Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Biden visits Ukraine

Rock on JB! 

This is a gut punch to Russia’s leader. The Russians received word of the trip, we are informed—and presumably the threat, stated or implied, that they would get a violent and overwhelming response if they attempted to interfere with it. For a leader obsessed with strength, like Putin, that is a blow. His own people will quietly or openly ask, “Why could we not prevent this?” And the answer, unstated, will have to be, “Because we were afraid.”

The visual contrast between an American president with his signature aviator sunglasses walking in sunny downtown Kyiv with the pugnacious and eloquent president of Ukraine and a Russian president who has yet to visit the war zone is also striking. Not to mention the difference between an American president who mingles with others, shaking hands, hugging and slapping backs, and a Russian president who keeps his subordinates at a physical distance, and who has to be surrounded by flunkies and actors when he supposedly meets with normal people. No belligerent words from the Kremlin will change those visual images, which will be seen in Russia as well as around the world.

Just now, League Champion said:

Is he there to write more checks? 

Yes, yes he is. 

this could cut both ways for Biden.

good:  such a visit is usually a boost for the ol' approval ratings.
bad: it may convince some US voters that the war really isn't a big deal and its pretty safe over there, causing support for further funding and training to actually drop.

I'm watching to see US support for the war take a nosedive.  In terms of 2024, if war support collapses, the democrats have set up AOC as the "antiwar" nominee.  On the republican side, Rand Paul has been set up as the antiwar candidate in 2024.

It's sad that the Dems keep trucking him out there. He has no idea where the hell they're sending him. They could send him to the Moon and he'd think he's in Delaware. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

this could cut both ways for Biden.

good:  such a visit is usually a boost for the ol' approval ratings.
bad: it may convince some US voters that the war really isn't a big deal and its pretty safe over there, causing support for further funding and training to actually drop.

I'm watching to see US support for the war take a nosedive.  In terms of 2024, if war support collapses, the democrats have set up AOC as the "antiwar" nominee.  On the republican side, Rand Paul has been set up as the antiwar candidate in 2024.

You’ve been wrong about every aspect of this war. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s yours too. And it’s being well spent. 

Ohh it is? Let Putin have Ukraine, let's worry about feeding our people and making sure their pensions are paid in full. 

F Ukraine, let's take care of our own. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Says who?

Says common sense you ungrateful motherfuker! Biden is spending pennies compared to what a conquered Ukraine would cost us. I can’t believe that some people in this country don’t get this. Luckily the majority of Democrats and Republicans are with him on this. For now at least.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Maybe he'll grab himself a little Ukrainian kid while he's there too.

Rumor is that they smell good. He could sniff his old heart away. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Says common sense you ungrateful motherfuker! Biden is spending pennies compared to what a conquered Ukraine would cost us. I can’t believe that some people in this country don’t get this. Luckily the majority of Democrats and Republicans are with him on this. For now at least.

Your opinion.  TG

Should have never been a war in the first place. As far back as Kissinger it was known that Ukraine was a red line for Russia. He said so. But we focked around anyway.  

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hey D-Bag let me break the news to you. Putin is going to take over Ukraine whether we give them trillions or nothing. It's going to happen regardless. The only way to stop Russia would be to put American Men & Trannys on the ground to fight this war for them, and that's never going to happen.

Regardless of what CNN & MSNBC put in your little head, Ukraine is crumbling as we speak. People like you believe their nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Doesn't this Tim guy pay his employees under the table, resulting in less taxes being paid?

Nope. I pay independent contractors and record all payments over $600 as legally required. But much of America pay people under the table which keeps down prices. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

Hey D-Bag let me break the news to you. Putin is going to take over Ukraine whether we give them trillions or nothing. It's going to happen regardless. The only way to stop Russia would be to put American Men & Trannys on the ground to fight this war for them, and that's never going to happen.

Regardless of what CNN & MSNBC put in your little head, Ukraine is crumbling as we speak. People like you believe their nonsense. 

Ukraine will only crumble if we stop supporting them. If you believe otherwise you’re not paying attention. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Ukraine will only crumble if we stop supporting them. If you believe otherwise you’re not paying attention. 

What happens when they run out of troops? 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nope. I pay independent contractors and record all payments over $600 as legally required. But much of America pay people under the table which keeps down prices. 

Oh, so guys like me pay more in taxes to help fund the war in Ukraine that you support.  Thanks

It's a balls move. I love the fact that we told Russia ahead of time.  Would not be surprised if we had about a thousand different fighters and bombers and tankers just doing lazy eights over Europe just in case. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What happens when they run out of troops? 

Well last I checked, the attrition rate is about 300 to 1 in Ukraine's favor. So...

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

You don't hear me. THEY CAN'T BEAT THE RUSSIANS, regardless of how much money we give them. They don't have the manpower, the training, the logistics or fortitude to fight Russia for the next 10 years. 

If your Boy Biden is serious about Ukraine defeating Russia then it will take American troops and firepower to do so. If you don't believe that then your dumber than I thought. 

10 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Well let's see, by all accounts, Russia has lost more f****** troops & equipment in one year in Ukraine than they did in a decade in Afghan.  And they never managed to control them either.

And oh yeah, Putin is now in a constant threat of taking a dirt nap at the hands of his own generals.

But I'm glad the board has an insider like you that knows everything is going on in  Ukraine.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Well let's see, by all accounts, Russia has lost more f****** troops & equipment in one year 

By CNN's account?? 

This is what's wrong with you Libs, you believe everything your told. Russia has yet to send over their elite fighting units or equipment. This is all about to change during their Spring offensive which they are preparing for right now. It's about to get very bad for Ukraine.

https://www.ft.com/content/164360c3-1b37-46c9-b26a-4444d2045eef

12 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Well last I checked, the attrition rate is about 300 to 1 in Ukraine's favor. So...

Proof that you never checked. It’s more like 2-1 and considering Russia has about 100 million more people than Ukraine, at some point Ukraine runs out first. 

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

By CNN's account?? 

This is what's wrong with you Libs, you believe everything your told. Russia has yet to send over their elite fighting units or equipment. This is all about to change during their Spring offensive which they are preparing for right now. It's about to get very bad for Ukraine.

https://www.ft.com/content/164360c3-1b37-46c9-b26a-4444d2045eef

He gets his news from Rusty. 

7 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

But I'm glad the board has an insider like you that knows everything is going on in  Ukraine.

Well since you ask, In 2015 I was attached to a unit that trained 5 battalions of Ukraine forces. You can Google it if you like. So yes, I know the Ukrainian capabilities quite well. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, League Champion said:

Well since you ask, In 2015 I was attached to a unit that trained 5 battalions of Ukraine forces. You can Google it if you like. So yes, I know the Ukrainian capabilities quite well. 

💥

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Mila Kunis and Olga Kurylenko being Ukrainian is enough reason for me to support their cause.

Ukrainian Women are gorgeous, at least we can all agree on that 

Hopefully they will keep him, we can save money on his return flight.