Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Joe Flacco to start, Zach Wilson won't play until Week 4

What a tasty Matchup for the Balt D this weekend.

With their first 4 games being against the whole AFC North, with or without Wilson, they're probably going 2-2.  They're my dark horse to make the playoffs.  I think there's 5 teams that are pretty close to locks in the AFC... Buffalo, Cincy, KC, LA, & AFC South winner.  The other 2 spots are up for grabs for the Jets, NE, Denver, Miami, and Baltimore.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

With their first 4 games being against the whole AFC North, with or without Wilson, they're probably going 2-2.  They're my dark horse to make the playoffs.  I think there's 5 teams that are pretty close to locks in the AFC... Buffalo, Cincy, KC, LA, & AFC South winner.  The other 2 spots are up for grabs for the Jets, NE, Denver, Miami, and Baltimore.

I’d put Cleveland over the Jets, easily, on same level as NE and Mia  Who is good on the Jets?

Saleh was an overrated D coordinator.... If their OC can't get something respectable together Saleh will soon again be coaching only defense.  

Give me of those other teams making the playoffs and I'll wager them....Jets not even worth it tho imho.  

2-2 to start the year??? come on man..... they might beat Cleveland.  Going to get smoked by the Ravens....Bengals and Steelers shouldn't worry.  

2 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

they might beat Cleveland. 

Cleveland is favored by 5.5. I bet that line goes up 

25 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

they might beat Cleveland.

yeah might.

but both teams have huge question marks.   they could be ok, good or terrible.

Flacco is an underrated QB.   he I think can win if the team around him performs.   once again thats a very big IF.

one thing Flacco wont do is win the game by himself.   so this really depends on how the team pulls together in the first weeks of the season.

To win Flacco needs to be surrounded by the 2013 Ravens. 

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't see it.  What have they done in order to make them a dark horse? 

Teams like Denver and Oakland are eons better.  

Jets have like zero redeeming qualities.  

45 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I don't see it.  What have they done in order to make them a dark horse? 

Teams like Denver and Oakland are eons better.  

Jets have like zero redeeming qualities.  

The Jets, defensively are a fairly average group... expecting Mosley to get back to what he was (since he sat out 2020.  I think the addition of rookies Hall and Garrett Wilson are going to make the offense better.  It's really all about how much Zach Wilson plays and improves.  If he takes a step forward, then the Jets could be a 9-win+ team.

They play the AFC North, as I mentioned and I think they can go 2-2 against them... beating Cleveland and Pittsburgh.  I think they go 2-4 in the division, splitting with NE and Miami and being swept by Buffalo.  They play the NFC North, I think they go 2-2 against them (maybe 3-1), so in those 14 games, I see them at 6-8.  Their other 3 games are against Denver, Jacksonville, and Seattle.  If they win all 3 of those (why not... I think they're better than Jax and Seattle), that's 9-8 and 9-8 could make the playoffs especially since Denver is a team they could be competing against.

I don't think that Denver and the Raiders are eons better.  I think the Jets defense is actually better than the Raiders' defense.  I do like the Raiders offence better, but like I said, if Zach Wilson does take a step forward, the two offenses my not be all that far apart.

Likewise, Denver's defense isn't all that much better either.  They, Vegas, and the Jets are all grouped right around the middle in team defense.  Is Denver's offense that much better?  I don't know that.  I don't think Russell Wilson is all that great anymore.  In the last 2 year Wilson hasn't been all that good.  He's been "ok", but if that continues, I don't envision the Broncos being much more than a 9-win team either.

All 3 could be around 9 wins.  Again, it's dependent on Zach Wilson being able to take a step forward.  If he doesn't, they may be right where they've always been.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Jets, defensively are a fairly average group... expecting Mosley to get back to what he was (since he sat out 2020.  I think the addition of rookies Hall and Garrett Wilson are going to make the offense better.  It's really all about how much Zach Wilson plays and improves.  If he takes a step forward, then the Jets could be a 9-win+ team.

They play the AFC North, as I mentioned and I think they can go 2-2 against them... beating Cleveland and Pittsburgh.  I think they go 2-4 in the division, splitting with NE and Miami and being swept by Buffalo.  They play the NFC North, I think they go 2-2 against them (maybe 3-1), so in those 14 games, I see them at 6-8.  Their other 3 games are against Denver, Jacksonville, and Seattle.  If they win all 3 of those (why not... I think they're better than Jax and Seattle), that's 9-8 and 9-8 could make the playoffs especially since Denver is a team they could be competing against.

I don't think that Denver and the Raiders are eons better.  I think the Jets defense is actually better than the Raiders' defense.  I do like the Raiders offence better, but like I said, if Zach Wilson does take a step forward, the two offenses my not be all that far apart.

Likewise, Denver's defense isn't all that much better either.  They, Vegas, and the Jets are all grouped right around the middle in team defense.  Is Denver's offense that much better?  I don't know that.  I don't think Russell Wilson is all that great anymore.  In the last 2 year Wilson hasn't been all that good.  He's been "ok", but if that continues, I don't envision the Broncos being much more than a 9-win team either.

All 3 could be around 9 wins.  Again, it's dependent on Zach Wilson being able to take a step forward.  If he doesn't, they may be right where they've always been.

Raiders added Chandler Jones.  They made the playoffs last year and added the best WR in thr league and Chandler Jones.  People sleep on LV while always slobbering over thr Chargers.  At the very least it is a wash on defense.  Then on offense it is Wilson and some rookies vs Carr Adams Renfrow Waller.  To me it isn't close.  We would have to assume Wilson takes 4 steps up just yo get them to respectable.  

Denver routinely puts a top defensive unit on the field.  I think Russ lost a step but Zach Wilson or Russ? Um as of now Russ by a mile.  Great running game.  Sutton and Jeudy are better than thr Jets WRs as of now.  People expect too much of rookies.  Garrett Wilson certainly has talent.  Maybe he comes in and is a number 1 WR from the jump.  But going by history, that is a big assumption.   

Wilson to me has to take several steps forward to even begin to put them in playoff discussion.   That isn't something I am ready to assume, especially starting out injured.  

Tampa are you smoking crack?

Denver and the Jets have similar defenses?  

Denver was 3rd in pts allowed.  Jets were dead last.  Almost allowing a whopping 200 pts more on the season.  37 more than 2nd to last.  

Wtf?

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think they're better than Jax and Seattle), that's 9-8 and 9-8 could make the playoffs especially since Denver is a team they could be competing against.

I think the 9-8 season only happens if Wilson improves some.

personally I predicted either 8-9 or 7-10 but this is on the high range of the # of wins I figured was reasonable.

the one thing I will say is they will be better than last year.    how much better, I cannot say for sure but better.     sometimes you can be better and not have it show in the win column either.

sometimes it just means you are losing games by 3 or 7 points instead of 20 points.   That might be the case here.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think the 9-8 season only happens if Wilson improves some.

personally I predicted either 8-9 or 7-10 but this is on the high range of the # of wins I figured was reasonable.

the one thing I will say is they will be better than last year.    how much better, I cannot say for sure but better.     sometimes you can be better and not have it show in the win column either.

sometimes it just means you are losing games by 3 or 7 points instead of 20 points.   That might be the case here.

Agreed.  Wilson has to improve.  I think he can... doesn't mean he will.  We'll see if he does.

• Like 1

Guys they won 4 games last year.   Jumping up to even 7 wins would be massive improvement.   

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Likewise, Denver's defense isn't all that much better either.  They, Vegas, and the Jets are all grouped right around the middle in team defense.  

I need this explained

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Guys they won 4 games last year.   Jumping up to even 7 wins would be massive improvement.   

agreed.   I think expecting them to go from 4 wins to 9 is a lot.  it can happen, but a lot needs to go right for that to play out.

it doesnt begin well with Wilson out 4 games, but Flacco is a pretty good backup (as far as backups go)

Still waiting for Tampa to explain who on the Jets is any good. Quinnen Williams is the only guy I can think of on either side of the ball who is above average. Sauce could be that guy, but have to see it first. Jets are 5.5 point underdogs against Cleveland ATM for week 2. They are one of the worst teams in football…

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

They also don't have entirely new coaching staffs... unlike in Denver and Vegas.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They also don't have entirely new coaching staffs... unlike in Denver and Vegas.

Is that a good thing? Lol

Can you please explain to me how Jets who were the worst defense in the league last year is similar to Denver?  Did you misspeak?  What am I missing here?

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Is that a good thing? Lol

Can you please explain to me how Jets who were the worst defense in the league last year is similar to Denver?  Did you misspeak?  What am I missing here?

Unit by unit, they are similar.  The downfall the Jets had last year was the awful offense and new system.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Unit by unit, they are similar.  The downfall the Jets had last year was the awful offense and new system.

Lol.  I guess you can spin it that way.  They were 37 pts worse in pts allowed than the 31st ranked unit and it was all because their offense sucked?  I mean okay if thats what you want to go with.  

Denver routinely puts out a good defense.

Jets were dead last.  

They are not similar by any stretch of the imagination. 

Did a little more digging. The Jets are favorites only 3 times. All home games against the Lions, Bears, and Jacksonville, and all 3 by 2 points or less. Even Seattle is favored at home against them week 17. Its between the Jets, Jags, and Texans for worst in the AFC...

Broncos did beat the Jets last year 26-0.  

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Did a little more digging. The Jets are favorites only 3 times. All home games against the Lions, Bears, and Jacksonville, and all 3 by 2 points or less. Even Seattle is favored at home against them week 17. Its between the Jets, Jags, and Texans for worst in the AFC...

Gmen and what other two would lead thevlist of worst nfc teams ? 

35 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Gmen and what other two would lead thevlist of worst nfc teams ? 

Bears, Falcons, and Seattle are the 3 worst in NFC. HTH, I got ya bud. You’re doing a good job. 👍

25 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Bears, Falcons, and Seattle are the 3 worst in NFC. HTH, I got ya bud. You’re doing a good job. 👍

You forgot the Gmen.  

Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You forgot the Gmen.  

Thanks. 

You asked for the 3 worst and that’s what I gave you. I assumed you could count to 3 at least. My bad..

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

You asked for the 3 worst and that’s what I gave you. I assumed you could count to 3 at least. My bad..

Yeah but you forgot about the Gmen HTH. I said Gmen plus what other two. Thanks   

Welcome. 🧐

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah but you forgot about the Gmen HTH. I said Gmen plus what other two. Thanks   

Welcome. 🧐

If you said Gmen plus what other two, then how did I forget about them? Makes no sense. I believe in you but this is straining all credulity…

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If you said Gmen plus what other two, then how did I forget about them? Makes no sense. I believe in you but this is straining all credulity…

No it doesn’t , so how did you forget about the Gmen?

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No it doesn’t , so how did you forget about the Gmen?

Then we agree you make no sense. Your poor attempt at trolling me, notwithstanding…

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Then we agree you make no sense. Your poor attempt at trolling me, notwithstanding…

Exactly, still we don’t have an answer to why you forgot about the Gmen.  

Eye problems? 

On 9/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, weepaws said:

Exactly, still we don’t have an answer to why you forgot about the Gmen.  

Eye problems? 

Nope my eyes are working great. I saw that the Gmen just won a tough game on the road against a good team . Daniel Jones (not Tyrod Taylor) led a comeback victory. Don’t fret little buddy. I preemptively accept your mea culpa…

mmmm…

Thanks

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nope my eyes are working great. I saw that the Gmen just won a tough game on the road against a good team . Daniel Jones (not Tyrod Taylor) led a comeback victory. Don’t fret little buddy. I preemptively accept your mea culpa…

mmmm…

Thanks

That was a good win, not so sure how good of a team Titans have this season, but Barkely looked good, week one to early for Taylor. 

But Taylor will get his starts   

Thanks. 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:08 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

After 9 games, the Jets are 6-3 and a win this week vs the Patriots will make them 7-3 and in first place in their division.

Jets are a top 10 defense, Denver top 3, and Raiders are bottom 5.

Jets were 2-2 vs the AFC North (check)

They're 2-1 in their division.  The worst they can do is 2-4

Currently 1-0 vs NFC North (with Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota left).  I think 2-2 is very attainable as well as 3-1.

They already beat Denver.  With Jacksonville at home and Seattle on the road yet to play.

I'm thinking 9-8 and the playoffs are definitely attainable.  Looks like Denver and the Raiders have no shot at the playoffs.