Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Atlanta suburb pushes to secede from city due to surging crime: 'This is a war zone'

:thumbsup:

Interesting take on this. You vote to defund the police, we say goodbye.

An Atlanta suburb is aiming to secede from the Peach State's capital as violent crime plagues the city's streets. 

Buckhead City Committee CEO Bill White joined "Fox & Friends First" to discuss how crime has dismantled city streets and the impact of the defund the police movement on public safety. 

"We are really feeling like this is a war zone, and I don't say that lightly, especially given what you experienced in a war zone," White told co-host Joey Jones. "This is murder and mayhem… We are dealing with a mayor who voted to defund the police. 

"It's obvious that police officers do not want to come work for a mayor or a city that does not back them, so Buckhead wants to take things into its own hands," he continued. 

According to Fox News tracking, rape is up 80% as of June 18, burglaries are up 26%, and robberies are up 8%. 

The wealthy Atlanta enclave has been fighting to become independent of the state's capital as rampant crime has plagued the neighborhood, but has been unsuccessful so far in getting the measure on an election ballot.

"We're short 180 police officers, so what are we supposed to do?" White said. "They said this has never been done taking a part of a city out and making its own city from that, but we're going to do it, and we're going to absolutely love our police."

"We're going to pay them, we're going to give them a take home car, we're going to welcome them," he continued. "We're going to honor them every day and make up for this dumbest move of the century, this defund the police, and turn that on its heels and put the smack down on the crime here in Buckhead once and for all, and have a happy place to live."

White reiterated his support for Gov. Brian Kemp, as he faces off against Democrat Stacey Abrams for the governorship in November. 

"Thanks to Gov. Kemp, he's come in to help save Buckhead, but he's not the mayor of Atlanta, so that's a temporary fix for what we're endorsing," White said. "But if Stacey Abrams was the governor, this wouldn't be happening, so that's why we're voting for Brian Kemp for governor."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/atlanta-suburb-pushes-secede-city-due-surging-crime-war-zo

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Segregation works. 

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Looks like Utilitard changed to a different alias :lol:

Yup...  Sure did...

3 minutes ago, vomit said:

Looks like Utilitard changed to a different alias :lol:

Changed from gutterlitter? 

• Sad 1

Just now, posty said:

Yup...  Sure did...

It's the same focking thing.  Posts dumb comment in small font, then copy and paste foxnews article in bigger font.  It's every utilt post.

Looks like he got tired of being sh!t on and switched users :lol:

• Haha 3

Did Utoilet get banned? Or did he realize everyone hates him and decide to start over with another handle?

Too bad he can’t do that in real life too. :( 

Just now, MDC said:

Did Utoilet get banned? Or did he realize everyone hates him and decide to start over with another handle?

Too bad he can’t do that in real life too. :( 

This handle, sderk, has been around, just on hiatus since March 2020...

Just now, posty said:

This handle, sderk, has been around, just on hiatus since March 2020...

First it was Seafoam, then sderk, then Utoilet.

POS loser under any name.

• Thanks 2

Just now, MDC said:

First it was Seafoam, then sderk, then Utoilet.

POS loser under any name.

No argument here...

Good luck to Buckhead's attempt to buck Atlanta. Sounds like a quality neighborhood drowning in a sea of stupid.

The left loves to divide, I surmise they will welcome this....

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Good luck to Buckhead's attempt to buck Atlanta. Sounds like a quality neighborhood drowning in a sea of stupid.

Buckhead has been trying to build a wall around itself for at least 30 years that I know of.

And, given what a s******* Atlanta is, I don't blame them.

"Atl is the New Harlem!"

I'm sorry, did anybody miss the old harlem?

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Buckhead has been trying to build a wall around itself for at least 30 years that I know of.

And, given what a s******* Atlanta is, I don't blame them.

"Atl is the New Harlem!"

I'm sorry, did anybody miss the old harlem?

Is that where the Jefferson's lived? 

42 minutes ago, sderk said:

Is that where the Jefferson's lived? 

Nope. 

Buckhead used to be far enough away. Atlanta gets more infiltrated by the day, so Buckhead is doomed.  

How do the black people in Buckhead feel about this? 

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Buckhead used to be far enough away. Atlanta gets more infiltrated by the day, so Buckhead is doomed.  

When, 1920?  It's like 6 miles from downtown

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How do the black people in Buckhead feel about this? 

My daughter and her boyfriend, both black, lived in a very expensive gated Buckhead community. His Hellcat car was stolen twice and her brand new Prius stolen once. Here's the thing, his car had a tracking device on it and there are cameras everywhere. Yet, the police wouldn't get his car even though it remained tracked for 2 weeks. Also, the property would never hand over the footage or let them see what could've possibly happened to their cars. There were shootings and murders and windows being smashed in neighboring areas. This is high end, y'all, I'm talking Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porche SUVs...

They moved to Battery Park, which was really cool because they were there during the World Series and now in home in Roswell where it's safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

When, 1920?  It's like 6 miles from downtown

You're saying it's always been overrun, and the mayor is lying about it being a recent development.  Haven't been recently, but it was nice 20 years ago.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

My daughter and her boyfriend, both black, lived in a very expensive gated Buckhead community. His Hellcat car was stolen twice and her brand new Prius stolen once. Here's the thing, his car had a tracking device on it and there are cameras everywhere. Yet, the police wouldn't get his car even though it remained tracked for 2 weeks. Also, the property would never hand over the footage or let them see what could've possibly happened to their cars. There were shootings and murders and windows being smashed in neighboring areas. This is high end, y'all, I'm talking Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porche SUVs...

They moved to Battery Park, which was really cool because they were there during the World Series and now in home in Roswell where it's safe. 

Sounds like they would be for it breaking away from Atlanta

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

You're saying it's always been overrun, and the mayor is lying about it being a recent development.  Haven't been recently, but it was nice 20 years ago.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Not sure of your definition of "recent" Timmy, but even specific to this specific attempt, this group was formed in August 2020.  Of course in 2020 (and 2021) violent crime was up nationally, not just in the cities.

https://reporternewspapers.net/2020/08/28/mystery-group-proposes-buckhead-cityhood-annexation-mayors-office-criticizes-it/

Crime is way up in Atlanta, like most liberal controlled areas. Can’t blame them.