Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

16 Year old shot twice after ringing doorbell, shooter held and released

22 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote.

Just to be clear, what "fact" are you talking about here?  Are you saying it's a "fact" that if this shooter was black, "there would be no problem"?

There would not be a mob, nor national media involved because that instance has no political capital.  In the DC instance the initial assumption was that the shooter was white, so a mob started and death threats arose, so the police had to reveal the identity of the shooter and sure enough, the mob went quiet.

Look, you can try to pretend that this system is imbalanced against black people, it is not. It is relatively successful in getting after criminals. You can pretend there is not a reaction to situations based on skin color, but there is....and its racist....and it divides us.

So long as we pretend skin color matters instead of actions and behaviors we incite the fears of people and compel them to dislike each other. Its not good, its not helping. You want to help, get out in the community and tell the kids to stop being dirthbags....that might help. 

• Thanks 5

If the kid was white Tim wouldn't of posted it.

Either way you can't just shoot people who ring your doorbell and aren't threatening you.  If these are the facts and the kid made an honest mistake then the shooter should be punished accordingly, whatever their pronouns or race may be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

There would not be a mob, nor national media involved because that instance has no political capital.  In the DC instance the initial assumption was that the shooter was white, so a mob started and death threats arose, so the police had to reveal the identity of the shooter and sure enough, the mob went quiet.

Look, you can try to pretend that this system is imbalanced against black people, it is not. It is relatively successful in getting after criminals. You can pretend there is not a reaction to situations based on skin color, but there is....and its racist....and it divides us.

So long as we pretend skin color matters instead of actions and behaviors we incite the fears of people and compel them to dislike each other. Its not good, its not helping. You want to help, get out in the community and tell the kids to stop being dirthbags....that might help. 

Do you think the victim here was being a dirtbag?   All indications so far are no, and yet you are suggesting "there would be no problem" if the shooter were black.  

I agree there would not be a mob if the shooter were black.  But I also think he would have been charged by now, so there would be no need for a mob.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If the kid was white Tim wouldn't of posted it.

Either way you can't just shoot people who ring your doorbell and aren't threatening you.  If these are the facts and the kid made an honest mistake then the shooter should be punished accordingly, whatever their pronouns or race may be. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

Do you think the victim here was being a dirtbag?   All indications so far are no, and yet you are suggesting "there would be no problem" if the shooter were black.  

I agree there would not be a mob if the shooter were black.  But I also think he would have been charged by now, so there would be no need for a mob.

It does not matter what I think.  What matters is what is real, true.

So did this kid deserve to be shot, I doubt it.  Should the shooter be innocent until proven guilty, of course...we are still in America....

Should we allow the system to work before we mob up, loot, or do any of the standard fare?  Yes....we should.

Liberals sell AA's a false set of goods, they sell them fear.....and then when these situations arise its time to cash in on that fear.  So  it does not surprise me that a mob formed....

If you want to pretend that this situation is some proof of anything, I would caution against it....remember, that game can be turned back on you.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If you want to pretend that this situation is some proof of anything, I would caution against it....remember, that game can be turned back on you.

Yeah you are the king of hypotheticals, even claiming they are "fact."   Notice I said "I think."

Just now, TimHauck said:

Yeah you are the king of hypotheticals, even claiming they are "fact."   Notice I said "I think."

Abdolutely.....its easily proven. Go to any local and see who was shot over the weekend, any mobs?  No...there are not.  Not unless their is political capital for racial hucksters.  Its rather easy. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

I sort of stand corrected.  I still doubt you post this last story if the kid was white.  You were trying to knock old white retired police officer and the stand your ground laws.  That was your angle.  

You are a wizard of the search function.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Saying black lives matter implies they matter more than anyone else. 

Plus, 'black lives matter' includes black murderers. Because black murderers are black lives.

You are sick and twisted to make all this shlt about race. But since you want to talk race, 13% commits 56% of all violent crimes.

That number should indicate that black lives matter only with respect to needing to have less of them around. 

No, that was a mischaracterization or misunderstanding of what was meant by that phrase.

It has been pointed out that the intended meaning was that black lives actually do matter, not they matter more than other lives.

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I sort of stand corrected.  I still doubt you post this last story if the kid was white.  You were trying to knock old white retired police officer and the stand your ground laws.  That was your angle.  

You are a wizard of the search function.  

I've also called out Daniel Shaver's killing like 3 or 4 times.  Probably the worst police shooting I've seen.

If, and it is an if, the kid was shot bc he was black, was it because the shooter was racist and didn’t like black people, or could it have been the reputation young black males have securely established over the years. There’s no doubt people view races differently, but the real question is why…

So he rings the wrong door bell, and the person inside the house answers the door, and then shoots him.  Welcome to America. 

35 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

If, and it is an if, the kid was shot bc he was black, was it because the shooter was racist and didn’t like black people, or could it have been the reputation young black males have securely established over the years. There’s no doubt people view races differently, but the real question is why…

Definitely the latter. And Jesse Jackson agrees whole-heartedly.

42 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Thanks for sharing the KKK’s official position on this shooting. 

11 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Thanks for sharing the KKK’s official position on this shooting. 

Democrats are the KKK dumbass. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Democrats are the KKK dumbass. 

Were. Past tense. It is ancient history and while people on the right seem to think it has some significance, it doesn't seem to matter or is considered a deal breaker to black voters. 

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Were. Past tense. It is ancient history and while people on the right seem to think it has some significance, it doesn't seem to matter or is considered a deal breaker to black voters. 

Oh that's right. The democrats and the republicans one day in the past decided to trade beliefs. 😆

49 minutes ago, squistion said:

The leader of your party, the guy you voted for, has said some of the most racist shlt I've ever heard... Past tense? What are you talking about? :doh:

51 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Oh that's right. The democrats and the republicans one day in the past decided to trade beliefs. 😆

No they didn't decide to trade, it just happened over time, particularly when bigoted/racist Democrats in the South (see Strom Thurmond) left the Democratic Party to become Republicans after Democrats championed civil rights legislation in the 60s.

15 minutes ago, squistion said:

No they didn't decide to trade, it just happened over time, particularly when bigoted/racist Democrats in the South (see Strom Thurmond) left the Democratic Party to become Republicans after Democrats championed civil rights legislation in the 60s.

Yeah yeah. We hear the same b******* from you guys every time you're on the wrong side of history.  You always claim that you actually weren't Democrats but were Republicans when you were making those bad decisions.  10 or 20 years from now when history shows how far on the wrong side of history you were, you'll claim that you were Republicans "back then".

GTFO with your revisionist history.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, squistion said:

I am curious, do you know the spread of voting for the Civil Rights act of 64?  Maybe you should read up a bit more on civil rights in the 60's 🤤

That being said, Democrats are the original racists, and the only thing that has changes is their tactics.....the outcomes are remarkably similar.  Government overall has not been very helpful, anything....ANYTHING the government touches they ruin.   Our best hope is that their is stagnation in government and they can exact nothing.

6 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

What city?

kansas city

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am curious, do you know the spread of voting for the Civil Rights act of 64?  Maybe you should read up a bit more on civil rights in the 60's 🤤

That being said, Democrats are the original racists, and the only thing that has changes is their tactics.....the outcomes are remarkably similar.  Government overall has not been very helpful, anything....ANYTHING the government touches they ruin.   Our best hope is that their is stagnation in government and they can exact nothing.

Makes sense that he wouldn't know much about civil rights. Back on the other forarm he claimed that gay people didn't have civil rights. And this was only a year or two ago.  :lol:

Democrats have been far worse racists in American history than Republicans could ever hope to be. Liberals have often been worse racists than conservatives. No doubt in my mind that both of the above statements are true. 

That being said I have a problem with many modern day conservatives on this issue. Not because they’re racist; most of them aren’t. But because, IMO, they tend to excuse racist actions by others, mainly because they’re annoyed and weary of the charge. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Democrats have been far worse racists in American history than Republicans could ever hope to be. Liberals have often been worse racists than conservatives. No doubt in my mind that both of the above statements are true. 

That being said I have a problem with many modern day conservatives on this issue. Not because they’re racist; most of them aren’t. But because, IMO, they tend to excuse racist actions by others, mainly because they’re annoyed and weary of the charge. 

Someone should write a parable about repeated false warnings leading to ignoring real warnings of real danger.  Maybe set it in the olden days.  Maybe make it about a 16th century danger to one's economic viability. 

Who cares if you’re not a racist if your policies are detrimental to black people? 

20 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah yeah. We hear the same b******* from you guys every time you're on the wrong side of history.  You always claim that you actually weren't Democrats but were Republicans when you were making those bad decisions.  10 or 20 years from now when history shows how far on the wrong side of history you were, you'll claim that you were Republicans "back then".

GTFO with your revisionist history.

No, they were Democrats in the South when they made these bad decisions and who later switched parties and became Republicans (see Strom Thurmond). 

The civil war draft riots were in NYC. That’s not the south. 

19 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And their attitudes towards racial minorities.

17 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Makes sense that he wouldn't know much about civil rights. Back on the other forarm he claimed that gay people didn't have civil rights. And this was only a year or two ago.  :lol:

I never said that and I have repeatedly asked for someone, anyone, to provide a link to the quote of me saying that but no one has ever been able to do so because it doesn't exist. 

Oh look, people care about black kids getting shot.  

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

And their attitudes towards racial minorities.

I want to beleive this is true, and that they are simply bubling fools.  But the consistency in the way Democrats just harm historically disenfranchised segments of society is rather compelling. 

8 minutes ago, squistion said:

I never said that and I have repeatedly asked for someone, anyone, to provide a link to the quote of me saying that but no one has ever been able to do so because it doesn't exist. 

Probably because you have either deleted it or haven't seen it posted on Twitter...

He’s out of the hospital? Then it doesn’t count, just like we don’t count people that don’t die in mass shootings after being shot.