Mike FF Today

M.I.A. D'Andre Swift

Shocking 

keeping him fresh so he doesnt get hurt?

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

keeping him fresh so he doesnt get hurt?

Good move for the Eagles, horrible for ff owners. 

The eagles are kind of like the Patriots with RBs

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Good move for the Eagles, horrible for ff owners. 

Swift owner here, it didn't seem like a good move for Eagles, Patriots made adjustments and got back into the game.  Watching Gainwell, he did nothing spectacular, running in open holes and being tackled by the first defender.  Swift is bigger, stronger, makes guys miss.  He ran out of the backfield a few times, picked up by a LB, but no designed screens, / RPOs, like when he was in Detroit and changed games.

2 hours ago, plasma george said:

Swift owner here, it didn't seem like a good move for Eagles, Patriots made adjustments and got back into the game.  Watching Gainwell, he did nothing spectacular, running in open holes and being tackled by the first defender.  Swift is bigger, stronger, makes guys miss.  He ran out of the backfield a few times, picked up by a LB, but no designed screens, / RPOs, like when he was in Detroit and changed games.

Purely sarcasm Watson.  

6 hours ago, bimmer said:

With Gainwell out for TNF ... will he shine be RB2 or neh?

Finally showed up tonight.....

15 hours ago, bimmer said:

Finally showed up tonight.....

well, who else were they gonna use?

the line completely pushed the Vikings front around.  it was a total mismatch (which helped a lot)

On 9/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, plasma george said:

Humble  brag

i posted in little help board Swift could have a breakout first home  game in Philly 

Big play D Swift just might be alive.   

So happy my opponent left him on the bench and left AJ Brown in his starting line up! 😆

Finally I made good roster decisions. Didn't play Swift week 1, played him week 2. :thumbsup:

But I am playing against Cousins. :wall:

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Finally I made good roster decisions. Didn't play Swift week 1, played him week 2. :thumbsup:

But I am playing against Cousins. :wall:

I was going to bench him after week 1 dud... started him because Gainwell reportedly out and boy did he have a good game...

wonder what next week holds if Gainwell plays... hmmmm

1 hour ago, bimmer said:

I was going to bench him after week 1 dud... started him because Gainwell reportedly out and boy did he have a good game...

wonder what next week holds if Gainwell plays... hmmmm

No freaking clue what next will be. Maybe he'll get 2 more carries. :dunno:

21 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

No Way, he looked absolutely fantastic, fast, quick cuts, excellent vision, powerful, Eagles will use that weapon and have a great balance to the offense.  Just won't get goaline with Hurts unstoppable sneaks.

3 minutes ago, plasma george said:

No Way, he looked absolutely fantastic, fast, quick cuts, excellent vision, powerful, Eagles will use that weapon and have a great balance to the offense.  Just won't get goaline with Hurts unstoppable sneaks.

So all of a sudden Philthadephia realized he's good? But not good enough for week 1 over Gainwell?

20 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

So all of a sudden Philthadephia realized he's good? But not good enough for week 1 over Gainwell?

I don't have an answer, no one does, it was discussed and joked about by Ex Eagles on the Post Game show, like Ron Jaworski.  Jaws is old school, Keep it simple and feed Swift and keep Jalen off the hits., he was practically banging his fists, thought his fat head was gonna pop off.

Eagles adjusted from the 1st quarter where Jalen kept keeping the RPOs, fans were booing, next 3 quarters he kept giving those to Swift.

Eagles fans will be calling for Coach's head if he comes out trying to be too fancy.

41 minutes ago, plasma george said:

I don't have an answer, no one does, it was discussed and joked about by Ex Eagles on the Post Game show, like Ron Jaworski.  Jaws is old school, Keep it simple and feed Swift and keep Jalen off the hits., he was practically banging his fists, thought his fat head was gonna pop off.

Eagles adjusted from the 1st quarter where Jalen kept keeping the RPOs, fans were booing, next 3 quarters he kept giving those to Swift.

Eagles fans will be calling for Coach's head if he comes out trying to be too fancy.

Hey, I'm all for it. That doesn't mean I trust it. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Hey, I'm all for it. That doesn't mean I trust it. 

I hear you

I'm a little scared if the RBBC Eagles love to use but Swift did stay in the game a lot 

I Have to stay positive I’m thin at RB 

3 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

far more likely he makes 8-12 carries and gets injured and misses half the season.

honestly in real football you start the best player until they get hurt.   not sure why they didnt start him in week 1 but after a performance like that you really cant justify sitting him.  He literally kicked the door down and forced the team to play him.

cant argue with that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

far more likely he makes 8-12 carries and gets injured and misses half the season.

honestly in real football you start the best player until they get hurt.   not sure why they didnt start him in week 1 but after a performance like that you really cant justify sitting him.  He literally kicked the door down and forced the team to play him.

cant argue with that.

😆 I hate you. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

😆 I hate you. 

sorry.

dont shoot the messenger.   I do think that scenario is more likely.   I cant see the team benching him again after a performance like that.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

sorry.

dont shoot the messenger.   I do think that scenario is more likely.   I cant see the team benching him again after a performance like that.

Oh hell. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Oh hell. 

for the record, I also think there is a better chance he ends up in a scandal with deSean Watson in a massage parlor.

like I said zero chance the bench him.  I dont think thats a realistic scenario unless hes already injured.

Interesting stat I heard today - in the Thursday night game, Swift racked 133 yards BEFORE CONTACT.  Good Eagles o-line, bad Vikings defense, good running by Swift...?  Probably all three, but that o-line deserves most credit IMO. Crazy stat. 

Watching the game Swift looked intense and was on a mission. I think the Eagles usage in week 1 pissed him off.

6 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Interesting stat I heard today - in the Thursday night game, Swift racked 133 yards BEFORE CONTACT.  Good Eagles o-line, bad Vikings defense, good running by Swift...?  Probably all three, but that o-line deserves most credit IMO. Crazy stat. 

Eagles good o-line is another benefit of owning and starting Swift.  

6 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Ok. Million dollar question. How many touches does Swift get in week 3?

75% Swift / 25% Gainwell

So.... 15-20 carries and 3 rec.  Td's will be the fluky/unpredictable stat... due to Hurts tush-push and Gainwell goal line work.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

75% Swift / 25% Gainwell

So.... 15-20 carries and 3 rec.  Td's will be the fluky/unpredictable stat... due to Hurts tush-push and Gainwell goal line work.

But why only 2 touches in game 1? I just don't trust philly. But. I will play Swift next week. They can't give him 30+ touches again though. That's for sure. Maybe next week will be Penny's turn? Nothing is easy with running backs any more.

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

But why only 2 touches in game 1? I just don't trust philly. But. I will play Swift next week. They can't give him 30+ touches again though. That's for sure. Maybe next week will be Penny's turn? Nothing is easy with running backs any more.

Maybe they saved him for week 2 since it was a Thursday game.

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Nobody understands Week 1. It's not like Gainwell was blowing up at 3.8 ypc. Maybe something at practice coaches didn't like in Swift.?. Who knows, but they had to play Swift this week and he looked great, so makes sense they ride the hot hand. As for Penny... he's completely out of the picture - doing return work now.

Nobody would be shocked if the Eagles did split Gainwell and Swift 50/50, because the Eagles backfield has always been weird. But my hunch is Swift earned the coaches trust this week and probably gets closer to 70-75% of carries. We shall see...

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Nobody understands Week 1. It's not like Gainwell was blowing up at 3.8 ypc. Maybe something at practice coaches didn't like in Swift.?. Who knows, but they had to play Swift this week and he looked great, so makes sense they ride the hot hand. As for Penny... he's completely out of the picture - doing return work now.

Nobody would be shocked if the Eagles did split Gainwell and Swift 50/50, because the Eagles backfield has always been weird. But my hunch is Swift earned the coaches trust this week and probably gets closer to 70-75% of carries. We shall see...

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Maybe they saved him for week 2 since it was a Thursday game.

Yeah, could be.