Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Here comes the debt ceiling crisis: June 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Republicans already passed a budget bill that would avoid a default.  This is on Biden. 

Despite my continual disagreements with you, you’ve never struck me as a guy who automatically parrots the most obvious party line, so I’m surprised at this post. You know very well that the House bill includes provisions that Democrats can never accept. So did the guys who passed it. 

4 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

https://www.axios.com/2023/05/18/axios-ipsos-poll-work-requirements-medicaid-snap

Nearly two-thirds of Americans — including half of Democrats — back work requirements for Medicaid and Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program benefits, as House Republicans want in a debt limit deal, according to the latest Axios-Ipsos American Health Index.

If there is an agreement reached this will be included. Progressives won’t like it but screw them. Biden will lay the hammer on the Democrats and they will go along. 

I’m more worried about the Freedom Caucus- will they tie McCarthy’s hands if the final deal doesn’t get them everything they want? That’s a real question mark IMO. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Despite my continual disagreements with you, you’ve never struck me as a guy who automatically parrots the most obvious party line, so I’m surprised at this post. You know very well that the House bill includes provisions that Democrats can never accept. So did the guys who passed it. 

First of all, the GOP holds the house.  They had to sit there and take it when the Dems had both chambers.  Now they hold the purse strings.  The Dems need to give a little. That's how this works.  Secondly, It's a negotiating starting point but Biden has refused to even negotiate.  His stance is "raise the ceiling without any concessions from my side."  Sorry, if I've got to take a stance on which party is preventing a deal it's the Dems, not the GOP. 

• Sad 1

Joe Biden: I have been in many negotiations over the debt ceiling. 
Also Joe Biden:  I’m not going to negotiate over the debt ceiling. 
He’s just a horrible president. Sells himself as a moderate and a deal maker. We have seen none of that. Uniter? 

Plenty of money will flow into the government after June 1. Everyone here will continue to pay taxes.  I guess they will have to decide what bills are necessary to pay. They can start with stopping to continue to pay for Covid bullshit. I’m tired of all these commercials for businesses being able to recoup money if they kept employees on payroll during Covid. Giant scam. 

Still no progress, per reports. 

23 hours ago, Strike said:

First of all, the GOP holds the house.  They had to sit there and take it when the Dems had both chambers.  Now they hold the purse strings.  The Dems need to give a little. That's how this works.  Secondly, It's a negotiating starting point but Biden has refused to even negotiate.  His stance is "raise the ceiling without any concessions from my side."  Sorry, if I've got to take a stance on which party is preventing a deal it's the Dems, not the GOP. 

Obviously you’re free to take whatever stance you want. Most conservatives will end up agreeing with you I suspect and blame the Democrats if no deal is reached. 

But I believe the majority of the public will view this whole situation as an unnecessary form of blackmail by the House Republicans, just as they did in 2011. I hope the GOP realizes this before it’s too late. 

We had one of these crisis before. I came out ok. 

Democrats refuse to negotiate. Their way or no way. Time to get them out of office. People have seen how retarded they are and how much they lie. Democrats will be losing presidency and a lot of seats these next elections. People have had enough of them giving away our money and giving illegals everything 

7 minutes ago, BillyKing said:

Democrats refuse to negotiate. Their way or no way. Time to get them out of office. People have seen how retarded they are and how much they lie. Democrats will be losing presidency and a lot of seats these next elections. People have had enough of them giving away our money and giving illegals everything 

That’s what we think. But you see plenty of examples here on this board of libtards who love that policy and think it’s amazing and I can’t understand why

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That’s what we think. But you see plenty of examples here on this board of libtards who love that policy and think it’s amazing and I can’t understand why

Specifically which part don’t you understand? 

17 minutes ago, BillyKing said:

giving illegals everything 

Illegals immigrants currently receive almost no benefits from the government and they pay in a crapload in employer and sales taxes. I have no idea what you’re referring to. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Specifically which part don’t you understand? 

I don’t understand giving illegals everything and encouraging mass flooding of the border hidden behind the lie of asylum seekers

i don’t like the gender sh1t being pushed down our throat non stop

i don’t understand the continued support for the proxy war we started and donating tax payers money to fund it, while veterans are homeless and can’t get the help they need

i also can’t stand the fact that still to this day if you disagree with a lib you are racist sexist homophobic transphobic nazi hitler on and on 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Illegals immigrants currently receive almost no benefits from the government and they pay in a crapload in employer and sales taxes. I have no idea what you’re referring to. 

He's just repeating what he's told, truth be damned.  These people don't think for themselves.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

We spend 180 billion annually on illegal services. Come here legally. This is a topic that nobody wants to solve though. There is a simple solution 99% of Americans would be on board with too

Matt Gaetz admits the GOP caucus in the House is taking the country hostage to get what it wants. 

You, me and every other American? They consider us their hostage.

I saw some numbers about this yesterday. Projections if they don’t lift the ceiling: unemployment goes from 3.8% to 8%. Actual national debt with go UP because interest rates will go up, thus defeating the purpose of supposedly reducing the national debt. And stock market losses will be about $10 trillion.

So, this has nothing to do with good governance. They just see destroying the lives of Americans as an acceptable cost in their thirst for power.

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Huh? They go to school for starters. You’re Fockin clueless.  Or lying. Grow up 

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Matt Gaetz admits the GOP caucus in the House is taking the country hostage to get what it wants. 

I saw some numbers about this yesterday. Projections if they don’t lift the ceiling: unemployment goes from 3.8% to 8%. Actual national debt with go UP because interest rates will go up, thus defeating the purpose of supposedly reducing the national debt. And stock market losses will be about $10 trillion.

So, this has nothing to do with good governance. They just see destroying the lives of Americans as an acceptable cost in their thirst for power.

👍

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

And the order came from Trump, who wants America to burn so he can win an election and steal more from us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh? They go to school for starters. You’re Fockin clueless.  Or lying. Grow up 

I’m not lying. But I don’t know what to do with you guys. I’ve linked studies, shown statistics time after time and you discount them. These people pay a lot more into the system than they take out and yes that includes public schools and emergency rooms. The facts are very clear on this. You won’t believe it because you don’t want to believe it. 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I don’t understand giving illegals everything and encouraging mass flooding of the border hidden behind the lie of asylum seekers

i don’t like the gender sh1t being pushed down our throat non stop

i don’t understand the continued support for the proxy war we started and donating tax payers money to fund it, while veterans are homeless and can’t get the help they need

i also can’t stand the fact that still to this day if you disagree with a lib you are racist sexist homophobic transphobic nazi hitler on and on 

I will answer each point: 

1. Illegals aren’t given everything; in fact they’re not given anything. Your information is false. Second, the Biden Administration is not encouraging asylum seekers to come here. They’re coming here because they’re desperate. 

2. I asked what you didn’t understand not what you don’t like. But as far as shoving gender stuff down your throat, if conservatives didn’t talk about this issue it would rarely ever come up. 

3. I know you’ve been given the reasons why we support Ukraine. You don’t have to agree with those reasons but don’t pretend you don’t know them. And the money spent has nothing to do with helping out our homeless and veterans, which I agree with you we should do more of. 

4. Here’s one I agree with you on. Both sides tend to demonize their opponents, but in this area liberals are probably worse than conservatives. Liberals, and I’m one of them, tend to be self-righteous and virtue seeking a$$holes. We call you racist and bigots when you disagree with us because it makes us feel superior. That being said there ARE racists and bigots out there but far less than we pretend. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

1. Illegals aren’t given everything; in fact they’re not given anything. Your information is false. Second, the Biden Administration is not encouraging asylum seekers to come here. They’re coming here because they’re desperate. 

😆

2. I asked what you didn’t understand not what you don’t like. But as far as shoving gender stuff down your throat, if conservatives didn’t talk about this issue it would rarely ever come up. 

😆😆

3. I know you’ve been given the reasons why we support Ukraine. You don’t have to agree with those reasons but don’t pretend you don’t know them. And the money spent has nothing to do with helping out our homeless and veterans, which I agree with you we should do more of. 

😆

4. Liberals, and I’m one of them, are self-righteous and virtue seeking a$$holes who are all stupid as shlt.

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m not lying. But I don’t know what to do with you guys. I’ve linked studies, shown statistics time after time and you discount them. These people pay a lot more into the system than they take out and yes that includes public schools and emergency rooms. The facts are very clear on this. You won’t believe it because you don’t want to believe it. 

I pay every “tax” they pay. And much more. Cut the nonsense. And you also don’t care that they are uneducated and resources in the school are taken from our kids and given to them. Why are you ok with that ? How many ESL teachers do we have to hire? Schools are crowded enough as it is.  You just don’t care, it doesn’t affect you. 

28 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

They're retarded.  When presented with facts they deny and stick to their script.  Nothing you can do.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You just don’t care, it doesn’t affect you. 

Like you and the debt ceiling.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Like you and the debt ceiling.

Yup.  What a clown. Comparing the education of kids to some fake bullshit drama that will be forgotten in short order. It’s like you just started paying attention. And still can’t figure out the game. 

46 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

4. Here’s one I agree with you on. Both sides tend to demonize their opponents, but in this area liberals are probably worse than conservatives. Liberals, and I’m one of them, tend to be self-righteous and virtue seeking a$$holes. We call you racist and bigots when you disagree with us because it makes us feel superior. That being said there ARE racists and bigots out there but far less than we pretend. 

Ok just no 1

I employ over 50 illegals. I know what they are getting

And yes only liberals and this administration is calling them asylum seekers. I don’t care if they are desperate that’s still not an excuse or reason. 

56 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I can link you studies that say otherwise.  But we both know you'll choose which you want to believe as will everyone else.  But to act as if your studies are the gospel unequivocable truth on this matter isn't honest discussion.

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I pay every “tax” they pay. And much more. Cut the nonsense. And you also don’t care that they are uneducated and resources in the school are taken from our kids and given to them. Why are you ok with that ? How many ESL teachers do we have to hire? Schools are crowded enough as it is.  You just don’t care, it doesn’t affect you. 

My kids went to public schools. They probably had some classmates who were not here legally. And the school district we attended did have some ESL classes. Of course it affects me, public education affects all of us. Of course I care. I simply disagree with your solution, which apparently is to kick the illegal kids out of school and deport them and their parents. You support politicians who want to separate these kids from their parents. I won’t accept that. 

These sh!tlibs aren’t worth replying directly to any longer mostly because they suck hard on the topic. The 14 amendment gives their anchor babies birthright citizenship. That qualifies them for welfare benefits. That puts more than half of them using welfare benefits. Add in that the annual costs per student in places like California are 32k per, it cost a half a million the publicly educate an anchor baby through high school. That doesn’t include the snap, tanf, section 8, Medicaid and other welfare benefits they qualify for because their parents work under the table or using a stolen identity and they show no income. 

let’s look to the future now. We are experiencing an invasion of millions of people who are mostly illiterate in their own language to do very low skilled jobs. These low skilled jobs are the first in line to be replaced by AI and automation. Estimates put this in the next 10 years. 

So in 10 years we will have 50 million people in this country that can’t read or write English. Can’t read or write in Spanish, with no transferable skills, just hanging out because robots are now doing the jobs they were doing yesterday. Are we doomed or not?

• Thanks 2

Typical biden.  Threatens no social security checks if gubment defaults.  Nice scare tactics.  Yep.  Threaten the senior citizens.

How about witholding the bloated governments paychecks???  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Typical biden.  Threatens no social security checks if gubment defaults.  Nice scare tactics.  Yep.  Threaten the senior citizens.

How about witholding the bloated governments paychecks???  

But my paycheck will still have FICA taken out, deal or no deal.  So why won’t checks get cut? Also, too many Fockin losers on bullshit SS disability.  It’s out of control. I could go down to any bar in America in the middle of the day and they’ll be worthless bums sitting on their ass drinking and collecting disability.  

29 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

These sh!tlibs aren’t worth replying directly to any longer mostly because they suck hard on the topic. The 14 amendment gives their anchor babies birthright citizenship. That qualifies them for welfare benefits. That puts more than half of them using welfare benefits. Add in that the annual costs per student in places like California are 32k per, it cost a half a million the publicly educate an anchor baby through high school. That doesn’t include the snap, tanf, section 8, Medicaid and other welfare benefits they qualify for because their parents work under the table or using a stolen identity and they show no income. 

let’s look to the future now. We are experiencing an invasion of millions of people who are mostly illiterate in their own language to do very low skilled jobs. These low skilled jobs are the first in line to be replaced by AI and automation. Estimates put this in the next 10 years. 

So in 10 years we will have 50 million people in this country that can’t read or write English. Can’t read or write in Spanish, with no transferable skills, just hanging out because robots are now doing the jobs they were doing yesterday. Are we doomed or not?

We’re not doomed at all. And the whole point of education is that they’re not doomed to low skill jobs. 

Your position on this issue is not connected to reality. If it was you would be for some sort of amnesty as the only solution that makes sense. And orderly, relatively open immigration. 

Kids in Baltimore and other shitlib cities can’t read. Think about that. They can not read, in 2023. Let’s bring in even dumber kids. Pack em in.  

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But my paycheck will still have FICA taken out, deal or no deal.  So why won’t checks get cut? Also, too many Fockin losers on bullshit SS disability.  It’s out of control. I could go down to any bar in America in the middle of the day and they’ll be worthless bums sitting on their ass drinking and collecting disability.  

Not who I was referencing...i was thinking of the elderly

20 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

We’re not doomed at all. And the whole point of education is that they’re not doomed to low skill jobs. 

Your position on this issue is not connected to reality. If it was you would be for some sort of amnesty as the only solution that makes sense. And orderly, relatively open immigration. 

You have no answer for what to do with 10s of millions of illiterates once automation can do the jobs they are currently doing. You going to teach them to code?

NYC schools are using crossing guards, food workers and other students to translate for the migrant kids that have been packed into schools there. Hey Tim, think any actual learning is happening if that kind of insanity  is going on? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

NYC schools are using crossing guards, food workers and other students to translate for the migrant kids that have been packed into schools there. Hey Tim, think any actual learning is happening if that kind of insanity  is going on? 

They have the lowest 4 year cohort graduation rate 

30 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

You have no answer for what to do with 10s of millions of illiterates once automation can do the jobs they are currently doing. You going to teach them to code?

That’s a world wide problem nobody has an answer for. You think we can solve it by slamming our doors shut? That’s crazy. 

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

That’s a world wide problem nobody has an answer for. You think we can solve it by slamming our doors shut? That’s crazy. 

The crazy part is having 50 million unemployed illiterates consuming benefits that are entitled to citizens. Tim’s clown world.