Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Where's AxeElf?

no idea. 

all I know is on another thread I noted he hadnt posted in a while.   its weird, usually around this time hes gloating about how his draft was better than all of ours.

…asked no one, ever 

• Like 4

I didn't agree with all of Axe's takes, but I enjoyed the boldness of them. And the volume of posts. Come back Elf!

To his credit, he proved me wrong about Derrick Henry last year. Way wrong.

12 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I didn't agree with all of Axe's takes, but I enjoyed the boldness of them. And the volume of posts. Come back Elf!

To his credit, he proved me wrong about Derrick Henry last year. Way wrong.

Hes a smart guy.   

it wasnt his advice I didnt like, it was the way he delivered the advice.

7 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

He’s dead?

No I think he just finds new ff message boards and tries to begin anew hoping no one knows him and his past. Click the link in my earlier response, it’s a new ff message board created by some of the guys from the now defunct rotoworld/edge message board.

32 minutes ago, kolp said:

No I think he just finds new ff message boards and tries to begin anew hoping no one knows him and his past. Click the link in my earlier response, it’s a new ff message board created by some of the guys from the now defunct rotoworld/edge message board.

well, I think he wore out his welcome with a few people.  maybe feels he doesnt get the respect he deserves.

hes decent in terms of knowledge but the delivery of that knowledge rubbed people the wrong way.   its that whole I never screw up so you should listen to me thing.

we all make mistakes.  but trying to tell everyone you're perfect?   come on.

either way, I do still think he was an asset to the board.   he certainly liked his drafts with funky rules but those posts were at times informative and interesting.

I didn't mind his schtick except for the fact that he could never admit when he was wrong.  

38 minutes ago, nobody said:

I didn't mind his schtick except for the fact that he could never admit when he was wrong.  

yeah, the whole I'm perfect and all of you are not thing.   fully agree.

1 hour ago, kolp said:

Hah. I just clicked on it. He’s starting on every thread on every player. 
I guess he’s just nuts.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Hah. I just clicked on it. He’s starting on every thread on every player. 
I guess he’s just nuts.

I noticed last year he was posting more on the Fantasy Edge message bored than he was on here, so it doesn’t surprise me that he just migrated there completely (the new forum, bettoringreen). I remember when he first joined here in like 2015 he wanted so bad to be like an original FFtoday member or something, there’s guys on here from like ‘99 when Mike started this site. I think there he can hit the reset button on his past, and brag in 20 years that he was a founding member of that message bored.

Has Anybody here but me seen AxeElf's real life photo,? Back in like 2005 when almost everybody here used his photo as there avatar...it was epic 

10 minutes ago, pipeman said:

I’m sure a few of you remember the “trial” a few years ago on the Huddle. Good stuff.

https://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/400303-the-huddle-vs-axe-elf-a-grand-jury-hearing/

wow, I didnt know the man had a history.   those looked like serious charges......

3 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Has Anybody here but me seen AxeElf's real life photo,? Back in like 2005 when almost everybody here used his photo as there avatar...it was epic 

Yeah, he used to use both an angry Indian looking photo of himself, as well as a Glamour Shots photo of his wife. Can’t remember which site it was, but someone posted a bunch of his personal stuff on a forum board. He’s beloved everywhere he goes.

Guy is not any more knowledgeable about FF than anyone else with time for the hobby. The worst part about him is the never ending schtick that appears to not even be schtick as much as it is his actual personality. He has snuck onto (and been kicked off of) multiple IBL teams. Never FFToday but I’m guessing the major reason was he doesn’t play well with others. 

The only thing I remember about him was during an IBL season years ago, while he was inflating his ego as usual, I somehow got him to admit to moving to Vegas area and losing all his money trying to be a day trader. 

no idea if that was actually true 

Plus I feel like all the leagues he talks about with his draft updates are just random free leagues on espn or yahoo with strangers. 
I would bet he creates a lot of them with weird rules and scoring and then invites random people to fill them. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Plus I feel like all the leagues he talks about with his draft updates are just random free leagues on espn or yahoo with strangers. 
I would bet he creates a lot of them with weird rules and scoring and then invites random people to fill them. 

well, if you design the league along with the wacky rules, in theory you should know how to win them

Careful. If you says his name 3x, he pops up and never goes away. Kinda like herpes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Law said:

Careful. If you says his name 3x, he pops up and never goes away. Kinda like herpes.

like Betelgeuse?

• Like 1

I figured he finally finished his book, Elf On Himself, and was working hard to get it through the publisher before the season started.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I figured he finally finished his book, Elf On Himself, and was working hard to get it through the publisher before the season started.

that explains his absence.   ok nothing to see here!

Lets carry on!

I can only imagine what this guy looks like, I’m sure it was pure gold. 
I called him JesterElf because he was a joke. 
He was certifiably the most narcissistic person. I think I’ve ever come across at FF today and I have been around here longer than just about anybody