vomit

NFL Draft 2022

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Everyone gets it wrong sometimes. Tardcore said the Eagles don’t use the tight end right before Ertz broke the TE record for receptions. He also said the Broncos are loaded with weapons and Russell Wilson was going to blow up this year. D’oh!

Talk about your glass houses. 

The Eagles are overrated.  Its more like he's facing stupid defenses.  

What's actually happened is this:

1.  Patrick Mahomes began destroying the league.
2.  Defenses realized the best defense against him is to play 2 safeties deep.
3.  Playing 2 safeties deep evolved into a full-blown NFL trend, and teams now do it all the time even when NOT facing Mahomes.
4.  Jalen Hurts stopped throwing deep in 2022 (and actually sucks at throwing deep), but stupid NFL defenses keep playing 2 safeties deep.
5.  Hurts suddenly looks like NFL MVP and the Eagles are 7-0.

My system thinks the Eagles are trash and that they will run into a team that actually knows what its doing on defense and force Hurts to throw deep.  The Eagles probably get bounced in the playoffs early.  But its actually not impossible he faces teams that keep playing 2 safeties deep in the playoffs for a while because, well, coaches are dumb.

The Eagles are a gadget offense.  They don't really have that thing where they expect to outright beat you straight-up.  Its more like everyone is defending deep and the Eagles just run screens and RPOs.  If they face a DC who specifically defends against what the Eagles do, its very questionable they have an identity or an ability to put up lots of points.

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

3.  Playing 2 safeties deep evolved into a full-blown NFL trend, and teams now do it all the time even when NOT facing Mahomes.
4.  Jalen Hurts stopped throwing deep in 2022 (and actually sucks at throwing deep), but stupid NFL defenses keep playing 2 safeties deep.

My system thinks the Eagles are trash and that they will run into a team that actually knows what its doing on defense and force Hurts to throw deep.  The Eagles probably get bounced in the playoffs early.  But its actually not impossible he faces teams that keep playing 2 safeties deep in the playoffs for a while because, well, coaches are dumb.

The Eagles are a gadget offense.  They don't really have that thing where they expect to outright beat you straight-up.  Its more like everyone is defending deep and the Eagles just run screens and RPOs.  If they face a DC who specifically defends against what the Eagles do, its very questionable they have an identity or an ability to put up lots of points.

Eagles are among the top of the league in total O (3rd), total D (4th), scoring (3rd), opponent PPG (4th), turnover differential (1st), red zone TD % (5th), and time of possession (1st) but your “mechanical system” thinks they’re trash. Interesting. 

Is this the same system that declared the Chargers the Team of the Decade? 🤔 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

I think you just explained why the Eagles are actually a good team.  Sounds like they are well coached and making the appropriate adjustments.  This is what good teams do.

The only issue worn AJ Brown is he is a bit injury prone.  But he’s 100 pct healthy this year so it’s not a concern. 

I remember when MDC said Danny Dimes had a weak arm the year before he led the NFL in deep pass completions. BTW, no one ever said he had a weak arm. Even at Duke. But MDC did. He just says stuff. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The only issue worn AJ Brown is he is a bit injury prone.  But he’s 100 pct healthy this year so it’s not a concern. 

Focking eagles fans.

Looking good tonight, tied with a 1 win team.

Suck it

Al Michaels just said "2 deep safeties is Houston's base defense.  they came out of it and touchdown to AJ Brown".

Just shows you they have been in the wrong defense as their base.

6 hours ago, MDC said:

Eagles are among the top of the league in total O (3rd), total D (4th), scoring (3rd), opponent PPG (4th), turnover differential (1st), red zone TD % (5th), and time of possession (1st) but your “mechanical system” thinks they’re trash. Interesting. 

Is this the same system that declared the Chargers the Team of the Decade? 🤔 

i never declared them team of the decade lol.  only sarcastically.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

i never declared them team of the decade lol.  only sarcastically.

Weasel. 

10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Focking eagles fans.

Looking good tonight, tied with a 1 win team.

Suck it

:pointstosky: 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:36 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Doesn’t sound like Thibodeaux is a guy Mara is interested in. Big mouth, takes plays off.  I like him, focker is quick as hell. I’d love it if Gardner is there at 5 and they trade the 7, but not too far back. 

Spot on. 

Worms saying the Eagles should have traded for Garrapolo is the worst take in this thread. Followed by listen2me saying the trade for AJ Brown was a mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Worms saying the Eagles should have traded for Garrapolo is the worst take in this thread. Followed by listen2me saying the trade for AJ Brown was a mistake.

I was wrong.  More wrong about the Eagles and their chances.  I think if the Eagles were a 7th seed type team and Hurts didn't improve, I would still be fine with my position.   But that isn't what happened so I will take the L.

I mentioned 2 WRs the Packers may draft.  I didn't want Watson at all.  I was probably wrong.  The physical tools alone make him worth a 2nd but he needs to stay healthy.  But they also traded up.  I still think Pickens with his head screwed on has much more game to become a true number 1 WR.  Hopefully Watson can refine his game to go along with the blazing speed.   

On 11/3/2022 at 1:58 PM, JustinCharge said:

The Eagles are a gadget offense.  They don't really have that thing where they expect to outright beat you straight-up.  It’s more like everyone is defending deep and the Eagles just run screens and RPOs.  If they face a DC who specifically defends against what the Eagles do, it’s very questionable they have an identity or an ability to put up lots of points.

:first: