Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

16 Year old shot twice after ringing doorbell, shooter held and released

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Your privilege is showing.  It is mindblowing how naive this post is.   Some non-white people are successful, thus racism doesn’t exist?  

I will go as far saying that these days, most privilege is the result of wealth and not race.  The problem is that historically it WAS driven by race, and thus minorities are more likely to be poor.  And people that grow up poor, are more likely to stay poor.  Which is basically what you’re saying here reading between the lines of your sweeping generalizations.

Nice try. That word salad stuff wont work on me. Standard liberal tactics, attack the person when you cannot refute the assertion. PLENTY of non-white people are successful, and PLENTY of white people live in poverty as well. If you want to find discrimination, look no further than the way the system tends to mistreat the accomplished. At how the system pushed down on the Asian minority groups, and why? because they were too succesful. 

I do have a priviladge. I am not a dirtbag, therefore I have a leg up. I came from absolute poverty, but my family never used that as an excuse to be a dirtbag, which is what transpires in the AA community.  

The system works, There used to be a saying "shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations", which describes the inability of grandchildren to manage the wealth passed down to them from their grandparents and parents, has hung over the world's highest net-worth families for decades, threatening the continuation of family legacies. 

Instead of telling people "you cannot because the system" do what successful families have done, show them how to use the system.  Not to steal from it, but leverage it, it works...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Still begs the question of why did he even open the door

Dumbest person on the planet folks. ⬆️

Because someone rang the doorbell idiot.  That's the whole purpose of having a doorbell, so people can alert you that they are there so you can come OPEN THE DOOR. 

The better question is, after opening the door and seeing it was an intruder, why didnt he just slam the door shut, re-lock and call the police. 

Just now, RogerDodger said:

The better question is, after opening the door and seeing it was an intruder, why didnt he just slam the door shut, re-lock and call the police. 

That is the question. 

The enthicity, religion, or politics of those involved is completely irrelevant.  

The thing we need to ensure is true is that you do not get shot for ringing a doorbell. Right now that is all we know.  We have no idea what transpired here, and thus far the narrative is "good kid just ringing a doorbell". Which is the narrative that makes the most sense. 

We just cannot have people shooting like this.  Just like that clown in DC when he shot the kid for trying to test cars being open or not.  Can't have that.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Dumbest person on the planet folks. ⬆️

Because someone rang the doorbell idiot.  That's the whole purpose of having a doorbell, so people can alert you that they are there so you can come OPEN THE DOOR. 

Rule #1:  Always look to see who it is before you open the door you focking idiot. :lol:

LIVE IT LEARN IT

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We just cannot have people shooting like this.  Just like that clown in DC when he shot the kid for trying to test cars being open or not.  Can't have that.

Well this is what happens when everyone gets a gun.  It's the price of freedom.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Well this is what happens when everyone gets a gun.  It's the price of freedom.

Interesting. So then we have a preponderance of people shooting at those ringing doorbells?

OK, lets fo with that, for just a minute. 

You propose that we can perhaps mute gun violence with some level of restriction on access to guns?

10 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Holy sh1t you’re retarded.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Interesting. So then we have a preponderance of people shooting at those ringing doorbells?

OK, lets fo with that, for just a minute. 

You propose that we can perhaps mute gun violence with some level of restriction on access to guns?

Yes.  Then you're going to point to Chicago where it's hard to get a gun but there is still gun violence, then I will point to the states with stricter gun laws and lower gun violence, then you will reply with a bunch of words without actually saying anything.  We've done this before.  I just saved us both a bunch of time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Rule #1:  Always look to see who it is before you open the door you focking idiot. :lol:

LIVE IT LEARN IT

There were two locked doors and he likely doesnt have the kiddy peephole 3 foot off the floor like you do. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RogerDodger said:

There were two locked doors and he likely doesnt have the kiddy peephole 3 foot off the floor like you do. 

No, once you UNLOCK the first door and open it, then there is only ONE locked door, Einstein.  And I wouldn't even call a screen door a locked door, because it's a focking screen and not stopping anyone.

You have to be the absolute dumbest person to ever figure out a computer. :lol:

Has to open the door for anyone who rings the bell :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

LIVE IT LEARN IT

I thought it was No Shoes, No Shirt, No Dice. 

:dunno:

Hmm. So if the door stayed closed,  there would have been a better outcome. Hmmm. So locked doors work now? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hmm. So if the door stayed closed,  there would have been a better outcome. Hmmm. So locked doors work now? 

I believe locked doors work in preventing an unarmed kid from picking up his brother.  Less effective against homicidal maniacs armed with multiple firearms.  Make sense?

• Thanks 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I believe locked doors work in preventing an unarmed kid from picking up his brother.  Less effective against homicidal maniacs armed with multiple firearms.  Make sense?

Nope. Because doors should be locked and they make things safer. Even if someone shoots through them so they can open them. Having to explain this is funny. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. Because doors should be locked and they make things safer. Even if someone shoots through them so they can open them. Having to explain this is funny. 

You said Nope and then repeated what I said, and the lamented the fact that you had to explain it to me. :lol:

29 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yes.  Then you're going to point to Chicago where it's hard to get a gun but there is still gun violence, then I will point to the states with stricter gun laws and lower gun violence, then you will reply with a bunch of words without actually saying anything.  We've done this before.  I just saved us both a bunch of time.

Nah, you are projecting on me, not unexpected from someone such as yourself. Just making sure I understand your position. 

Might it be true that people will still be violent without guns, but then perhaps the absence of guns then might reduce the gravity of the outcomes, would you agree with that premise?

Just now, GutterBoy said:

You said Nope and then repeated what I said, and the lamented the fact that you had to explain it to me. :lol:

No. They are plenty effective  against even maniacs. Lock the doors and shutup. 

15 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No, once you UNLOCK the first door and open it, then there is only ONE locked door, Einstein.  And I wouldn't even call a screen door a locked door, because it's a focking screen and not stopping anyone.

You have to be the absolute dumbest person to ever figure out a computer. :lol:

That’s literally the story. The black guy was trying to open the locked screen door when Lester shot through the glass. 

Dumbass  

I had an unexpected visitor yesterday around suppertime.  Door bell rang.  I answered.  Big hispanic guy standing there, 5'10", 250 lbs. maybe 45.  Out on the street was his kid, maybe a bit bigger, in the bed of my 2000 Ram truck.  I did not choose to shoot and in fact answered my door without a firearm in hand.  Things went smoothly.  The guy, Rey, wanted to make an offer on the truck even though it was not for sale.  I declined his offer.  We went our seperate ways.  Nobody died.

It can happen.  Interactions at one's door don't need to be fatal.

2 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

That’s literally the story. The black guy was trying to open the locked screen door when Lester shot through the glass. 

Dumbass  

52 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

So he didn't open the door and see it was an intruder?

I was taught to ring the bell and wait. Not start opening the door. My father gave me “the talk”. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was taught to ring the bell and wait. Not start opening the door. My father gave me “the talk”. 

I have ringed the bell, realized it's broke, and then opened the screen door so I can knock on the door.  Never been shot.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. They are plenty effective  against even maniacs. Lock the doors and shutup. 

Gutter boy doesn’t know what a modern screen door looks like. Further proof he’s white trash.  

Der der, that aluminum screen hangin oft the trailer ain’t stopping no-un Cletus.  

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Jesus Christ you idiot- the door was locked at Uvalde. Stop trying to litigate things that you have been dunked on repeatedly for. Your desperation to be proven wrong is bordering on a fetish at this point. 

8 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Gutter boy doesn’t know what a modern screen door looks like. Further proof he’s white trash.  

Der der, that aluminum screen hangin oft the trailer ain’t stopping no-un Cletus.  

Roger Dodger thinks this screen door can't be walked right through :lol:

https://goo.gl/maps/eYi6J5kzuYYNWnnq9

36 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I love the idea that a Jehovah's Witness or someone soliciting shows up at Horseman's air stream and rings the doorbell (if he can even afford one) and Horseman is in the house going "Well I gots to answer the door now. They rang the bell."

Then he peels himself out of the feces and Bugles encrusted computer chair that doubles as his furniture and takes the 3 step wheeze filled walk to his front door to answer it so he can hear about how he absolutely needs to get his piece of old cardboard replaced by an actual window only so he can sadly say to the guy, "Damn, I could barely afford the cardboard to put in there. Wanna rail my wife while I watch and sadly try to wrap one finger around my chickpea sized d!ck to beat off in the corner as a down payment."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Jesus Christ you idiot- the door was locked at Uvalde. Stop trying to litigate things that you have been dunked on repeatedly for. Your desperation to be proven wrong is bordering on a fetish at this point. 

Is the door to the teachers lounge locked right now? Go look. Seeing as you spend most of your day there it’s best if it’s locked. Unless you post all day from class? 

14 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Of course it exists and will always as we all are human beings.  As long as there are differences in people there will always be an 'ism'.  It's been that way since the beginning of human history.

What America is NOT, is systemically racist.  If anything the "systems" have over compensated the past couple decades (see Affirmative Action)

Also not every single interaction between two different races is because its racist.  It's one hundred percent true that a black dude and a white dude arguing at a gas station or a bar is simply to a-holes arguing.  However in half of the country when you look at every interaction through a "race" lens that's all you will see.

I agree with most of this.

1.) Pretending racism doesn't exist is stupid. Of course it does. It isn't always a thing, but it is very much sometimes a thing.

2.) Yes policies to correct it have gone too far in the other direction.

3.) Some times people are just a-holes, but I think sometimes there is a racial component to it.

4.) The "race card" gets overplayed. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is the door to the teachers lounge locked right now? Go look. Seeing as you spend most of your day there it’s best if it’s locked. Unless you post all day from class? 

I'd change the subject too instead of just admitting you were wrong.

It's your go to. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

My wife and daughter do not open the door for strangers.  If I am home the call me.  If I am not home they do not answer.  

We have a ring, so no need to answer the door if we don't know who it is.   We also live in a safe boring area.  Also not paranoid people running around the house with loaded guns

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I love the idea that a Jehovah's Witness or someone soliciting shows up at Horseman's air stream and rings the doorbell (if he can even afford one) and Horseman is in the house going "Well I gots to answer the door now. They rang the bell."

Then he peels himself out of the feces and Bugles encrusted computer chair that doubles as his furniture and takes the 3 step wheeze filled walk to his front door to answer it so he can hear about how he absolutely needs to get his piece of old cardboard replaced by an actual window only so he can sadly say to the guy, "Damn, I could barely afford the cardboard to put in there. Wanna rail my wife while I watch and sadly try to wrap one finger around my chickpea sized d!ck to beat off in the corner as a down payment."

Evocative prose.  This really brings the scene alive in my mind's eye.

16 hours ago, dogcows said:

Racism doesn’t exist, and everybody is treated equally? What fantasy world do you live in?

I agree, but I'm willing to bet that we don't agree on where the racism and unequal treatment is coming from.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

We have a ring, so no need to answer the door if we don't know who it is.   We also live in a safe boring area.  Also not paranoid people running around the house with loaded guns

We don't even run with scissors in my home, more less with loaded guns.  Just not safe.

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You know it's bad when a teacher says you're poor.

• Haha 1

In NYC they put the teachers they won’t allow around students anymore in what’s referred to as the “rubber room”. They just show up and sit there all day and get paid.  

Just now, Reality said:

You know it's bad when a teacher says you're poor.

Oh man....this breaks your string of whining posts towards me.

Are you mad because you are the solicitor?