Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Cut Down Day - For Whom the Bell Tolls

Today is cutdown day, rosters to initial 53. Any relevant Fantasy players/possibilities? Ronald Jones makes the KC 53. OJ Howard cut by the Bills. Tyler Johnson cut by the Bucs. What does this mean for Chris Godwin, is he on track to play week 1? 

Watching to see what Arizona does in their backfield. Williams is rumored to be the odd man out, which would likely solidify the hype Benjamin has received this camp as the true #2 on the team. Which could be a valuable role given Conner's injury history, and may even lead to some weekly relevance if they try to limit Conner's touches.  

Just now, Brutal Brutus said:

Watching to see what Arizona does in their backfield. Williams is rumored to be the odd man out, which would likely solidify the hype Benjamin has received this camp as the true #2 on the team. Which could be a valuable role given Conner's injury history, and may even lead to some weekly relevance if they try to limit Conner's touches.  

Good info.

Surprised to to see Tyler Johnson cut.  He always seemed open when he got on the field.  I guess he must've had trouble getting to the right spots.

Preston Williams and Lynn Bowden cut by Miami.  Erik Ezukanma is becoming interesting in dynasty formats.

Sony Michel cut as well.  I guess Axe can stop trumpeting the Super Bowl LVSFWER@$# MVP thing now.

I know it's not fantasy relevant, but Saints traded CJ Gardner Johnson to Philly.  Saints defense losing a lot of talent over the last couple of years.

19 minutes ago, nobody said:

Sony Michel cut as well.  I guess Axe can stop trumpeting the Super Bowl LVSFWER@$# MVP thing now.

SPOILER: He won't

33 minutes ago, nobody said:

This has what to do with Damien Williams?

Did the vikings really cut three third round picks from last year?

OJ Howard must really really suck.  Buffalo signed him this offseason only to cut him in favor of a bunch of guys no one will ever hear of.

I'd love to know what the deal is with him.

Don’t know the contact issues, but I wonder if the Gmen let Golladay go.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Read it was somewhere in neighborhood of $25M in dead cap if they do that. 

Can't wait for the explanation of how he's somehow still right on that one

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No he is on the team and still at the top of the depth chart. There was never a point in time they were going to release him… HTH…

1 hour ago, nobody said:

OJ Howard must really really suck.  Buffalo signed him this offseason only to cut him in favor of a bunch of guys no one will ever hear of.

He tore his Achilles two years ago, that can be a career ending injury.

22 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Read it was somewhere in neighborhood of $25M in dead cap if they do that. 

Lol ouch, Gmen didn’t make a smart move.  Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Of course. 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

a good portion of that contract was guaranteed too.   so they must have REALLY wanted him gone

27 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

He tore his Achilles two years ago, that can be a career ending injury.

He sucked well before that Achilles injury.

Anthony MacFarland released.  I guess that makes Jaylen Warren the handcuff to najee.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

yeah, mostly due to multiple injuries.

but the Achilles is what finished him I think.   ditto for Mack.

Leatherwood, first round OT from the raiders let go after only one year as a pro

https://www.nfl.com/news/alex-leatherwood-raiders-waive-2021-first-round-offensive-lineman

JaMychal Hasty got released, so it looks like the 49ers are going with Eli, Jeff Wilson, Sermon, Ty Davis-Price, and Kyle Juszczyk

One of Davis-Price or Sermon will have value this year.  I assume it will be Sermon.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Can't wait for the explanation of how he's somehow still right on that one

Can't wait for the explanation of how I'm not.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:13 PM, AxeElf said:

But Mack is no slouch.  He's not just some placeholder journeyman keeping the position warm until they find a capable younger guy.  Pierce is going to have to take it.

I said Pierce would have to take it, and he did.

Oh boy, right again...

I am a little surprised they didn't hold onto Mack for the Week 1 game against his old Colts, though; seems like that would have been a good time to take advantage of his bonus angst.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mack signs with the Eagles.  Their backfield is unspectacular, and Mack was a 1000 yard rusher when Siriani was his OC in Indy.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

In 2018 he had a 90 receiving grade on pff which is spectacular and in the other years he was not stellar but he was still good. He could have been an above average TE.

His achilles injury is what did him in.

39 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Can't wait for the explanation of how I'm not.

I said Pierce would have to take it, and he did.

Oh boy, right again...

I am a little surprised they didn't hold onto Mack for the Week 1 game against his old Colts, though; seems like that would have been a good time to take advantage of his bonus angst.

lol, is Mack still a good draft value?

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

In 2018 he had a 90 receiving grade on pff which is spectacular and in the other years he was not stellar but he was still good. He could have been an above average TE.

His achilles injury is what did him in.

Sounds good.  I guess he was awesome.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Sounds good.  I guess he was awesome.

Last year only 3 players had a pff receiving grade over 90: Jefferson, Adams, and Cooper. He was playing at an extremely high level for a while and doing it with Winston/Fitzmagic as the QB.

22 minutes ago, nobody said:

lol, is Mack still a good draft value?

you can now get him for the price of a waiver wire pickup.   so possibly?

:dunno:

27 minutes ago, nobody said:

is Mack still a good draft value?

He will probably remain available at the same price he was before (i.e., free), at least until he signs with the Eagles.

23 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Last year only 3 players had a pff receiving grade over 90: Jefferson, Adams, and Cooper. He was playing at an extremely high level for a while and doing it with Winston/Fitzmagic as the QB.

Okay.  You think I'm wrong.  I think you're wrong.  It's okay.  I mean he had 34 receptions in 2019 and you're using that year as an example of his greatness.  At that point I really have to assess what's wrong with my own life if I'm going to continue that discussion.

• Haha 1

I think Mack is done.   hate to say it cuz I love the guy.  I was a fan early in his career, but since the injury the guy has shown me nothing.

Maybe I missed his good days or something but I dont see anything better than fringe starting ability.   hes probably best suited to being a backup.  Hes a JAG now.

Hes just not anywhere close to being the player he was.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

JaMychal Hasty got released, so it looks like the 49ers are going with Eli, Jeff Wilson, Sermon, Ty Davis-Price, and Kyle Juszczyk

One of Davis-Price or Sermon will have value this year.  I assume it will be Sermon.

Davis-Price.