Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

16 Year old shot twice after ringing doorbell, shooter held and released

On 4/18/2023 at 6:36 AM, Fireballer said:

Can you please articulate the PC to immediately arrest the man in KC vs the man in NY?

Three witnesses in the N.Y. matter.  Unclear on the number of witnesses, if any, to the K.C. matter.  Maybe in the K.C. thing they were waiting to intervirew the survivor before charging.  Maybe they were waiting to see they had a survivor as that changes the potential charges.

35 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I notice many trying to leverage that into some indication of something untoward.  Missourri has a twenty-four hour hold or charge law.  They were working towards charges, were not ready at 24 hours, and so released an 84 year old under surveillance until they had ctossed their T's and dotted their I's.  Imagine had they not.  Imagine they kept him in custody past the statutory deadluine so they could show folks like  you they were what, serious?  They would have provided him a statutory defense.  At a minimum they may have provided him a basis for a change in venue.  Then those now howling would be shrieking.  

I’m not suggesting they held him past the deadline, but it seems odd they did not have enough evidence for any charges initially.  Although him being 84 makes it a a little less questionable.

Some people here, including a few that I normally agree with, are trying to make this story about guns. I don’t think it’s about guns. Millions of law abiding Americans choose to have guns in their homes for self-protection. And there’s nothing wrong with that. 

This story is about race. The shooter was racially motivated. That’s why it’s getting more attention than the similar story in NY, and it should get more attention since young white people are not generally victims in our society, while young black people all too often are. That’s the difference. That’s the reason for the outrage. The outrage is justified. 

I don't understand how people can be so upset about an old guy not getting charged right away and also support bail reform. 

I trust an 18 year old with 38 arrests to not disappear, but the 84 year old is gonna vanish into thin air. 

55 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not suggesting they held him past the deadline, but it seems odd they did not have enough evidence for any charges initially.  Although him being 84 makes it a a little less questionable.

Also why charge him before knowing whether he killed, or only attempted to kill.  Best for them to have awaIited the facts, even in the face of obrobrium from the uninformed community being inflamed by attorneys of low ethics for their own purposes.

3 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

I don't understand how people can be so upset about an old guy not getting charged right away and also support bail reform. 

I trust an 18 year old with 38 arrests to not disappear, but the 84 year old is gonna vanish into thin air. 

I will help you understand.  Liberals assess an incident based on the skin color of thoise involved....yes that IS racist....

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I will help you understand.  Liberals assess an incident based on the skin color of thoise involved....yes that IS racist....

In this case it was the shooter who did this. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

In this case it was the shooter who did this. 

Of course, you have assessed the skin color and made that determination. You are philsophically no different than people who suggest AA's are monkeys. You are the same, you just have a different approach. 

• Like 5

Biden called the family of this poor kid. That was nice, shows respect. 

18 hours ago, squistion said:

No, they were Democrats in the South when they made these bad decisions and who later switched parties and became Republicans (see Strom Thurmond). 

15 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Why do you still bother, this has been explained to them for years, they are happy being willfully ignorant and will just repeat ad nauseam that Abraham Lincoln was a republican and the world hasn't changed since then.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Of course, you have assessed the skin color and made that determination. 

Actually no. The police and prosecutors have made that determination. I wrote earlier that it was likely and it turns out I was correct. 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Why do you still bother, this has been explained to them for years, they are happy being willfully ignorant and will just repeat ad nauseam that Abraham Lincoln was a republican and everything the world hasn't changed since then.  

I would welcome to be instructed as to what has changed. :thumbsup:

Actually no. The police and prosecutors have made that determination. I wrote earlier that it was likely and it turns out I was correct. 

No they have not.   YOU have. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Have you been following this story? The police stated yesterday that this crime was racially motivated. 

No they didn’t. They said a racial element to it. If it’s racially motivated we can expect a hate crime charge? Think that’s going to happen? 

• Thanks 1

Have you been following this story? The police stated yesterday that this crime was racially motivated. 

From my memory only, but I thought they did not ascribe a motive, but rather they said it had a racial "component".  

Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

22 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I take it the shooter is a white male?

That's always my take when liberals post.  It's always racism.

18 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Also why charge him before knowing whether he killed, or only attempted to kill.  Best for them to have aqwaIited the facts, even in the face of obrobrium from the uninformed community being inflamed by attorneys of low ethics for their own purposes.

So you’re saying that decisions in cases are made based on known facts in those specific cases and not what happens hundreds of miles away? Interesting.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

From my memory only, but I thought they did not ascribe a motive, but rather they said it had a racial "component".  

Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

Lol thanks Paul. 

But I don’t think there’s a significant difference between “racial component” and what I wrote. That others here do is telling. 

You miss my point.

YOU already made that assessment, and you were not alone.  The police HAVE to make the suggestion, even though there is no evidence, or they risk the mob burning everything, it was a smart move to avoid looting and burning, but based on what we know happened there is not reason, yet, to just make that assertion. since not a word was exchanged.  Now then, the only way the police could make that determination is if the shooter confessed it.....THEN we know.

Moreover, I am gratified to hear that the police can now be trusted.....:thumbsup:

21 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

If the kid was white Tim wouldn't of posted it.

Either way you can't just shoot people who ring your doorbell and aren't threatening you.  If these are the facts and the kid made an honest mistake then the shooter should be punished accordingly, whatever their pronouns or race may be. 

Agreed.  Even though our Tim's want it to be about racism.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

You miss my point.

YOU already made that assessment, and you were not alone.  The police HAVE to make the suggestion, even though there is no evidence, or they risk the mob burning everything, it was a smart move to avoid looting and burning, but based on what we know happened there is not reason, yet, to just make that assertion. since not a word was exchanged.  Now then, the only way the police could make that determination is if the shooter confessed it.....THEN we know.

Moreover, I am gratified to hear that the police can now be trusted.....:thumbsup:

You’re correct I made that assessment. It wasn’t hard to make nor was it wrong to make. Given our history, including recent history, it would be foolish to have this set of facts and NOT make that assessment. 
Your opinion of black people is far lower than mine. You seem to believe they can be manipulated by liberals and media into violent reaction. But they’re not stupid and it doesn’t work that way. If black people get angry over these situations it’s because they can relate to them, having experienced racism first hand. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The civil war draft riots were in NYC. That’s not the south. 

Shhhh.... they don't like facts.

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So you’re saying that decisions in cases are made based on known facts in those specific cases and not what happens hundreds of miles away? Interesting.

Well, I hold that open as a possibility, unlike some here, not mentioning any RealNames. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol thanks Paul. 

But I don’t think there’s a significant difference between “racial component” and what I wrote. That others here do is telling. 

It is clear to me that you don't.  Perhaps if you could you would be taken more seriously.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re correct I made that assessment. It wasn’t hard to make nor was it wrong to make. Given our history, including recent history, it would be foolish to have this set of facts and NOT make that assessment. 
Your opinion of black people is far lower than mine. You seem to believe they can be manipulated by liberals and media into violent reaction. But they’re not stupid and it doesn’t work that way. If black people get angry over these situations it’s because they can relate to them, having experienced racism first hand. 

This is where we diverge. I do not apply "history" to circumstances of today, that is a pointeless endeavor.  It is repugnant to take a situation and then suggest it has some special context because of race, because it is racist.  You should work to avoid that. Bad people do bad things, regardless of color. Stop introducing that excrement, it foments fear, hatred and division. 

You opion of black people is wrong, certainly lower than mine, and I would encourage you to see them as powerful and competitive despite the culrtural impediments. Liberals can and do manipulate people, its happening with consistency. Not just AA's, many others as well. YOU and YOUR ilk think they are stupid and lower standards to help them compete, which is rather demeaning. 

AA's are very capable, when not being told they are lesser by liberals. 

38 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Some people here, including a few that I normally agree with, are trying to make this story about guns. I don’t think it’s about guns. Millions of law abiding Americans choose to have guns in their homes for self-protection. And there’s nothing wrong with that. 

This story is about race. The shooter was racially motivated. That’s why it’s getting more attention than the similar story in NY, and it should get more attention since young white people are not generally victims in our society, while young black people all too often are. That’s the difference. That’s the reason for the outrage. The outrage is justified. 

All too often is correct...

Because young black people kill a lot of young black people. A ridiculously disproportionate amount. What is wrong with them you think?

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Given our history, including recent history, it would be foolish to have this set of facts and NOT make that assessment. 

So legal decisions in a specific case are based on history and current racial climate.  That would be cute in a courtroom.  “Your honor, I just heard a white man use the N word out on the sidewalk.  This white man in court must be racist”.

How an adult man is so driven by emotion is astounding.

• Like 1

Nobody wants honest discussion about any of this.

I feel for the kid, horrible situation and the old man will be charged.

2 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

All too often is correct...

Because young black people kill a lot of young black people. A ridiculously disproportionate amount. What is wrong with them you think?

Poverty, plus a disintegration of family due mostly to a history of institutional racism from white society. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Poverty, plus a disintegration of family due mostly to a history of institutional racism from white society. 

You mean due mostly to Democrat policies.....which is why the family disintegrated....  

Some of it is due to Democratic policies…most of it is not. 

Most of it is Democrat policies, but I agree it is not the only influence, just the most important one. Across time, few things have been as destructive to the success of that community as Democrats.

Democrats Treat Black Americans Like Political Pawns. No Wonder We're Jumping Ship | Opinion

Government policies based on racist myths help dissolve black families

Federally Mandated Destruction of the Black Family: The Adoption and Safe Families

What African Americans lost by aligning with the Democratic Party

How Liberal Policies Destroyed Black Families

The current figures contrast sharply with 1960, when only 9 percent of children lived in single-parent households. In that year, 93 percent of white children and 75 percent of black children lived in two-parent homes.

I can do this all day, and I can point to the legislation, Democrat-driven, that was used to pander for votes but which directly harmed the AA community,  Look at what Biden has done for the last two years!   His actions to inflame inflation, increase fuel costs, who do you think that hurts the most? Democrats dont care, they care about votes and how to buy power, not about how to help people.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Most of it is Democrat policies, but I agree it is not the only influence, just the most important one. Across time, few things have been as destructive to the success of that community as Democrats.

Democrats Treat Black Americans Like Political Pawns. No Wonder We're Jumping Ship | Opinion

Government policies based on racist myths help dissolve black families

Federally Mandated Destruction of the Black Family: The Adoption and Safe Families

What African Americans lost by aligning with the Democratic Party

How Liberal Policies Destroyed Black Families

The current figures contrast sharply with 1960, when only 9 percent of children lived in single-parent households. In that year, 93 percent of white children and 75 percent of black children lived in two-parent homes.

I can do this all day, and I can point to the legislation, Democrat-driven, that was used to pander for votes but which directly harmed the AA community,  Look at what Biden has done for the last two years!   His actions to inflame inflation, increase fuel costs, who do you think that hurts the most? Democrats dont care, they care about votes and how to buy power, not about how to help people.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on quite a bit of this- though not all. Some of your points are valid. 

I gotta run. Will try to post later. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on quite a bit of this- though not all. Some of your points are valid. 

I gotta run. Will try to post later. 

Don't bother.

18 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Good, I hope the young man heals up and has as few long term affects as possible.

I wish I didn't live in a society where an 84 year old man got this scared when a black teenager was on his doorstep. 

17 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

2010 Joe Biden gave the eulogy at the funeral of a West Virginia clan leader who was a United States senator for over 50 years at the time of his death.

See Robert Byrd

Racism from the left is ok because they just excuse it and say "they've learned", and all is forgiven.