Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Mike Williams Out for the Year - Torn ACL

Since Williams is done for the year.then it's.Josh Palmer next ul. He should be a decent waiver add. Quentin Johnston won't see.as.many snaps as.Palmer. Kelly did.squat Sunday so.I guess.it's up to Herbert and Allen to carry the team. Hope Ekeler gets back healthy soon or the Chargers are gonna struggle to win.

Palmer hasn’t shown much thus far. Last year he had 107 targets but woe was you if you relied on him for anything.

I’d rather roll the dice with Quentin. At least there’s hope he could become startable 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Palmer hasn’t shown much thus far. Last year he had 107 targets but woe was you if you relied on him for anything.

I’d rather roll the dice with Quentin. At least there’s hope he could become startable 

That's my thinking. Palmer had numerous opportunities to prove himself last year between Allen and Williams injuries. He didn't step up. In his defense, the Chargers had a dink/dunk coordinator so maybe that played some part, but doesn't explain everything.  I don't think Palmer will ever be an alpha Wr.

Quentin on the other hand... might take a few more games for the rookie to adjust to the NFL, but by mid-season I think he'll be the one to own.

To many variables here, I’ll be passing on trying to pick any of them up this week.  Even if you own one of them, when do you start that one.   

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Quentin hasnt had a lot of action thus far.  I had hoped he would push for the WR2 spot but there appeared to be very little push.

Some teams do bring along their WR's more slowly than others so it may not be about that.

The talent IS there.  its just a question about what the coach thinks.   Hes the man making the call on this.

Really unfortunate. Feel bad for him.

• Haha 1

Q is another guy that can only run in a straight line.  Bonus is he has suspect hands.

But Palmer and Johnston essentially play different positions.  Johnston will get some deep shots in Mike Williams place, but Palmer is going to be the slant and intermediate route guy.

I previously traded for Justin Herbert and Keenan Allen to a guy desperate for an RB with me giving up Aaron Jones and Daniel Jones. :banana:

And no, I'm not cheering on an injury. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

I previously traded for Justin Herbert and Keenan Allen to a guy desperate for an RB with me giving up Aaron Jones and Daniel Jones. :banana:

And no, I'm not cheering on an injury. 

Sounds fake 

Maybe God can clear that up for you.

he doesnt talk to us lonely Peons.   and if he did that person has likely been told by the rest of us hes lost his mind and is on anti psycotic drugs to treat that.

so if God is talking to you, its best you dont tell the world about it.

Maybe God can clear that up for you.

37 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

he doesnt talk to us lonely Peons.   and if he did that person has likely been told by the rest of us hes lost his mind and is on anti psycotic drugs to treat that.

so if God is talking to you, its best you dont tell the world about it.

Hey boys, let’s take this chat to the geek board.  I’ll be there in a minute to clear this up for you both.  

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hey boys, let’s take this chat to the geek board.  I’ll be there in a minute to clear this up for you both.  

I agree, this convo does not belong in a fantasy football thread.   I will exit this conversation now.

42 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Fock off. I've heard enough. 

Geek board.  

Not sure why people are so lukewarm on Palmer.  He stands to be a near-every down player in a high volume passing attack with a stud QB.  I'll take that shot, thank you.

He put up 800 yards as just an occasional starter last year in a less than great season for Herbert.  And, oh by the way, not trying to predict injuries, but Keenen Allen is a higher-than-normal injury risk if you look at his career track record, and he's now 31, so...

Johnston is certainly intriguing as a prospect, but there's just not enough sample size to say much about him except that he's been running well behind Palmer in the pecking order.  Like others have said, he's likely to be a situational deep threat that gets some of the deep looks that Mike Williams would have gotten.  Other than that...?