RLLD

The Bidenomics Thread : Please Post Your Examples

Link

the mean net worth of an American household, adjusted for inflation, was $1.06 million in 2022, according to the Federal Reserve’s consumer finance survey.

In comparison, in 2019 the mean net worth of an average household was $868,000, marking a 23% jump.

Despite the economic challenges brought about by the pandemic and then war in Ukraine, the average household was significantly better off last year than before the pandemic.

Even when looking at the median—another measure of the average, which represents the midpoint in the ranking and is less likely to be skewed by exceptionally high or low numbers—the typical American household was worth $192,900.

Although that figure is less exciting for aspirational workers, it still represents an impressive after-inflation gain of 37% over three years.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Link

the mean net worth of an American household, adjusted for inflation, was $1.06 million in 2022, according to the Federal Reserve’s consumer finance survey.

In comparison, in 2019 the mean net worth of an average household was $868,000, marking a 23% jump.

Despite the economic challenges brought about by the pandemic and then war in Ukraine, the average household was significantly better off last year than before the pandemic.

Even when looking at the median—another measure of the average, which represents the midpoint in the ranking and is less likely to be skewed by exceptionally high or low numbers—the typical American household was worth $192,900.

Although that figure is less exciting for aspirational workers, it still represents an impressive after-inflation gain of 37% over three years.

Did you get your minor in finance the same place as GutterBoy?

Keep reading the article dummy, it isn't saying what you think it does:

Booming housing market creates millionaires

The research highlights the importance of getting on the property ladder if you want to build wealth. 

The median only rose because it includes the cost of people's home and properties.  Yeah that's good for people who own them.  But you can't say that's a good thing going forward with mortgage rates at 8%.  :lol:

Oh then there is this:

Still, 3.5 million people lost millionaire status last year

Although the average household is getting richer, the actual number of millionaires is declining.

Only the people flush with cash are getting ahead of everyone else relatively.  I'm on board, piles of cash earing 5%+ with zero risk because of inflation, yes please.  Fok the poors.  Rich getting richer raises the average you're touting.  :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Link

I’ll be sure to pass that info along at the gas station and the supermarket. It should make everyone paying a lot more feel better. Should I also tell them the GDP is slightly above where it was 4 years ago? 

14 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Did you get your minor in finance the same place as GutterBoy?

Keep reading the article dummy, it isn't saying what you think it does:

The median only rose because it includes the cost of people's home and properties.  Yeah that's good for people who own them.  But you can't say that's a good thing going forward with mortgage rates at 8%.  :lol:

Oh then there is this:

Only the people flush with cash are getting ahead of everyone else relatively.  I'm on board, piles of cash earing 5%+ with zero risk because of inflation, yes please.  Fok the poors.  Rich getting richer raises the average you're touting.  :thumbsup:

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ll be sure to pass that info along at the gas station and the supermarket. It should make everyone paying a lot more feel better. Should I also tell them the GDP is slightly above where it was 4 years ago? 

It’s bad that the median wealth of US households has gone up! 

Just now, thegeneral said:

It’s bad that the median wealth of us  household has gone up! 

If you’ll look a few posts up your claim has been debunked. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you’ll look a few posts up your claim has been debunked. 

There was no debunking only bunking. 

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

There was no debunking only bunking. 

You don't understand, it's over your head, that's ok.  I'll take it a little slower this time.

When the average (reported as higher than a million! despite including home values) goes up yet the number of actual millionaires decreases.  That mean the rich are getting richer.

When the median rises (reported at 190K) and matches almost exactly what the stock market did over that time.  That means the middle class, those with retirement plans and stock options, are getting richer.  The lower class may be contributing to the median, but, it doesn't matter at all if wages don't exceed inflation, zero.

All that means 3 things generally:

- Rich are still getting richer and don't feel inflation hardly at all.

- Middle class can afford the inflation and hopefully have equity in their properties.  Might have to put off retirement a couple years, harder to put a kid through colllege, etc.

- Fok the poor.  They can't afford inflation and they are extremely screwed for being a home owner any time soon with 8% mortgage rates.  

7 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

You don't understand, it's over your head, that's ok.  I'll take it a little slower this time.

When the average (reported as higher than a million! despite including home values) goes up yet the number of actual millionaires decreases.  That mean the rich are getting richer.

When the median rises (reported at 190K) and matches almost exactly what the stock market did over that time.  That means the middle class, those with retirement plans and stock options, are getting richer.  The lower class may be contributing to the median, but, it doesn't matter at all if wages don't exceed inflation, zero.

- Middle class can afford the inflation and hopefully have equity in their properties.  Might have to put off retirement a couple years, harder to put a kid through colllege, etc.

- Fok the poor.  They can't afford inflation and they are extremely screwed for being a home owner any time soon with 8% mortgage rates.  

Yes I understand you care deeply about poor people and that you wouldn’t be touting this if team red tie was in charge. 

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Yes I understand you care deeply about poor people and that you wouldn’t be touting this if team red tie was in charge. 

How do you help poor people? 90% of poor people I don't care about. 

29 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

They can always rent someone else’s condo. 

9 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

How do you help poor people? 90% of poor people I don't care about. 

Great question Seafoam! 

Roger is upset that people who don’t own property or are able to put money into the market have not enjoyed that some growth as those who are over these past few years.

Welcome to the blue team, Rog!

25 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

He clearly said he didn’t care about poor people.  But thanks strawman. 

28 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You've gone full fvcktard

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Great question Seafoam! 

Roger is upset that people who don’t own property or are able to put money into the market have not enjoyed that some growth as those who are over these past few years.

Welcome to the blue team, Rog!

I didn't ask Roger. 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Look I can explain it to you again, but, I cant make you understand it.  Here I'll try one more time by proving it mathematically. 

Average = 5 . Median = 5

Average = 6. Median = 9.

So you can see the mean and average can both increase and its not necessarily a good thing for everybody. All the numbers in this case lower than 5 fell lower.  There are hints to that actually happening right in the article and I've explained others.  

Do you really think a 50K income household is better off than they were in 2019?  This article sure doesn't prove that. I dont care about poor people, but, kind of surprised you dont.  

:first:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RogerDodger said:

Look I can explain it to you again, but, I cant make you understand it.  Here I'll try one more time by proving it mathematically. 

Average = 5 . Mean = 5

Average = 6. Mean = 9.

So you can see the mean and average can oth increase and its not necessarily a good thing for everybody. All the numbers in this case lower then 5 fell lower.  There are hints to that actually happening right in the article and I've explained others.  

Do you really think a 50K income household is better off than they were in 2019?  This article sure doesn't prove that. I dont care about poor people, but, kind of surprised you dont.  

I haven’t offered anything except this article. You can’t help yourself 😂

14 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I haven’t offered anything except this article. You can’t help yourself 😂

The article was bad enough, but, dont sell your stupidity short. You sarcastically said:

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

It’s bad that the median wealth of US households has gone up! 

As I just proved it can be, depending on your postion and view.  Any type of wealth redistribution that some people advocate for would drive down the median. They want to see it go down.  

29 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Average = 5 . Mean = 5

Average = 6. Mean = 9.

So you can see the mean and average can both increase and its not necessarily a good thing for everybody. All the numbers in this case lower than 5 fell lower.  There are hints to that actually happening right in the article and I've explained others.  

You expect Libs to understand basic math? Cmon man. 

• Thanks 2

The article was bad enough, but, dont sell your stupidity short. You sarcastically said:

As I just proved it can be, depending on your postion and view.  Any type of wealth redistribution that some people advocate for would drive down the median. They want to see it go down.  

Yes depending on your position and view. Are you personally happy with this?

6 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

You expect Libs to understand basic math? Cmon man. 

Exactly. They think men can menstruate. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Exactly. They think men can menstruate. 

You probably are having a heavy flow day!

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Yes depending on your position and view. Are you personally happy with this?

You first. 

41 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Do you really think a 50K income household is better off than they were in 2019?  

46 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Average = 5 . Mean = 5

Average = 6. Mean = 9.

Anyone gonna tell him that he meant to say median instead of mean? 😂

I love when he tries to explain things.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Average = 5 . Mean = 5

Average = 6. Mean = 9.

In your second example, more than half the people improved, right?

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I love when he tries to explain things.

Immediately turns around and has to have it explained to him.  :doh:

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

In your second example, more than half the people improved, right?

Saw some crazy statistic the other day. Someone buying a $400k house with 20% down is paying $1000 more a month than 2 years ago......haven't verified .

7 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Saw some crazy statistic the other day. Someone buying a $400k house with 20% down is paying $1000 more a month than 2 years ago......haven't verified .

You can just plug the numbers in a mortgage calculator. Do you think the Fed should lower interest rates?

13 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Immediately turns around and has to have it explained to him.  :doh:

What do you mean? 😂

21 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

You can just plug the numbers in a mortgage calculator. Do you think the Fed should lower interest rates?

Definitely. The rich haven’t become rich enough. Maybe print some more money while we’re at it. Trickle up works great. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Definitely. The rich haven’t become rich enough. Maybe print some more money while we’re at it. Trickle up works great. 

Lower interest rates and get more money into the system?

I haven't read a single comment in this thread, but I finally watched The Big Short last night and of course thought of RLLD.  I'm assuming that the timeline about what and how it happened was close to accurate.

Damn, dude...Were you one of the characters in the movie?  Either way. Mucho props to you for calling it when you did. :cheers:
Also, Strike was right about selling for the profit, tho. 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Lower interest rates and get more money into the system?

Do they have sarcasm where you are from?  

12 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

Do you really think a 50K income household is better off than they were in 2019? 

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed.  @thegeneral is known for two things:

A - His one liner TDS hot takes that Orange Man Bad!

and

B - He has @shonuff disease where he has to get the last post in no matter what, see A.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see when proven wrong and and backed into a corner with the poignant question he runs off.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed.  @thegeneral is known for two things:

A - His one liner TDS hot takes that Orange Man Bad!

and

B - He has @shonuff disease where he has to get the last post in no matter what, see A.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see when proven wrong and and backed into a corner with the poignant question he runs off.

You didn't prove anything wrong.  All you did was try and take the data, which you didn't dispute, and put a different spin on it to try and make it look like people aren't as well off as the data suggests, and you did so in a comical way because you don't know math, but anyway, the data is the data, and is subject to interpretation, but not dispute.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You didn't prove anything wrong.  All you did was try and take the data, which you didn't dispute, and put a different spin on it to try and make it look like people aren't as well off as the data suggests, and you did so in a comical way because you don't know math, but anyway, the data is the data, and is subject to interpretation, but not dispute.

Love these 3rd grade thread summaries.  :lol: