Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Kupp Hurt Again

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

Good point. Perhaps Stafford can fix some of Higbees inefficiencies.

what were Higbees numbers in 2021 with Stafford? Everett was probably still on the team, I just don't recall Stafford ever utilizing his TEs much.   61-560-5.. solid.

I think if Kupp continues to miss time, Jefferson and Higbee would both be beneficiaries. 

3 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Hurt or help Akers?

Probably hurt... fewer extended drives and goal line situations.

53 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Probably hurt... fewer extended drives and goal line situations.

yeah anything that hurts the offense as a whole usually will hurt the RB.

if the team has a good line it could help the RB if they pivot to run the ball more, but the Rams line is not that good so I'd bet against that scenario.

In a 2-QB where QBs have a high priority due to scarcity and the points they score, the Rodgers owner offered me Kupp for Geno Smith! Right now he has Allen and Ridder and nothing else. And there's no QBs who play available.

But if I trade Geno, I'll have to start Tannehill or Z Wilson as my #2 QB.

Would you risk it?

2 hours ago, Law said:

In a 2-QB where QBs have a high priority due to scarcity and the points they score, the Rodgers owner offered me Kupp for Geno Smith! Right now he has Allen and Ridder and nothing else. And there's no QBs who play available.

Would you risk it?

Yikes.

the offer is reasonably fair.   Assuming Kupp misses only 4 games. 

but it is also possible he misses 5 or 6 but some reports I saw earlier suggested he could be out a while (whatever that means).

if WR is a position of serious need, you may want to consider this, but in the end you are creating a weakness at QB in return for shoring up the WR position.  its like robbing peter to pay paul. 

I have somewhat stopped paying attention to the drama that is the Kupp injury situation as I own zero shares in that mess.   but I will say this....

if it looks like Kupp could miss more than 5 or 6 games, this deal may not be worth it even if Kupp returns and plays well (which is not by any means guaranteed)

I would suggest you do whatever research you can to see if you can find any clue as to timelines for recovery.   if you dont have a reasonable timeline, this is a very dangerous move to make.

like I said.... if it looks like more than 5 or 6 games, you probably want no part of this.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Law said:

Would you risk it?

no. Geno may regress quite a bit this season but you'd be putting yourself in a situation almost as bad as the guy offering you the trade is currently in. QBs are king in start 2 leagues. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

no. Geno may regress quite a bit this season but you'd be putting yourself in a situation almost as bad as the guy offering you the trade is currently in. QBs are king in start 2 leagues. 

Why would he regress ?  2nd year in system, some beasts weapons to throw to, excellent RB.

23 minutes ago, plasma george said:

Why would he regress ?  2nd year in system, some beasts weapons to throw to, excellent RB.

because he historically was not a good QB? Im happy for the guy but there has to be at least some concern of turning into a pumpkin, no?

59 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

because he historically was not a good QB? Im happy for the guy but there has to be at least some concern of turning into a pumpkin, no?

I'm hopeful, probably the best offensive players around him.  Would you rather have Purdy or Stafford ?  both on WW I'm looking at, albeit Staffor has SF and no Kupp.

18 minutes ago, plasma george said:

I'm hopeful, probably the best offensive players around him.  Would you rather have Purdy or Stafford ?  both on WW I'm looking at, albeit Staffor has SF and no Kupp.

not saying id rather have either of them.  I think Geno is someone to hold onto for the guy who was in the 2 QB league, thats all. Even if he does regress this year, starting QBs are gold in those formats. 

in a regular league, i'm keeping Geno over Stafford or Purdy but I am surprised those guys are available and not on other teams as backups. 

If I could be sure Kupp would be back W5 I would have given it more thought but I'm not so I couldn't pull that trigger.

In the end, I tried to get Pittman or Addison for Tannehill but settled for London. I don't think Tannehill starts all year and London actually caught passes last year so I think he will again. So I traded 1 of 5 QBs and still have decent backup (for a 2 QB league) and added a WR projected before W1 to be a top 30 guy this year.

Kupp hasn't played a football game since Week 10 of last season, a year which he finished with 75 catches fro 812 yards and three touchdowns in nine games and he was put on the PUP to start the year after having the ENTIRE off season to get healthy. What are the chances he is just not going to be able to come back this year? I like to read he tea leaves and this is what Mcvay had to say about Kupp when asked about him. 

"We are hopeful about that," McVay told reporters, via a Rams transcript. "I want to be careful to say, but the reason that we put him on IR was so that you know if it's going to be those four weeks that he's mandated to be able to miss and then we can take him off of the IR and be available for that fifth week. That was the reason that we made that decision that we did last week because you don't know what's going to really come up."

That is a whole lot of weak coach speak for we will play him if he is healthy and with Puka doing his best Kupp impression are they going to be pushing him to get back at less than 100 percent?