Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Official NFC Championship Thread: 49ers @ Eagles

39 minutes ago, jrokh said:

One of the best playoff catches I’ve ever seen by DeVonta Smith!

yeah that was a beauty.  clutch catch too

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Josh Johnson looks about a second late on every decision.  

doesnt help that the line looks to be in his face on a lot of the plays

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

What a run by CMAC.  Imagine if they had a QB.

yep. that play was all CMC.   he ran into a wall and then broke tackle and broke contain and scored.  beautiful play.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

They should work out a deal to throw Christian to the Lions.

Why Detroit? (joking)

14 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yep. that play was all CMC.   he ran into a wall and then broke tackle and broke contain and scored.  beautiful play.

followed by a very good drive by Philly with some very nice runs of their own.

I've always felt given the quality of the line they should probably run more than they do.

wow, bad fumble for San fran.  now the iggles can take a 2 score lead if they play this right

ouch bad facemask.  no discipline for San Fran here.

2 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Yeah, Josh Johnson isn't coming back from 14 down.

well, this isnt impossible, but they need to score a TD in the third Quarter (ideally first drive) to increase the odds.   

and the D needs to hold

30 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

wildcat?

If Purdy can't throw, I see no point in putting him out there.  They'd be much better off running the wildcat with McCaffrey - at least they'd have an extra blocker.  

well, its all over but the crying now.

better luck next year San Fran.  another season ruined by injuries.

seems like a theme in San Fran.   The seem to have far more than their fair share of injuries every year.

Eagles by double digit, there goes my future, but saw it coming.  Even with Purdy this game wasn’t going to be pretty.  

On 1/24/2023 at 3:23 PM, weepaws said:

The injury to Mahomes killed the M/L , that was going to be a an easy win.  

There are no "easy wins" 🤡

On 1/24/2023 at 3:28 PM, Ray_T said:

it is.   part of what makes Mahomes so dangerous is the fact he can run the ball, or stretch out plays until someone can get open.

his inability to run will make him like most QB's.   obviously he has other skills but the gap is not as large when his ability to run is hindered.

No offense dude but you need to lay off your "hot" Mahomes takes....you are getting embarrassed with repeatedly trying to evaluate and predict against his greatness.... 

23 hours ago, jrokh said:

One of the best playoff catches I’ve ever seen by DeVonta Smith!

I said the same thing....right before the replay showed it should've been a no catch.  

2 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

No offense dude but you need to lay off your "hot" Mahomes takes....you are getting embarrassed with repeatedly trying to evaluate and predict against his greatness.... 

no offense, but the thing about Mahomes that makes him great is his ability to run with the ball and strech out plays that appear to be dead until a player can get open and he can toss them the ball.

in this case from the look of it, his inability to run was overstated.   someone else mentioned they were questioning whether he truly had a high ankle sprain and I'm questioning it too.

that last run for the first down showed a mobility that shouldnt exist with a fresh high ankle sprain.

if he wasnt able to run (as was supposed to be the case with this injury) he shouldnt have been able to make that play.

I dont have a hate on for the guy.  but that prediction you railed against wasnt untrue.  the gap between him and other QB should be smaller because of the fact he shouldnt be able to run.

and given how close the game was. I dont think that was out of line.

5 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

There are no "easy wins" 🤡

There was no bet.  

SF needs to protect their QB better and their QB needs to sense pressure and/or see it and move, throw the ball away or get down.  

According to NFL insider Tom Pelissero, Purdy is expected to undergo surgery to repair a "complete tear of the UCL in his throwing elbow."

According to several NFL insiders, including Pelissero, Purdy appears to be seeking a second medical opinion. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that San Francisco is recommending surgery, however, no official decision has been made. 

source: Athlon Sports

On 1/30/2023 at 8:41 PM, weepaws said:

There was no bet.  

Doesn't change the fact that you called the Bengals ML an "easy win".  

Mahomes will "never win another Super Bowl" and now "Eagles will win by double digits".  

Yes, we know, you have been very clear in stating "you don't bet"..... which is a good thing because you'd be dead broke based on your prognostications on games....

31 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Doesn't change the fact that you called the Bengals ML an "easy win".  

Mahomes will "never win another Super Bowl" and now "Eagles will win by double digits".  

Yes, we know, you have been very clear in stating "you don't bet"..... which is a good thing because you'd be dead broke based on your prognostications on games....

No no I don’t make it clear, I have made only two M/L bets,  one was a winner, Bengals Vs Bills, the other was Jags Vs KC.  

So let’s now make it clear.  

Also I did pick the Eagles to beat Niners by double digits, now I made that clear.  So I was one for two last weekend

Lets stop trying to pull things out of your arse okay.   

Now to make another one clear, I’m picking eagles to win by double digits, but I’m not betting , why no M/L.  Now that’s pretty darn clear.  

To date Mahomes hasn’t won another super bowl, let’s see if that keeps going.  Best part about posting is having fun, I’m having fun.  If I would have bet the Bengals M/L last week they would have won, by bets are worth 4 points.  

Thanks.  Now that’s pretty clear.  

LMFAO..... I'll give it to you WP, you can be funny...."my bets are worth 4 points".  

Why don't you bet the Eagles -7.5 alt line +240 or so....there is your + money opportunity right there.  

I need to remind myself this is a fantasy football forum and not a gambling forum.  Expectations are too high, I'll dumb it down for myself moving forward...thx 

All I’m doing is having fun, now we recognize that.  I don’t need to chase bets, im not interested in the game.  Im not going to watch , I don’t watch any games. So betting is just something I do if I’m interested in the M/L , I’m not interested in this m/l. 

My prediction eagles win by double digits.  

Good luck.  

Thanks.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35617339/sources-49ers-brock-purdy-set-elbow-surgery-feb-22

"On Wednesday, Purdy not only decided on a surgical option but set a date for the procedure. Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Purdy will have a UCL repair on Feb. 22 with an expected recovery time of about six months.

Given that timeline and the date of the procedure, Purdy could return sometime in the first few weeks of training camp when it opens in late July."

10 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Given that timeline and the date of the procedure, Purdy could return sometime in the first few weeks of training camp when it opens in late July."

It was a nice little run for Purdy but we all know that he played over his head. He started to come down to Earth a bit later in the season. 

I'd be shocked if it's still not Lance's job to lose. 

• Like 1