Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Politico and "Biden's Wallet"

12 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

DeSantis is taking care of the people in his state by asking for federal funds.

Biden took care of the people by agreeing to the emergency declarations and giving the funds without needing to go on Twitter and say how he was doing it, or make veiled threats about "Maybe they should be thanking me more" or any other such nonsense.

Both guys have repeatedly shot down questions that tried to make this a political issue.

A rare moment in politics anymore where the focus is on the people who need the help as opposed to the politics or personalities of the politicians involved. The system can still work.

Can you imagine if it was Alaska, Washington, or maybe Oregon that needed money, and Mrs Doubtfire was still prsident? How do you think "the system" would work then? The immature jeerk would make a spectacle of himself-if he awarded the money at all.

Just now, huskyhater75 said:

Can you imagine if it was Alaska, Washington, or maybe Oregon that needed money, and Mrs Doubtfire was still prsident? How do you think "the system" would work then? The immature jeerk would make a spectacle of himself-if he awarded the money at all.

There he is...:banana:

3 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

He would give the money but it would be after a bunch of Tweets saying how people should respect him and then be followed by a bunch of Tweets saying how "I didn't have to help but I did." THen he'd probably try to shoot more paper towels at people like it's a T-shirt cannon at a sporting event. 

Trump gave plenty of aid to California. Mooney blaming StawTrump again. 

40 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You just had to make it something the article wasn't because you wanted Trump's attention or something :dunno:

I feel bad for you but in the interest of discussion:  as an objective centrist, what exactly do you think was the purpose of the article?  And of the followup sharings on social media?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I feel bad for you but in the interest of discussion:  as an objective centrist, what exactly do you think was the purpose of the article?  And of the followup sharings on social media?

I think Politico was trying to write a piece that talked about DeSantis wanting money to help Floridians and mentioning how it meant working with Biden AND taking money after he voted against this kind of funding in the past.

When you actually read the article they include the DeSantis camp's strong rebuke of the questioning. It mentioned him commenting against his own party telling him to return the money and it is basically a factual telling of the money trail of things. 

The follow up sharings are to get people to click on the website and read the article which is most likely an ad revenue driver. 

I mean- I get why you guys want to make everything some great conspiracy, because you all seem to think these people are the poor little guys put upon by the media but it doesn't make it so just because you say it

26 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I think Politico was trying to write a piece that talked about DeSantis wanting money to help Floridians and mentioning how it meant working with Biden AND taking money after he voted against this kind of funding in the past.

When you actually read the article they include the DeSantis camp's strong rebuke of the questioning. It mentioned him commenting against his own party telling him to return the money and it is basically a factual telling of the money trail of things. 

The follow up sharings are to get people to click on the website and read the article which is most likely an ad revenue driver. 

I mean- I get why you guys want to make everything some great conspiracy, because you all seem to think these people are the poor little guys put upon by the media but it doesn't make it so just because you say it

Thanks for pointing this out; I just reread it and it was a way bigger hack piece than I had originally gotten from my first glance.  I challenge you to read this, as the objective centrist that you are, and tell me that is not a total partisan opinion against DeSantis.

Heck, @TimHauckeven said duh, of course it is a hack piece.  :( 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks for pointing this out; I just reread it and it was a way bigger hack piece than I had originally gotten from my first glance.  I challenge you to read this, as the objective centrist that you are, and tell me that is not a total partisan opinion against DeSantis.

Heck, @TimHauckeven said duh, of course it is a hack piece.  :( 

Here is a question- why are you so personally invested in this? Totally partisan against DeSantis- no. Do I think they wrote some things that don't look great for DeSantis in it? Sure. They do that for all politicians. 

But again- you don't see the latter because it doesn't fit your narrative you like to spew. 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Here is a question- why are you so personally invested in this? Totally partisan against DeSantis- no. Do I think they wrote some things that don't look great for DeSantis in it? Sure. They do that for all politicians. 

But again- you don't see the latter because it doesn't fit your narrative you like to spew. 

Here's a hard leftist Nazi trying hard to portray himself as a "centrist". 

:lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Somebody here is definitely personally invested, do you work for Politico? :doh:

That's about the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Personally, I don't care at all about what they have to say about Desantis, everybody knows Politico is a hack news source. Well, other than you, apparently.

Representing federal relief funds and being a part of Biden's wallet is absolutely absurd. It's America's wallet, correct? Centrists and conservatives understand that, liberals, apparently not.

Once again, take some time off, you are taking a beating here.

I had a laugh at this quote:

When asked for comment, DeSantis’ administration said they are now focusing on the massive hurricane response.

“Give it a rest with amplifying all the critics,” said a spokesperson. “As the governor said earlier, we have no time for politics or pettiness.”

Like sending illegals from Texas to Martha’s Vinyard? :doh: 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

Somebody here is definitely personally invested, do you work for Politico? :doh:

That's about the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Personally, I don't care at all about what they have to say about Desantis, everybody knows Politico is a hack news source. Well, other than you, apparently.

Representing federal relief funds and being a part of Biden's wallet is absolutely absurd. It's America's wallet, correct? Centrists and conservatives understand that, liberals, apparently not.

Once again, take some time off, you are taking a beating here.

They weren't saying it was literally Biden's wallet. Only a true dummy would think they were. 

And a true dummy would also not know what a "headline" was.

So you are 2 for 2 here. 

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

How is that relevant to my exchange with Mooney?

Sorry Jerry, didn’t realize you were discussing a different topic 

50 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

They weren't saying it was literally Biden's wallet. Only a true dummy would think they were. 

And a true dummy would also not know what a "headline" was.

So you are 2 for 2 here. 

He’s probably just following the orders of his masters who are telling him to be outraged about this

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He’s probably just following the orders of his masters who are telling him to be outraged about this

That does help explain it.

I mean it is about as stupid as possible to think they were making the argument that it is literally Biden's money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That does help explain it.

I mean it is about as stupid as possible to think they were making the argument that it is literally Biden's money. 

Biden spends it like it is his money. Ukraine, green bullshlt energy, and all the payoffs in between. 

Not acknowledging how absurd the statement is seems to be a strange hill to die on but, that's how far gone folks on the left are. Obvious to normal folks but, the biggest partisans see this sort of thing as normal. 

Whatever, you do you. :dunno:

Mooney and Hack think politico is real news?  It’s almost satire.  Holy shite. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No, of course they’re biased.

But using a metaphor isn’t “third world dictator stuff,” lol

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

No, of course they’re biased.

But using a metaphor isn’t “third world dictator stuff,” lol

Wasn't a metaphor but keep trying. 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Link to where I said that.

Oh, I forgot- you don't do links. 

Just quote where I said it is "real news"

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Wasn't a metaphor but keep trying. 

It wasn’t a metaphor? So Biden has a literal wallet with billions of dollars in it? How big is this real wallet?

Stupid tweet from Politico and an even dumber response from Shapiro. It was a crappy metaphor, so let’s leave it at that.

Just now, dogcows said:

It wasn’t a metaphor? So Biden has a literal wallet with billions of dollars in it? How big is this real wallet?

Stupid tweet from Politico and an even dumber response from Shapiro. It was a crappy metaphor, so let’s leave it at that.

:lol:. Triggered this whole thread because of the lies and extremely poor writing of the lib media. It wasn't a metaphor, correct or crappy. May have been an attempt at one. :dunno:

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:. Triggered this whole thread because of the lies and extremely poor writing of the lib media. It wasn't a metaphor, correct or crappy. May have been an attempt at one. :dunno:

This thread is good evidence of some people being triggered, that’s for sure 

Foreign aid has always been bipartisan as politicians view it as a means of diplomacy. 

The US was doing 54 billion dollars a year in foreign aid in 2019 and 2020 and it is basically less than 1% of the country's GDP. 

And there is something like 1.5 trillion dollars every year in the US discretionary budget which goes to US citizens and does not count the over 4 trillion the US already spends every year on programs that include: Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. 

Basically- this idea of "giving money to foreign countries and not us" is a false narrative designed to rile people up. 

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Exactly this- the entire premise of this thread is because someone- we know who- got triggered because of a "headline" to an article- and it led to them arguing that Politico literally is saying it is Biden's money and the "headline" does not say what the person says.

This is why the country can't have nice things. 

58 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Foreign aid has always been bipartisan as politicians view it as a means of diplomacy. 

The US was doing 54 billion dollars a year in foreign aid in 2019 and 2020 and it is basically less than 1% of the country's GDP. 

And there is something like 1.5 trillion dollars every year in the US discretionary budget which goes to US citizens and does not count the over 4 trillion the US already spends every year on programs that include: Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. 

Basically- this idea of "giving money to foreign countries and not us" is a false narrative designed to rile people up. 

Fun with percentages. Sucker 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

We'll go ahead and add this one to the collection... 🤣🤣 🤦🏻‍♂️

That is funny. "Climate change" has all of sudden created hurricanes. Never has Florida seen a hurricane before. :shocking:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fun with percentages. Sucker 

What specifically do you disagree with?

Please find evidence that supports your assertions as well. 

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I admit that poor writing and poor journalism are sore spots for me.  I don't even mind the bias so much, just don't suck at your job. 

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Liberals are always triggered about something. What can you do? :dunno:

22 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

What specifically do you disagree with?

Please find evidence that supports your assertions as well. 

Foreign aid has been 1.5 pct for a long time.  How come the amount we give out keeps going up? 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Foreign aid has been 1.5 pct for a long time.  How come the amount we give out keeps going up? 

Where do you see 1.5%?

When was the last time it rose?

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Where do you see 1.5%?

When was the last time it rose?

Ok. 1 pct. I’ll say the pct hasn’t rose. How come the amount we give out keeps going up? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. 1 pct. I’ll say the pct hasn’t rose. How come the amount we give out keeps going up? 

The same reason anything fluctuates..

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

The same reason anything fluctuates..

Let me know when there’s some fluctuation. It only goes up, yet people will repeat that it’s only 1 pct. 1 pct of an ever growing pie. When you realize that foreign aid is basically money laundering then perhaps you’ll understand. They keep it at 1 pct to fool you.  

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let me know when there’s some fluctuation. It only goes up, yet people will repeat that it’s only 1 pct. 1 pct of an ever growing pie. When you realize that foreign aid is basically money laundering then perhaps you’ll understand. They keep it at 1 pct to fool you.  

Do you really not understand how percentages work here?

Do you really not know how foreign aid works?