Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Moving time

I'm moving out of Illinois to Crown Point Indiana. I was priced out of the area I grew up in and spent most of my life. The expensive houses are made worse by the ridiculous taxes. The only thing cheap about Illinois is the alcohol.

What do I need to know about Indiana before I move?

Larry Bird. 

Good golfing there 

This thread reminded me that I owed some tolls from driving through Illinois.  Riddle me this:  how can a state charge tolls on a federal highway (some combination of 90 and 94 in this case)?  :angry: 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm moving out of Illinois to Crown Point Indiana. I was priced out of the area I grew up in and spent most of my life. The expensive houses are made worse by the ridiculous taxes. The only thing cheap about Illinois is the alcohol.

You're moving out of Illinois. You win. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This thread reminded me that I owed some tolls from driving through Illinois.  Riddle me this:  how can a state charge tolls on a federal highway (some combination of 90 and 94 in this case)?  :angry: 

Drive through Delaware on 95. Most expensive stretch of highway in America.

15 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The demographics aren’t exactly what I would want but close enough.  Good luck! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Not much difference between the two, both are flat with lots of farmland.

Southern Indiana isn't like that.

My information is a little out of date, but I heard there are lots of little pink houses. 

I’m assuming that you’re moving to Crown Point so that you’ll still be close enough to Chicago for work. If I’m right about that, it’s understandable.  If not, move further south.  Indianapolis is a great town. We have everything here that a person could want or need.  Your money goes really far here.

In CP you’re still going to deal with traffic that’s kinda stupid.  You’ll still deal with people who are kinda jerky, too.  So many Region folk think they’re in Chicago and try to act like it.

can you pay your taxes in bitcoin?

On 8/7/2022 at 7:44 AM, MLCKAA said:

I’m assuming that you’re moving to Crown Point so that you’ll still be close enough to Chicago for work. If I’m right about that, it’s understandable.  If not, move further south.  Indianapolis is a great town. We have everything here that a person could want or need.  Your money goes really far here.

In CP you’re still going to deal with traffic that’s kinda stupid.  You’ll still deal with people who are kinda jerky, too.  So many Region folk think they’re in Chicago and try to act like it.

Yes I need to stay close enough to work. I'm mostly working in steel mills in NW Indiana. I need to still be close enough to Illinois in case I have to switch companies for whatever reason. I also need to stay close enough to my kids that live with my ex.