Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

The Draft Pick No Other Team in the NFL Wants to Hear

"With the 168th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Deuce Vaughn, running back, Kansas State."

With his pass-catching ability and elusiveness in the open field, Vaughn would be insane in that offense.

9 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Jerick McKinnon? 

Thanks for playing, but McKinnon was drafted years ago.

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Thanks for playing, but McKinnon was drafted years ago.

Which is exactly why they won't draft Vaughn. Went right over your head, sorry. 

Pacheco is the early down RB, a good receiving back is the perfect compliment and just what Andy Reid likes in a RB

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Pacheco is the early down RB, a good receiving back is the perfect compliment and just what Andy Reid likes in a RB

I like Pacheco.   I had some doubts about him in the early season but the more I see of the guy, the more I like him.

I do think they will draft a RB.  It feels like they will trade away CEH to get him out of the room.    I think hes still on his rookie contract, but he was a first round pick, and hes also at a point where his salary is starting to ramp up a bit.

I suppose it depends on the dynamics of the dressing room but It feels like CEH is on his way out and they will draft someone.

the only question I have is at what point in the draft do they pick a RB?

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I like Pacheco.   I had some doubts about him in the early season but the more I see of the guy, the more I like him.

I do think they will draft a RB.  It feels like they will trade away CEH to get him out of the room.    I think hes still on his rookie contract, but he was a first round pick, and hes also at a point where his salary is starting to ramp up a bit.

I suppose it depends on the dynamics of the dressing room but It feels like CEH is on his way out and they will draft someone.

the only question I have is at what point in the draft do they pick a RB?

Well, the last time they won the Super Bowl, they drafted CEH in the 1st round.

I wouldn't be shocked if they do that again, but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't until the late rounds.

They'll get one somehow though.

Andy Reid doesn't mind using 2 or 3 RBs

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I wouldn't be shocked if they do that again, but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't until the late rounds.

They'll get one somehow though.

Andy Reid doesn't mind using 2 or 3 RBs

True, but I think they actually have bigger needs.

I know they drafted Skyy moore and the jury is still out with him.    They also have Toney picked up off the Giants.   I dont know how big a role these guys play moving forward.  JuJu is okay.   very solid #2 WR but hes not a true #1 gamebreaking #1 WR.    Hes a fantastic possession guy, runs good routes and has reasonably good hands.   Kelce likely only has another year or two (three tops)  so as he starts to slow down, someone needs to step up.

It feels like it wouldnt hurt them to grab another WR or a really good TE prospect to learn from the best (Kelce).  TE's take longer to develop so its not like he cuts into Kelces playing time until at least year 2 or 3..... so ideally as Kelce starts to step back, the new kid will be ready to step up.

It wouldnt be a bad time for the team to address the D line or the O line.    if there are no glaring weaknesses elsewhere on the team this is the direction they should probably go.  I personally would go O line just because some of the guys they picked up to address the O line issues a short while ago are not young men.   When they brought them in, they just were kicking the can down the road.    Now is a good time to find a more permanent solution.   

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

Which is exactly why they won't draft Vaughn. Went right over your head, sorry. 

No surprise there...

6 hours ago, League Champion said:

Which is exactly why they won't draft Vaughn.

You're right, the 31 year old journeyman with two major knee surgeries in his past should be just fine for years to come.

God, the morons around here...

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Vaughn is rated as a 6th-round value.  If the Chiefs draft him, it won't be early--but I could see them using their 5th-rounder (#168 overall) on him.

I think KC will add a rb or two, I’m not so sure Pacheco is going to be their true rb1. 

I've been impressed with Vaughn in the few games I've seen him play

On 3/7/2023 at 2:10 PM, weepaws said:

I think KC will add a rb or two, I’m not so sure Pacheco is going to be their true rb1. 

Agree, he's not a #1. People just like saying his name. 

On 3/6/2023 at 10:50 PM, AxeElf said:

"With the 168th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Deuce Vaughn, running back, Kansas State."

With his pass-catching ability and elusiveness in the open field, Vaughn would be insane in that offense.

That’s what they said about CEH…

On 3/7/2023 at 12:01 PM, Ray_T said:

I know they drafted Skyy moore and the jury is still out with him.    They also have Toney picked up off the Giants.   I dont know how big a role these guys play moving forward.  JuJu is okay.   very solid #2 WR but hes not a true #1 gamebreaking #1 WR.    Hes a fantastic possession guy, runs good routes and has reasonably good hands.   Kelce likely only has another year or two (three tops)  so as he starts to slow down, someone needs to step up.

It feels like it wouldnt hurt them to grab another WR or a really good TE prospect to learn from the best (Kelce).  TE's take longer to develop so its not like he cuts into Kelces playing time until at least year 2 or 3..... so ideally as Kelce starts to step back, the new kid will be ready to step up.

It wouldnt be a bad time for the team to address the D line or the O line.    if there are no glaring weaknesses elsewhere on the team this is the direction they should probably go.  I personally would go O line just because some of the guys they picked up to address the O line issues a short while ago are not young men.   When they brought them in, they just were kicking the can down the road.    Now is a good time to find a more permanent solution.   

Chiefs have hit home runs the last two drafts; first with oline (Creed & Smith) then last year with defensive focus (Karloftkis, McDuffie, Watson). 

Word is this year it will be defensive line.  

Toney is going to be their WR1 next year, per the team.  

I'd love to see them take a TE, this is the deepest TE draft in a decade plus.  Kincaid is my boy if that's the case.  

With 10 picks I think all of these areas can be properly addressed (DL, OL, RB, TE).  Justyn Ross is also on practice squad for them, low probability of regaining that pre-injury form but ya never know.  

KC did so much with Mecole Hardman, I'm sure the NFL will be petrified if they get another undersized speed guy.

3 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I'd love to see them take a TE, this is the deepest TE draft in a decade plus.  Kincaid is my boy if that's the case.  

and he could sit a year and learn from the best.   I dont mind that move at all.

Kelce may not like it much, but hes probably two years from retirement. (maybe 3)

it normally takes at least 2-3 years for most TE's to breakout anyways.   not many light it up in year 1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Toney is going to be their WR1 next year, per the team Axe Elf.

Old news...

Don’t think KC will have a true wr1, or a true rb1 next season.  Toney needs to stay on the field before calling him a wr1.  

On 3/10/2023 at 8:10 PM, weepaws said:

Toney needs to stay on the field before calling him a wr1

agreed.

it does not matter how skilled you are as a player.  if you are not on the field, you are useless.

Why Deuce would have torn things up with the Chiefs:

Chiefs backup RB Jerick McKinnon had more receiving TDs (9) last year than the Offensive Player of the Year, Justin Jefferson (8).

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Why Deuce would have torn things up with the Chiefs:

Chiefs backup RB Jerick McKinnon had more receiving TDs (9) last year than the Offensive Player of the Year, Justin Jefferson (8).

It will be interesting to see how he does in Dallas spelling Tony Pollard

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

It will be interesting to see how he does in Dallas spelling Tony Pollard

Second-best place he could have landed; dad's with the team to help him keep his head on straight as he makes the transition to the big league, and he'll be playing to make dad proud every time he touches the ball.

21 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Second-best place he could have landed; dad's with the team to help him keep his head on straight as he makes the transition to the big league, and he'll be playing to make dad proud every time he touches the ball.

Yeah, and if they don't bring Zeke back he should get plenty of touches. Will be fun to see him play