Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Man dies after falling from golf cart; driver arrested for DUI manslaughter

Not a good day for some people.

A man from Texas is dead after falling from a golf cart in Port St. Lucie.

Police responded to a call Tuesday night at the Floridian National Golf Club on SE Floridian Drive for reports of a man who fell off a golf cart.

The preliminary investigation revealed three people left the clubhouse in a golf cart and were driving back to a home in the community. 

The golf cart went over a raised manhole cover, causing the victim who was standing in the rear of the golf cart to fall off and hit the roadway, according to police.

The victim, Christopher Cipra, of Texas, was taken to a hospital where he died.

The driver of the cart, John Hehr, 53, of Texas, was arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/man-dies-after-falling-from-golf-cart-driver-arrested-for-dui-manslaughter/ar-AAWEJbL?li=BBnb7Kz

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Are you blaming Biden for this as well?

Utilit99 blames Biden

Pimpadeaux blames Trump

Hardcore Troubadour blames Jim Crane and the Astros

MDC blames the golf cart

Worms blames big oil executives

Bert blames environmentalists

Wiffleball blames god 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

there may be some geeks reenacting this in vegas shortly

Here we go again. Someone always has to be blamed. Accidents aren't allowed to just be accidents. 

Likely the issue is they took it on a public street. Had this happened at the course I doubt anyone would’ve been charged

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Likely the issue is they took it on a public street. Had this happened at the course I doubt anyone would’ve been charged

The preliminary investigation revealed three people left the clubhouse in a golf cart and were driving back to a home in the community. 

I play on a course that is in a gated community and you have to drive on the street to get to certain teeboxes. It is the only way to get around on some holes.

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I play on a course that is in a gated community and you have to drive on the street to get to certain teeboxes. It is the only way to get around on some holes.

Okay :dunno:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Okay :dunno:

If they took it on the highway, sure. It specifically states in the community. 

The guy was riding in the back standing up? I imagine they were all drunk. It seems to me that if that's true, most of the fault was his own stupidity.

• Thanks 1

Just now, edjr said:

If they took it on the highway, sure. It specifically states in the community. 

A public street is a public street. But my guess is they took a public street for real, not just veering on to one for a few yards.

Golf cart accidents are not uncommon on roads. They don’t really belong on there even if technically “street legal” (some of them anyways) plus the drivers have typically had a few. I’ve seen several cases like that

I am getting tired, really getting tired, of these golfing c0cksuckers in their green pants, and their yellow pants, and their orange pants, and their precious little hats and their cute little golf carts! It is time to reclaim the golf courses from the wealthy and turn them over to the homeless! Golfing is a arrogant, elitist game which takes up entirely too much room in this country. It is an arrogant game on its very design alone, just the design of the game speaks of arrogance. Think of how big a golf course is - the ball is that big! What do these pin-headed pricks need with all that land?! A boring game for boring people. You ever watch golf on television? It's like watching flies fock! And a mindless game, mindless. Think of the intellect it must take, to draw pleasure from this activity: hitting a ball with a crooked stick and then, walking after it! And then, hitting it again! I say pick it up ass hole, you're lucky you found the focking thing! Put it in your pocket and go home, you're a winner! You've found it! No chance of that happening. Dork-o in the plaid knickers is going to hit it again and walk some more. Let these rich c0cksuckers play miniature golf! Let them fock with a windmill for an hour and a half or so! See if there's any real skill among these people. Now I know there are some people who play golf who don't consider themselves rich. FOCK 'EM! And shame on them for engaging in an arrogant, elitist passtime.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

The guy was riding in the back standing up? I imagine they were all drunk. It seems to me that if that's true, most of the fault was his own stupidity.

This is 'merica. Someone other than the retard being retarded, MUST BE BLAMED!

31 minutes ago, Rocky Dennis said:

I am getting tired, really getting tired, of these golfing c0cksuckers in their green pants, and their yellow pants, and their orange pants, and their precious little hats and their cute little golf carts! It is time to reclaim the golf courses from the wealthy and turn them over to the homeless! Golfing is a arrogant, elitist game which takes up entirely too much room in this country. It is an arrogant game on its very design alone, just the design of the game speaks of arrogance. Think of how big a golf course is - the ball is that big! What do these pin-headed pricks need with all that land?! A boring game for boring people. You ever watch golf on television? It's like watching flies fock! And a mindless game, mindless. Think of the intellect it must take, to draw pleasure from this activity: hitting a ball with a crooked stick and then, walking after it! And then, hitting it again! I say pick it up ass hole, you're lucky you found the focking thing! Put it in your pocket and go home, you're a winner! You've found it! No chance of that happening. Dork-o in the plaid knickers is going to hit it again and walk some more. Let these rich c0cksuckers play miniature golf! Let them fock with a windmill for an hour and a half or so! See if there's any real skill among these people. Now I know there are some people who play golf who don't consider themselves rich. FOCK 'EM! And shame on them for engaging in an arrogant, elitist passtime.

How dare you rip off my routine :mad:  you motherfocker 

8 minutes ago, George Carlin said:

How dare you rip off my routine :mad:  you motherfocker 

Yet another rusty. :doh:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yet another rusty. :doh:

George Carlin is me. Widely known. I had to use when I couldn't reset my password after the great latin pimp heist. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

A public street is a public street. But my guess is they took a public street for real, not just veering on to one for a few yards.

Golf cart accidents are not uncommon on roads. They don’t really belong on there even if technically “street legal” (some of them anyways) plus the drivers have typically had a few. I’ve seen several cases like that

:lol: You ain't been so the south have you. Golf cart communities are all over.

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: You ain't been so the south have you. Golf cart communities are all over.

They’re all over where I live too. What’s your point? :huh:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

They’re all over where I live too. What’s your point? :huh:

They are legal to drive anywhere. 

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Some are, some aren’t. Typically you have to be able to go a certain mph to take them on a public street and your average cart doesn’t usually go that fast. But the souped-up ones can be street legal and I didn’t say otherwise :doh:

12 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

This is very dependent on state and even community laws. Some places also require special permits as well.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Some are, some aren’t. Typically you have to be able to go a certain mph to take them on a public street and your average cart doesn’t usually go that fast. But the souped-up ones can be street legal and I didn’t say otherwise :doh:

Depends on the state/community.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

there may be some geeks reenacting this in vegas shortly

Well, Bert will certainly try to explore your manhole. Hold on to something. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Depends on the state/community.

It certainly does but that’s generally the case. Municipalities don’t want golf carts going 12mph on a 25mph or faster street because it totally focks traffic up and creates a hazard.

Now if it’s all within an HOA and strictly private roads then it may be different. Doesn’t sound like that was the case here though

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Well, Bert will certainly try to explore your manhole. Hold on to something. 

This is what I was afraid of 

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It certainly does but that’s generally the case. Municipalities don’t want golf carts going 12mph on a 25mph or faster street because it totally focks traffic up and creates a hazard.

Now if it’s all within an HOA and strictly private roads then it may be different. Doesn’t sound like that was the case here though

Florida has alot more lenient laws compared to even other golf course communities. On the other extreme from Florida would be Wyoming, which pretty much says no golf carts on the roads ever.

In Florida you can drive a golf cart on any road that the speed limit is under 35 mph.

I apologize, this is actually not my first time discussing golf cart regulations and in this case i add nothing to the discussion. I should not have stepped in :ninja:

Another fun Wyoming fact is that you can title your ATV's and get license plates/insurance. This allows you to drive them on any road that it is capable of going the speed limit. Year's ago I probably posted that I had 2 suzuki King Quad's and those were capable of going on highway. Whether you wanted to be driving at 65 mph on highway with real cars is another question entirely. From my understanding Wyoming is one of the few states that this is legal.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Utilit99 blames Biden

Pimpadeaux blames Trump

Hardcore Troubadour blames Jim Crane and the Astros

MDC blames the golf cart

Worms blames big oil executives

Bert blames environmentalists

Wiffleball blames god 

Another list I didn't make :(

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Florida has alot more lenient laws compared to even other golf course communities. On the other extreme from Florida would be Wyoming, which pretty much says no golf carts on the roads ever.

In Florida you can drive a golf cart on any road that the speed limit is under 35 mph.

I apologize, this is actually not my first time discussing golf cart regulations and in this case i add nothing to the discussion. I should not have stepped in :ninja:

Well that’s what we’re here for—pointless discussion :lol:

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Another list I didn't make :(

Cdub blames the blacks and the Jews

You’re welcome :wub:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

:first: Thank you, but mostly the Jews.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

My bad.  Sorry Cdub.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

This is what I was afraid of 

You know you want it!

I'm even bringing a couple of dago, genie, grease ball, gumbas with me.

Just now, Bert said:

You know you want it!

🙈🙉

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

You know you want it!

Just another warning. Bert's from houston. He sucks the head.

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

You know you want it!

Can I make 3 wishes with the genie?