Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Who Is Setting Off Fireworks Today ?

We had a big gulley washer today. But I don't think it's enough to stop the 7 million fire bands around this f****** place.

One of the things I predicted about 5 years ago I think on this board actually, was that old fashioned fireworks are probably going to go away in favor of the synchronized drones that can change colors and move in unison according to music and whatnot. And guess what? That's exactly what Disney's doing these days. Just a matter of time.

Which sucks, cuz the smell of gunpowder is one of my favorite things memory wise about the 4th of july.

Yeah sure, it was because the cops usually shot one of my black neighbors...

I legitimately feel bad for poor doggo's who just freak out on days like this. I have a few friends and relatives who have dogs like that. And God damn, they are just in agony.

I feel less so about veterans. Because for fucksake kid you know what fireworks were before you entered the army. 

There are now yellow labs who are smarter than you.

9 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

OS fireworks will always be around for the poor.

Tell that to Big Gov

We’ve had rain off and on for the past three days. Grass is pretty green. Fireworks are legal in this county. My neighbors seem to enjoy blowing $hit up.

I’ve got about $50 worth of fireworks 💥 So yeah, I’ll be out there with a lawn chair and a cocktail.

Gonna sit this one out this year and watch the neighbors' works. Our rural neighborhood is competitive, but we got nothing on the trailer park a mile away, where they pool their resources and put on a statement show after everyone else has blown their wads.

None for me this year.  Also this is our first 4th in this house so I don't know how the neighbors are.  My guess is that there will be more than my previous neighborhood, but we'll see.  They aren't terribly big here, it being a desert (with a lot of vegetation which gets dry).  In fact I think they are only legal around the 4th and New Years.

My big disappointment that none of the cities around me (Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler) are doing them.  Funny thing is, it's not about a fire hazard, it's a supply chain issue.  Anyway, wife and I had found a great perch on the end of our mountain chain; a little off the beaten path but great views of all 3 cities.  We were planning to head up there with a blanket and a picnic to watch the shows.  :( 

Not my thing, and it freaks the pets out

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Set some off with your mother last night.

pictured this with the sean connery voice.

• Haha 1

I will. A lot of ppl around her shoot them. Had a good little show last night in my neighborhood 

Supply chain issues and inflation have forced us elsewhere.  Go watch the cities show.  

I guess part of getting older is like John mellencamp said. Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone. I've seen a lot of fireworks. Been there done that. Just not that thrilled anymore.