Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

If CMC gets dealt

well, Buffalo I think has cap space, and it sounds like they have not been thrilled with their RB's.   this might be something they would do.  no guarantees.

35 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, Buffalo I think has cap space, and it sounds like they have not been thrilled with their RB's.   this might be something they would do.  no guarantees.

Buffalo is on bye this week...get this trade done after this weekend and CMC managers don't need to worry about a bye week.

• Like 1

Buffalo is ridiculous.  All they have to do is feed Devin Singletary the ball. 

CMACs value (future production) in FF is lower if he's traded.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

ok this does not feel like a team friendly contract.  strange how the articles seemed to say he was on a cheap, team friendly deal.  12 mil doesnt feel team friendly to me.  That said, at that salary I'm sure the rams are out.    unless they can dump a large contract in the process.

here is an article that highlights the misunderstanding:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/christian-mccaffrey-trade-rumors-panthers-would-want-multiple-first-round-picks-in-possible-trade-per-report/

from cbs:    McCaffrey renegotiated his deal to make $1.035 million in base salary in 2022, making it easier for a team to fit him under their salary cap this season, 

yes his base salary is low but the total salary is high.   it looks like a one year saving due to the restructure.

the article I read suggested he makes 1M and the cap hit was low (cant find that article now) 

but this is a big contract.  not something the rams can realistically absorb without giving up a player on another big contract.

I think the Bills are likely the only suitor  but I could be wrong.

Is $12m really that much these days?

What is Akers’ contract like?

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

well, 12 M might be the largest contract in the league for a RB.  if its not the largest, its in the top 3

13 hours ago, TimHauck said:

By all metrics, McCaffrey is a top 2 money earner at the RB position.  He's #2 in total value of contract, #1 in AAV, #1 for signing bonus, #2 in guaranteed money at signing, & #2 in overall guaranteed money.  Next year, McCaffrey is #1 or #2 at his position in cap hit, total cash, and base salary.  Cam Akers is still on his rookie contract.  His total contract dollar number (over 4 years), is half of what McCaffrey will make next year alone.  For more perspective, Austin Ekeler and James Connor will be the 10th highest paid RB's next year, making a little less than half of what McCaffrey will make.  Next year, Josh Jacobs, Kareem Hunt, and Jamaal Williams will be free agents.  My guess is that their AAV's in their contracts next year, will be between $5 to 8M.

So now that we know SF is the landing spot, are you guys thinking he has more/less/same value as before this deal? Specifically ppr. Still contemplating dealing him for Jefferson. 

1 hour ago, himmystyles said:

So now that we know SF is the landing spot, are you guys thinking he has more/less/same value as before this deal? Specifically ppr. Still contemplating dealing him for Jefferson. 

I actually think he'll have more.  In Carolina, the team and offense is so bad, that McCaffrey's production has and would've been a bit inconsistent.  His first 3 weeks are "ok", certainly respectable numbers, but he wasn't putting up league-winner numbers, like he was the last 3 weeks.  In San Fran, when healthy, he should put up league-winner type numbers every week.

• Thanks 1

One would think that CMC would be even more motivated now, playing for a team that has an actual chance at a playoff run--but it remains to be seen if extra effort is good or bad for his long-term health.

Just now, AxeElf said:

One would think that CMC would be even more motivated now, playing for a team that has an actual chance at a playoff run--but it remains to be seen if extra effort is good or bad for his long-term health.

I agree, and think SF could be good for his health as he won't see as many touches in that offense. I mean he was getting near 400 touches every year, you would think SF would be able to spread it around more than CAR.

1 minute ago, rallo said:

I agree, and think SF could be good for his health

That would be a lot more rational if every RB that SF has trotted out for the past 5 years has been injured within a few games.  It's almost like there's something inherent in Shanahan's system that puts his RBs' knees in jeopardy or something.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That would be a lot more rational if every RB that SF has trotted out for the past 5 years has been injured within a few games.  It's almost like there's something inherent in Shanahan's system that puts his RBs' knees in jeopardy or something.

I doubt that, now if you think the field/facilities or training regimen in SF has something to do with the injuries,.then you may have something. 

here are my thoughts on this move:

As a football/ NIner/ fantasy fan I am excited about the move. I would love to see what a RB of Mcafrey's talent level can do on a run first Niner O that has historically been very generous for RBs. Strategically it makes sense as well on many levels. NFCW is much weaker this season and NFC as a whole is not great so if Niners believe that MC is the necessary piece to allow them to coast to the playoffs and beyond.. why not. 

Here is what I dont like:

Niners in 22 are not the niners of Yesteryears... the D is a shell of themselves, O line is very inj and I still dont believe JImmyG is the guy put them on his back when they need it. (maybe having Cmac will reduce Jimmy dependency even more) Also they are paying him 12+mil a year (top of market money) for a inj prone smallish rb going in to a system that kills RBs(inj)  for whatever reason. Niners also basically have no significant draft capital over the next two years and their inj woes are related to the age and mileage of their players. 

Fantasy wise i think it will be a downgrade as well, just from a usage perspective.. but lets see.

I think part of SF's problems is that they don't even play in SF. They should be called the Santa Clara 49ers.

9 minutes ago, LaChup said:

I think part of SF's problems is that they don't even play in SF. They should be called the Santa Clara 49ers.

Sounds more like a sewing circle than an NFL team.

12 minutes ago, LaChup said:

It's working out pretty well for the New York Giants and New York Jets so far this season.

Great move for Mccaffery and the Niners.  

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I actually think he'll have more.  In Carolina, the team and offense is so bad, that McCaffrey's production has and would've been a bit inconsistent.  His first 3 weeks are "ok", certainly respectable numbers, but he wasn't putting up league-winner numbers, like he was the last 3 weeks.  In San Fran, when healthy, he should put up league-winner type numbers every week.

2 hours ago, rallo said:

I agree, and think SF could be good for his health as he won't see as many touches in that offense. I mean he was getting near 400 touches every year, you would think SF would be able to spread it around more than CAR.

On 10/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, TimHauck said:

I don’t see how his FF value could get any higher if he gets traded.

The concern with him isn’t the team he’s on, it’s his health.

But his value could probably take a hit if he goes somewhere that actually has another good RB.

What I said…

He may be as good as he was, but I don’t see him being any better, and could be worse, FF wise

As a 9er fan I really hope it works out, but the move smacks of desperation. Elijah Mitchell, thank you for your contributions.

7 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

he will have more value for sure.

he was playing on what is probably the worst offense in the NFL.   comparable to the Bears in their futility.

and CMC produced a high percentage of their offense.

if he goes to a better team it can only get better.    yards may be down a bit, but TD should be way up.  it wont even be close.

only concern I have is that lots of players in San Fran seem to get hurt the last few years..... far more than their fair share.  I am not sure if it is an issue with the trainers or medical staff or if it is an issue with a poor practice field or something of the like but I'd be on high injury alert for CMC now that he is here.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

What I said…

He may be as good as he was, but I don’t see him being any better, and could be worse, FF wise

I agree, and to be fair, my comment was more about his overall health/ usage than his FF performance this year. That said, I would think that his efficiency would increase in the offense vs the CAR dumpster fire.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

And don't forget their Franchise QB Trey Lance he ran up the middle ending his season.