Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Wait- so your argument now is that net gains are bad?

A businessman would say not good enough. And ask why you lost as many as you did. Go to class 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

A businessman would say not good enough. And ask why you lost as many as you did. Go to class 

Still need to see your evidence they lost 3 million subscribers. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

3 million subscribers, customers in hand, ended their subscription.  If any of you think that’s no big deal, then you should stick to your day job. HTH 

I'm going to go with my knowledge of subscription services over yours.  While that number can be a huge deal, you have to look at the bigger picture.  How many new subscribers did they get in comparison?  What percentage of their customers ended their subscriptions?  Those are the stats that really matter, not that one specific stat you keep talking about.

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So March is the close of the year now?

Even that only looks like around 185.

I would also bet the widespread availability of the vaccine had a lot to do with the optimism at that point.

It is if it's their fiscal year.  My fiscal year ends in October.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm going to go with my knowledge of subscription services over yours.  While that number can be a huge deal, you have to look at the bigger picture.  How many new subscribers did they get in comparison?  What percentage of their customers ended their subscriptions?  Those are the stats that really matter, not that one specific stat you keep talking about.

HT also wants to argue that net gains are not good. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think all the stats we've seen are meaningless to the point at hand because none of them come after Disney and Florida had their collision. To figure out how the thread ends, we have to wait to see what the next round of numbers are.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I think all the stats we've seen are meaningless to the point at hand because none of them come after Disney and Florida had their collision. To figure out how the thread ends, we have to wait to see what the next round of numbers are.

At this point- HT has made 3 or 4 claims which are just not true. He refuses to admit they are not true. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

At this point- HT has made 3 or 4 claims which are just not true. He refuses to admit they are not true. 

Maybe he has secret corporate information from inside Mouse Central that hasn't been leaked to the press yet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Maybe he has secret corporate information from inside Mouse Central that hasn't been leaked to the press yet.

Or more likely- he is just a bullshit artist. 

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I've seen their Q2 numbers and they gained 7.5 million subscribers.

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Or more likely- he is just a bullshit artist. 

I think he’s going to be right. Disney pissed off a lot of people by embracing Woke religion, then doubling down, then tripling down.. But fock all if I know how significantly. 

I don’t care enough to look, but there was enough time between when the sh1t hit the fan between Disney and Florida and the stock market tanking, a good 2-3 weeks, that you could draw some preliminary pconclusions.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I think he’s going to be right. Disney pissed off a lot of people by embracing Woke religion, then doubling down, then tripling down.. But fock all if I know how significantly. 

I think there are a bigger things going on that affect their company than any woke crap.  They ended up losing a bunch in international subscribers because they were not able to reach a deal to carry Cricket matches. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They know why people subscribed. The question is why many left. 

26 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Name them. Hurry up kid, I have things to do. I know you don’t. 

Disney is committed to the agenda. Disney is a multi national corporation. Much of the world is not down with the agenda. How long can Disney keep cropping scenes out of their content, to satisfy those places, like China, before it just can’t be done anymore?  Or China just says no, we can make our own content, you’re out. I’m guessing the market knows this.  Crazy, right? It’s the agenda, stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They know why people subscribed. The question is why many left. 

Lots of reasons.  More than the single one you choose to believe because you have a personal bias.

• Like 1

Disney's stock has lost nearly $50 billion in value since the start of March, when it took a political gamble to oppose Florida's controversial new education law.

Disney’s stock was down more than 2% on Friday and by more than 8.5% over the past few days as Florida lawmakers work to punish the company for wading into the state’s politics. The stock's market cap has declined by about $46.6 billion since March 1, just days before the company came out against the legislation.

The public row between Republican lawmakers and Disney has recently been front and center in the battle over the Parental Rights in Education bill, branded the “Don't Say Gay” bill by opponents.

Initially, Disney did not take a position on the legislation, which would ban classroom instruction of sexual orientation and gender identity through the third grade, but under pressure from investors and employees, the company relented and came out in full-throated opposition to the legislation. Furthermore, Disney CEO Bob Chapek said his company would end political donations in the Sunshine State.

Now Republican lawmakers are exacting their revenge.

This week in a 23-16 vote, the GOP-led Senate passed the legislation that would dismantle the Reedy Creek Improvement District, which allows Disney to oversee its own zoning, infrastructure, laws, and policing in the area around its parks. The state House also voted to do so by a 70-38 vote.

29 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

In the alt right circles that encompass your reality, sure, but that's not the real world.  We'll see when the Q3 earnings report comes out, but Disneyland and Disneyworld have never been busier.  There is no evidence to suggest that woke culture is having any negative effect on them.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

In the alt right circles that encompass your reality, sure, but that's not the real world.  We'll see when the Q3 earnings report comes out, but Disneyland and Disneyworld have never been busier.  There is no evidence to suggest that woke culture is having any negative effect on them.

No evidence? None at all? Of course there are other factors, but I don’t know of a “boycott Dollywood “ movement. There is a “boycott Disney “ one though. Plus China. 

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Disney's stock has lost nearly $50 billion in value since the start of March, when it took a political gamble to oppose Florida's controversial new education law.

Disney’s stock was down more than 2% on Friday and by more than 8.5% over the past few days as Florida lawmakers work to punish the company for wading into the state’s politics. The stock's market cap has declined by about $46.6 billion since March 1, just days before the company came out against the legislation.

The public row between Republican lawmakers and Disney has recently been front and center in the battle over the Parental Rights in Education bill, branded the “Don't Say Gay” bill by opponents.

Initially, Disney did not take a position on the legislation, which would ban classroom instruction of sexual orientation and gender identity through the third grade, but under pressure from investors and employees, the company relented and came out in full-throated opposition to the legislation. Furthermore, Disney CEO Bob Chapek said his company would end political donations in the Sunshine State.

Now Republican lawmakers are exacting their revenge.

This week in a 23-16 vote, the GOP-led Senate passed the legislation that would dismantle the Reedy Creek Improvement District, which allows Disney to oversee its own zoning, infrastructure, laws, and policing in the area around its parks. The state House also voted to do so by a 70-38 vote.

If you look at Disney's stock over the last year you'll see that it's been on the same downward trajectory the entire time.  I am not arguing that what they've done in Florida hasn't had any affect on them, it is definitely not the only or even the biggest factor though.  That's the only point I've been trying to make here, there's so much more to it than what you choose to see.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

No evidence? None at all? Of course there are other factors, but I don’t know of a “boycott Dollywood “ movement. There is a “boycott Disney “ one though. Plus China. 

Do more reading then.  Read the articles about why stocks have been going down steadily over the past year.  Read about their Cricket deal falling through.  Read about subscriber gains but costs going up.  There is a lot that goes into a company like theirs, not just the one agenda you have focused on.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If you look at Disney's stock over the last year you'll see that it's been on the same downward trajectory the entire time.  I am not arguing that what they've done in Florida hasn't had any affect on them, it is definitely not the only or even the biggest factor though.  That's the only point I've been trying to make here, there's so much more to it than what you choose to see.

Go woke go broke.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Do more reading then.  Read the articles about why stocks have been going down steadily over the past year.  Read about their Cricket deal falling through.  Read about subscriber gains but costs going up.  There is a lot that goes into a company like theirs, not just the one agenda you have focused on.

I said there are other factors. But you people claim the agenda has nothing to do with it. When you’re looking at possibly being shut out of one of the largest markets on earth , investors take notice. Disney has gone to war for their agenda. China and other countries will not accept it on the scale that they say they are going to push it. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Go woke go broke.

Good job ignoring everything else.  How are you different than the far left people you hate so much?  You're just as unwilling to learn more than what you want.  Keep that bias if it makes you happy though.

37 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I don’t care enough to look, but there was enough time between when the sh1t hit the fan between Disney and Florida and the stock market tanking, a good 2-3 weeks, that you could draw some preliminary pconclusions.

I looked https://www.google.com/finance/quote/DIS:NYSE?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPrMnKybT4AhUuAJ0JHXVkBJ4Q3ecFegQILRAi&window=6M&comparison=INDEXSP%3A.INX%2CNASDAQ%3ACMCSA%2CNASDAQ%3ANFLX

April 19 - May 4.

Disney -11.5%

Comcast - 14.5%

Netflix - 41%

3 of the largest media companies in the world.  There appears to be nothing abnormal with the stock price following the battle with Desantis.

Why has Netflix lost so many subscribers? If their agenda had nothing to do with it, why are they going out of their way now to tell their employees tough shite if you don’t like it? They never did that before. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why has Netflix lost so many subscribers? If their agenda had nothing to do with it, why are they going out of their way now to tell their employees tough shite if you don’t like it? They never did that before. 

Raising their rates and not adding increased value is probably the number one reason why.

41 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Correlation does not equal causation. 

I don't think you're a bad dude or an idiot (like HT, Utilit99, Fireballer are) but you are kind of very narrowly looking at this. As Hawkeye pointed out- there are a lot of moving pieces in all of this. The cricket deal being delayed, or falling through, hurt them. There are also questions about the leadership they have in place. But they still have gained viewers to Disney+ and their stock prices are not down nearly as much as the Dow average right now.

And either way- he says Disney+ lost 3 million subscribers. Not that they will, that it already happened. There is no evidence of that and he has yet to prove it. Because he can't

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Raising their rates and not adding increased value is probably the number one reason why.

But why tell their employees, all of a sudden, that if they don’t agree with some of the content that upsets them they should leave? 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Good job ignoring everything else.  How are you different than the far left people you hate so much?  You're just as unwilling to learn more than what you want.  Keep that bias if it makes you happy though.

Just stating the facts. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

According to experts who closely follow the streaming industry, there’s several factors outside the company’s control, such as inflation forcing customers to cut back, and Netflix having to pull its service in Russia, thus losing 700,000 customers. 

But in expert’s opinion, Netflix’s woes come down to two main issues: increased competition in the streaming market, and an outdated content strategy.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/why-is-netflix-losing-subscribers

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yes- there has been talk for over a year now (really since Disney+, Paramount+, HBO Max, etc started entering the fray) that Netflix's value to the at home consumer has dropped because they rely still on the content dump model for shows which make shows flash and then disappear. Plus there were many rumblings back in 2020, and before, that Netflix did not have a lot of great original content and their movie contracts were drying up as more specialized services were popping up.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But why tell their employees, all of a sudden, that if they don’t agree with some of the content that upsets them they should leave? 

You're asking the wrong person.  I'm sure doing that didn't help but it's not the biggest reason numbers are down.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

According to experts who closely follow the streaming industry, there’s several factors outside the company’s control, such as inflation forcing customers to cut back, and Netflix having to pull its service in Russia, thus losing 700,000 customers. 

But in expert’s opinion, Netflix’s woes come down to two main issues: increased competition in the streaming market, and an outdated content strategy.

...and going woke...

Just now, Utilit99 said:

...and going woke...

Either provide some evidence or shut your fat face.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Why tell their employees that then?