Sign in to follow this  
edjr

WWE Board looking into hush money Vince McMahon allegedly paid to ex-employee

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2022/6/15/23170176/vince-mcmahon-hush-money-ex-employee-affair-john-laurinaitis-harassment-claims-wwe-board-wsj

A Wall Street Journal report published this afternoon (June 15) claims the WWE board of directors is investigating a $3 million settlement long-time Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon paid to a now ex-employee with whom he’d had an affair. Joe Palazzolo and Ted Mann’s story is based on “documents and people familiar with the board inquiry.”

The primary focus of the board’s investigation is a Jan. 2022 agreement with a woman who was hired in 2019 as a paralegal. It bars her from discussing her relationship with Mr. McMahon or disparaging him. The settlement came to light via anonymous emails sent to the board by someone claiming to be a friend of the woman who received the $3 million payout. The first email, sent in March of this year, claims the 76 year old McMahon hired the 41 year old woman at a salary of $100,000 but increased it to $200,000 after they began a sexual relationship. It also alleges McMahon “gave her like a toy” to head of talent relations John Laurinaitis. The Journal’s sources say the woman worked in WWE’s legal department until 2021 when she was made an assistant to Laurinaitis.

What’s more, the report says the board has unearthed an undetermined number of additional past nondisclosure agreements with former female WWE employees who alleged misconduct by McMahon and Laurinaitis. The eight independent members of the board (excluding Vince, his daughter Stephanie, her husband Paul “Triple H” Levesque, and WWE President Nick Khan) have retained outside counsel to run the investigation. That law firm, New York-based Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett, is still collecting information about the other NDAs. But the Journal’s sources say the probe has determined the payments totaled in the millions of dollars. It also reports the investigation is “assessing WWE’s compliance and human-resources programs and company culture.”

"Gave her like a toy"   Need pictures of this chick ASAP

I still say the bigger story is how much hush money did he pay law enforcement to save Jimmy Snuka back In the day.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

The WWE has a board.  :lol:

You know of any company that does a billion dollars a year in revenue that doesnt have a board of directors?    

Ole Vince has decided to step away from CEO for the time being.

Vince has also decided to appear on his wrestling show tonight. 

Cue the narrator from Arrested Development...."I've made a huge mistake..." 

Don't know if the mistake is the coverup or the TV appearance. Both? Popcorn. 

On 6/15/2022 at 8:46 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Hardly shocking. I have zero doubt behind the scenes at the WWE/F is absolutely insane.

Right, the real question is how many.

Also, good for him, probably money well spent. Who gives a shlt...

I can't even imagine the sh1t I would throw money at if I were a billionaire and around all those scantily clad hores all day.

The bigger shock here is these stories don't come out every couple of months

Just retired. Walked away. Vince must in some serious deep sh!t. Even Deshawn Watson fought back.

17 hours ago, phillybear said:

Just retired. Walked away. Vince must in some serious deep sh!t. Even Deshawn Watson fought back.

Me thinks something big and dirty is about to come out.

I do like Hunter in charge though. I think him and Jarrett can right the ship.

everyone knows the working conditions at WWF/E over the decades was horrifically bad.  the only strange thing is that they are going after him for something NOW at age 76.  they probably could have taken him down at any point since 1980.  it makes me think something else is motivating this, like perhaps a rival on the board has decided to make a power play for more control or something.

I just hope he got to stick it in Liv Morgan before he let her win the title. What a cute little piece of ass she is. 

Wouldnt shock me if HHH is behind it. He was always better as a heel.

2 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

Wouldnt shock me if HHH is behind it. He was always better as a heel.

Now that he can't wrassle he needs to keep busy