutes ago, nobody said:

Lamar Jackson is the only quarterback I'm aware of that doesn't do this kind of stuff.

But those that do it at a high level are still in the playoffs.

And parenthetically, I don't know if you listened to it, but it was more something that Kelce did than his QB.

You guys crack me up.  

A dude stepping out of bounds and reaching back to down a kickoff is the smartest play in history, and guys making obvious adjustments against a defense they know they might see is "high level stuff!"  

Those adjustments happen literally at least 15 times a game.  Any time you see a QB rear up and give a receiver a hand signal, it's because they're making some adjustment they talked about earlier.  

"if they leave the middle of the field open, I'm going to run up the middle of the field"  OOOOOOOOOO! So high level! 

I think they had that on an episode of Colombo once.  

1 hour ago, nobody said:

You guys crack me up.  

A dude stepping out of bounds and reaching back to down a kickoff is the smartest play in history, and guys making obvious adjustments against a defense they know they might see is "high level stuff!"  

Those adjustments happen literally at least 15 times a game.  Any time you see a QB rear up and give a receiver a hand signal, it's because they're making some adjustment they talked about earlier.  

"if they leave the middle of the field open, I'm going to run up the middle of the field"  OOOOOOOOOO! So high level! 

Tell me you're bitter without telling me you're bitter.

• Like 1

Just now, nobody said:

Bitter about what?  People who are amazed by common sense?

I dunno, just seems like viciously criticizing a Twitter post by someone who isn't even here to defend themselves kinda reeks of bitterness.