Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

8 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

God I hope not....I'm in NA.......go Knights 🤟😎

Hey Nomad!    That's me too - NA guy.    Although I am transitioning to being more a Vermont guy and my days in NA are probably numbered.   Will probably be fully out in the next year or two.    But I am back in NA most weekends these days.   In VT for work during the week.

Both of my sons were Knights 🍻

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The democrats aren't any better.  If they were then they would've picked them up and taken care of them right away.  This is why I said we have petty teenagers running our country, they're all morons.

No.  It’s not equal. The liberals are worse on this. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No.  It’s not equal. The liberals are worse on this. 

I didn't say it was equal.  You don't have to make up an argument every time just so you can feel right.  Stop being insecure.

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This is, unfortunately, the liberal mindset.  "Here, take my tax money and do whatever you want, just keep them the hell out of my neighborhood."  True with illegals, poor, etc.

On the police thing, my kids have been out of HS a few years so I didn't pay attention too closely, but something like the following happened:  a year or two ago some white guilt suburban SJW women in our school district thought it would be a fun virtue signal to elect a kid to the school board who had graduated the year before.  The kid was apparently known to oppose funding for School Resource Officers (SROs are city police stationed permanently at each school).  Most people didn't pay attention because, well, they would never really do that, right?  

Lo and behold, the kid was the deciding vote to defund the SROs.

Within a nanosecond, parents at the two richest schools found money to fund the officers (I don't know the mechanics).  Then they got some sort of runoff and kicked all 3 people off the board who voted to defund the SROs.

In the Leftist world, defunding the police is cool.  Just not in their neck of the woods.  :cheers: 

in this story, are the rich school parents supposed to be lefties?

35 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Hey Nomad!    That's me too - NA guy.    Although I am transitioning to being more a Vermont guy and my days in NA are probably numbered.   Will probably be fully out in the next year or two.    But I am back in NA most weekends these days.   In VT for work during the week.

Both of my sons were Knights 🍻

Nice!......I smell a local geek meet😱

I think it's fantastic. Completely exposes that these sanctuary cities were just virtue signaling. The only valid complaint is that these cities are not being notified that buses/planes full of immigrants were sent.

Then again, Lightfoot complained that they weren't notified and proceeded to send the immigrants to the suburbs of Chicago...without notifying the Mayor of the suburb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I think it's fantastic. Completely exposes that these sanctuary cities were just virtue signaling. The only valid complaint is that these cities are not being notified that buses/planes full of immigrants were sent.

Then again, Lightfoot complained that they weren't notified and proceeded to send the immigrants to the suburbs of Chicago...without notifying the Mayor of the suburb.

Well, to be fair, were the local towns around the border in Texas and such notified that they would need to handle 2.5 million illegals this year? The whole of sanctuary cities wanted the flood gates open. That's notification enough in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Well, to be fair, were the local towns around the border in Texas and such notified that they would need to handle 2.5 million illegals this year? The whole of sanctuary cities wanted the flood gates open. That's notification enough. 

I think it's reasonable to notify cities that immigrants are coming so that they can prepare. I don't see the downside.

6 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I think it's reasonable to notify cities that immigrants are coming so that they can prepare. I don't see the downside.

Then notify Texas cities of how many illegals are going to be let loose  on them. Is that not reasonable? Why are a few cities in the south responsible for millions of illegals, but all of sudden the people who voted for it need to get some respect? They should be expecting it.

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Then notify Texas cities of how many illegals are going to be let loose  on them. Is that not reasonable? Why are a few cities in the south responsible for millions of illegals, but all of sudden the people who voted for it need to get some respect? They should be expecting it.

What's the downside of notifying Martha's Vineyard that they are sending immigrants?

I hope those illegals packed their fentanyl and brought  it to MV. 

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

What's the downside of notifying Martha's Vineyard that they are sending immigrants?

Let's start at the source. Then we can move on to Martha's Vineyard.

How did the federal government, who is allowing all this to happen, tell Texas towns to deal with the 2.5 million or so coming in through the border?  How many city mayors in Texas were told how many illegals were going to show up in their towns. How many border citizens were told how many illegals were going to show up on their properties? How many local businesses were notified how many illegals were going to show up in their parking lots and restaurants? 

Let's start with that communication first since that is the source of all this. 

5 minutes ago, craftsman said:

How did the federal government, who is allowing all this to happen, tell Texas towns to deal with the 2.5 million or so coming in through the border?  How many city mayors in Texas were told how many illegals were going to show up in their towns. How many border citizens were told how many illegals were going to show up on their properties? How many local businesses were notified how many illegals were going to show up in their parking lots and restaurants? 

They flew many of them to the interior of the country. So what’s the difference? I know. When liberals do it it’s fine. When conservatives do the same thing it’s inhumane. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They flew many of them to the interior of the country. So what’s the difference? I know. When liberals do it it’s fine. When conservatives do the same thing it’s inhumane. 

But the liberals wanted it to be quiet. Showing off that they obviously think conservatives are stupid and didn't know what's going on. Or possibly that they have a lot of trust in their liberal media to cover it all up. Probably the latter. 

And then there is this pimpledooshesque liberal:

Gavin Newsom asks DOJ to consider 'kidnapping' charges after GOP governors ship migrants out of state 

Gov. Gavin Newsom asked the DOJ to investigate possible illegal acts by Gov. Ron DeSantis and Gov. Greg Abbott

In a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland, Newsom asked whether actions by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sending illegal immigrants from their respective states to destinations such as New York City, Washington, D.C. Chicago, and Martha's Vineyard were illegal.

21 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

They might ask the Feds to stop it?

24 minutes ago, craftsman said:

You didn't even attempt to answer my question

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

They might ask the Feds to stop it?

The Feds can stop it? If so, then ok I get it, but I am not aware of that.

5 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

You didn't even attempt to answer my question

I did answer it. They voted for illegals flooding the border, and they consider themselves sanctuary cities. That is notification enough. 

Do you really think that those who run the sanctuary cities don't know what is happening at the border? Do you really think they expect Texas and Arizona to take on 4 million illegals in under 2 years and accommodate them? Arizona and Texas didn't get the courtesy of being able to prepare for it all. 

Fock sanctuary cities. I hope they keep sending 10's of thousands of illegals to Martha's Vineyard. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

I did answer it. They voted for illegals flooding the border, and they consider themselves sanctuary cities. That is notification enough. 

Do you really think that those who run the sanctuary cities don't know what is happening at the border? Do you really think they expect Texas and Arizona to take on 4 million illegals in under 2 years and accommodate them? Arizona and Texas didn't get the courtesy of being able to prepare for it all. 

Fock sanctuary cities. I hope they keep sending 10's of thousands of illegals to Martha's Vineyard. 

This is an acceptable answer to the question posted. 

9 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

The Feds can stop it? If so, then ok I get it, but I am not aware of that.

I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out the legality.

The Feds control the FAA, so they could theoretically deny flight clearances. :dunno: 

8 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Would it not be better for Martha's Vineyard to have advanced notice that immigrants will be arriving in their city? I get that you want to own the libs, but from a pure logistics standpoint, it benefits both the city and the immigrants if they can prepare.

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out the legality.

The Feds control the FAA, so they could theoretically deny flight clearances. :dunno: 

The FAA is going to deny flight clearance because they don't want immigrants to be moved to other cities? Seems like overreach. 

10 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Would it not be better for Martha's Vineyard to have advanced notice that immigrants will be arriving in their city? I get that you want to own the libs, but from a pure logistics standpoint, it benefits both the city and the immigrants if they can prepare.

They already have advance notice when they voted for open borders. They would be idiots to think that illegals aren't coming their way and should already be prepared for it. They want Texas to help them out when they never offered up any help to Texas? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, craftsman said:

They already have advance notice when the voted for open borders. They would be idiots to think that illegals aren't coming their way and should already be prepared for it. They want Texas to help them out when they never offered up any help to Texas? 

You keep dodging the question. What's the downside of notifying Martha's Vineyard that immigrants are being sent their way, unless it's not about spreading the immigrants across the country and it's actually about sticking it to liberal cities?

4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

You keep dodging the question. What's the downside of notifying Martha's Vineyard that immigrants are being sent their way, unless it's not about spreading the immigrants across the country and it's actually about sticking it to liberal cities?

They have been notified. They even voted for it. 

Just now, craftsman said:

They have been notified. They even voted for it. 

They were not notified

https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/news/2022/09/14/gov-ron-desantis-sends-undocumented-immigrants-to-marthas-vineyard-unannounced/10383220002/

Lisa Belcastro, the director of the homeless shelter on Martha's Vineyard, said the migrants arrived without warning.

"It was a complete surprise," she said. "Community Services got the notice first and they called me. Everyone was in shock. … We had to create an emergency shelter."

Why not give them a heads up?

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

They were notified by Biden when he opened the borders to millions of illegals. Same notification Texas got. That's why Texas put up their own barriers in key areas. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

They were notified by Biden when he opened the borders to millions of illegals. Same notification Texas got. That's why Texas put up their own barriers in key areas. 

Biden notified Martha's Vineyard that they would be receiving immigrants? If so, then I stand corrected. 

Did Westchester county get a warning when the illegals were being flown in in the dead of night? 

5 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Biden notified Martha's Vineyard that they would be receiving immigrants? If so, then I stand corrected. 

Yeah. Biden notified the whole country. Where have you been?

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did Westchester county get a warning when the illegals were being flown in in the dead of night? 

That doesn't count because it was on the hush hush.

Just now, craftsman said:

Yeah. Biden notified the whole country. Where have you been?

How many immigrants did Biden specifically say would go to Martha's Vineyard, so they can prepare?

This is how illegal immigration works.  You don't get notification.  Deal with the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to understand how to deal with the unpredictability and troubles of the Biden policies regarding the illegal immigration problem.

3 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

How many immigrants did Biden specifically say would go to Martha's Vineyard, so they can prepare?

He left the whole country out on how many. But I imagine they have internet on Martha's Vineyard. Gotta keep up with what's going in the country. It's all going to hell under Biden. Therefore, expect hell. 

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

This is how illegal immigration works.  You don't get notification.  Deal with the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But why not deal with it in a way that helps both the cities and the immigrants? Unless you're  goal isn't to actually help solve the problem, but instead is intended to score political points.

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

But why not deal with it in a way that helps both the cities and the immigrants? Unless you're  goal isn't to actually help solve the problem, but instead is intended to score political points.

Tell that to Biden. It's his doing. He's responsible.

Actually, you are. You voted for him.

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

When they have to deal with it without being notified they'll realize the chaos that is caused by having an open border.  They need to understand this so that they shut down the border.