Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Cracker Barrel is racist again.

Funny how many black people love that place and don't seem offended in the least.

Cracker Barrel is supposed to be a nice, family-friendly country-themed restaurant where people can go to eat deep-fried foods at a reasonable price. As explained on the  FAQ page of Cracker Barrel's website, the chain was named after the tradition of people gathering around a cracker barrel at the local general store to talk. In fact, Southern Living observes that this tradition is closely tied to the meaning of the term "cracker barrel." Dictionary.com defines it as an adjective "suggesting the simple rustic informality and directness thought to be characteristic of life in and around a country store." As it turns out, this restaurant chain has received negative attention due to its name in the past couple of years.

There has been an ongoing rumor circling the net claiming that "Cracker Barrel" relates to the racist white nationalist term or to a barrel of "whips" used on enslaved people. In one iteration, posters even claim that the stylized "K" in its store sign is supposed to be a whip. This has been debunked, by Sopes, though it is true that in other contexts, the term "cracker" has been used in reference to cracking whips. Even so, the name seems to keep coming back to haunt the restaurant chain.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/how-cracker-barrel-just-got-dragged-into-another-controversy/ar-AAYxGpx?li=BBnb7Kz

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

My god people are focking stupid!

What about saltine crackers? Do I need to be offended by those when I eat my soup?

I despise Cracker Barrel, but not because of the name. Every old person I work with or I'm related to loves to go there.  Ugh. So we go, it's always ridiculously busy and... it's smells like old people. Not surprising, because it's full of medication sucking gas bags. And all the crap on the walls - it isn't quaint. It looks like old garbage, but geezers love looking at old crap while they eat. And for the last time - I'm not playing the stupid triangle puzzle game while I wait for the under-tipped ugly waitress who couldn't get hired anywhere else.  Then it's time to pony up the bill... of course they make you pay in the "gift shop" which is packed so full of crap in the isles you can barely find a place to stand while waiting for the wheezing old farts in front of you to find the exact change in their wallets. 

Hope they all burn to the ground.  :mad:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I despise Cracker Barrel, but not because of the name. Every old person I work with or I'm related to loves to go there.  Ugh. So we go, it's always ridiculously busy and... it's smells like old people. Not surprising, because it's full of medication sucking gas bags. And all the crap on the walls - it isn't quaint. It looks like old garbage, but geezers love looking at old crap while they eat. And for the last time - I'm not playing the stupid triangle puzzle game while I wait for the under-tipped ugly waitress who couldn't get hired anywhere else.  Then it's time to pony up the bill... of course they make you pay in the "gift shop" which is packed so full of crap in the isles you can barely find a place to stand while waiting for the wheezing old farts in front of you to find the exact change in their wallets. 

You've captured the essence of Cracker Barrel quite well.  You should write for a travel magazine! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

You've captured the essence of Cracker Barrel quite well.  You should write for a travel magazine! 

Cracker Barrel will still be around and up and running long after the apocalypse.

Cracker Barrel doesn't serve alcohol, right? 

Last time I went there was on a business trip because it was right next to our hotel and some guys in our group wanted to go.  I was pissed when I realized I couldn't get a beer.  This was in AZ so I don't know if all CB's are like that or not. 

28 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm not playing the stupid triangle puzzle game

Too hard for you eh?

• Haha 1

Wait so Cracker is racist against blacks? Am I reading that right?

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

Cracker Barrel doesn't serve alcohol, right? 

Last time I went there was on a business trip because it was right next to our hotel and some guys in our group wanted to go.  I was pissed when I realized I couldn't get a beer.  This was in AZ so I don't know if all CB's are like that or not. 

They started to server beer, wine and morning cocktails on April 2, 2022...

https://www.southernthing.com/cracker-barrel-alcohol-2651332696.html

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Wait so Cracker is racist against blacks? Am I reading that right?

You read it right...  The blacks even want that from the white folk...

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What if they change it Cracka Barrel?

Kind of like the joke I remember hearing a long time ago...

Something like two blacks bought a "Toys R Us" and renamed it to "We B Toyz N' Sh!t"...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, posty said:

You read it right...  The blacks even want that from the white folk...

Damn we can't have sh1t. Especially a functional society with low crime.

• Thanks 1

Shouldn't us crackers want the name changed? Oh wait, we don't give a fock what you call us.

Cracker Barrel kicks ass so I hope they just tell these fucktards to go eat some sh1t.

16 minutes ago, DonS said:

Thanks for the heads up.  We'll be visiting my folks in July so if they want to go there at least I can look forward to a beer to help battle the depression of being in Cracker Barrel. 

Yeah, we stopped in one about a  year ago. They have booze now!!! :banana:

I heard that Ice-T won’t go there because they serve iced tea and he can’t figure out the triangle golf tea game.

Maybe we should eat in separate but equal restaurants? We can have the Cracker Barrel,  and they can have the Nigga Nook.  

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe we should eat in separate but equal restaurants? We can have the Cracker Barrel,  and they can have the Nigga Nook.  

They can simply rename Red Lobster.  :lol:

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

This you?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/life/2017/08/27/couples-remarkable-quest-eat-every-cracker-barrel-country-just-one-left/548923001/

They should change the name to the kountry korner kitchen

• Haha 1