RLLD

The Bidenomics Thread : Please Post Your Examples

2 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Love these 3rd grade thread summaries.  :lol:

“Subject to interpretation but not dispute “.  Huh? So you can’t dispute the interpretation ? Which is what is happening. Gutterboy out over his skis again.  He probably thought that was a profound statement.  

4 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Love these 3rd grade thread summaries.  :lol:

Love how you back out of discussions when proven wrong and only offer the same lame insults :lol:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“Subject to interpretation but not dispute “.  Huh? So you can’t dispute the interpretation ? Which is what is happening. Gutterboy out over his skis again.  He probably thought that was a profound statement.  

We're talking about the data, mall cop, you can't dispute the data, well I suppose you could but you'd have to bring different data, and 🐔  never did that.  So the data has never been disputed.

13 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

Look I can explain it to you again, but, I cant make you understand it.  Here I'll try one more time by proving it mathematically. 

Average = 5 . Mean = 5

Average = 6. Mean = 9.

Anyone that posts this has no right to talk about a metal helmet ever again :lol:

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Love how you back out of discussions when proven wrong and only offer the same lame insults :lol:

You wouldn't recognize a proof if it was laying on the floor in front of you, jumped up 18 inches and bit you in the nose.  Does your metal helmet come with a facemask? :lol:

Just now, RogerDodger said:

You wouldn't recognize a proof if it was laying on the floor in front of you, jumped up 18 inches and bit you in the nose.  Does your metal helmet come with a facemask? :lol:

Proves me right again

:first:

5 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

TILT

😂

And this is dodger throwing the gun.  :lol: He's such a simpleton.

We're done here.  He can get the last word.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

And this is dodger throwing the gun.  :lol: He's such a simpleton.

We're done here.  He can get the last word.

You know, you're always right Gutter.  I'm sorry, you're a really good guy.  I wish you all the best.  I hope your next stage in life comes with a ladder.  :lol:

13 hours ago, thegeneral said:

You can just plug the numbers in a mortgage calculator. Do you think the Fed should lower interest rates?

I'm not sure.....I do know that 8% is crushing people without large down payments in an already overpriced market. 

3 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

I'm not sure.....I do know that 8% is crushing people without large down payments in an already overpriced market. 

well then prices should come down.  That's the free market.

I remember my first mortgage was 8.25%  and I didn't cry about it.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

That’s the what the Fed is trying to accomplish by raising interest rates though, right? Slow down things and cool down spending across all areas including housing. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

well then prices should come down.  That's the free market.

I remember my first mortgage was 8.25%  and I didn't cry about it.

Let’s not bring up what the price was.  It’s a one sided calculation I guess. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let’s not bring up what the price was.  It’s a one sided calculation I guess. 

And what do you think is gonna happen to the price of homes as people are unable to afford the mortgage anymore?  Even an educated mall cop should be able to figure that out, or at least google it.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

And what do you think is gonna happen to the price of homes as people are unable to afford the mortgage anymore?  Even an educated mall cop should be able to figure that out, or at least google it.

I was referring to the bravery you displayed when you paid 8.25. But left out the price that you paid.  Our hero. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was referring to the bravery you displayed when you paid 8.25. But left out the price that you paid.  Our hero. 

My first house (a condo actually), I paid $112k, talked the guy down from $120k through the use of negotiation skills I learned from watching True Romance.  I think the mortgage was like $90k.  My second mortgage a few years later, my current house, was 7.75, and I mortgaged $500k.  We good now?

Just now, GutterBoy said:

My first house (a condo actually), I paid $112k, talked the guy down from $120k through the use of negotiation skills I learned from watching True Romance.  I think the mortgage was like $90k.  My second mortgage a few years later, my current house, was 7.75, and I mortgaged $500k.  We good now?

Wow. I bought my first place in the mid - 90’s and I never paid an interest rate that high. I would have co-signed for you if you needed it.  

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. I bought my first place in the mid - 90’s and I never paid an interest rate that high. I would have co-signed for you if you needed it.  

Like most Libs their bad credit causes less favorable terms like high rates etc as it’s well known they probably won’t fulfill their obligation and are high risk. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdGang said:

Like most Libs their bad credit causes less favorable terms like high rates etc as it’s well known they probably won’t fulfill their obligation and are high risk. 

I've never had credit issues, those were the going rates at the time.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I've never had credit issues, those were the going rates at the time.

I got your back if you need it. I’m all done using credit.  Straight cash homey! 

On 9/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, Horseman said:

Money Market accounts are 5%+, CDs 6%+.  It's a glass half full for those with zero debt and flush with cash.

I hope they shut down the government too so we can move cash into securities on the cheap.

:overhead: Let's go Bidenomics, fok the poor people!  

In November 2021, my fidelity MM was paying 0.01% today it's at 4.99%

49800.00% higher

Pretty impressive:

Washington, DCCNN — 

The US economy expanded at a remarkably strong pace in the third quarter, despite interest rates at their highest levelin 22 years.

Gross domestic product, a measure of all goods and services produced in the economy, grew at an annualized 4.9% rate in the third quarter, the Commerce Department reported Thursday. GDP is adjusted for inflation and seasonal swings.
That’s well above the second quarter’s 2.1% pace and faster than economists’ expectations of a 4.3% rate.

Robust consumer spending fueled growth in the third quarter, a sign of the economy’s surprising resilience in the face of tougher borrowing costs and persistently high inflation. Spending grew from July through September by an annualized rate of 4%, its strongest pace since the fourth quarter of 2021. Americans splurged both on goods and services.

US GDP expanded in the July-through-September period at its fastest pace in nearly two years, defying expectations in the aftermath of the spring banking crisis that the US economy would slip into recession by now. Not only have US consumers continued to open up their wallets, but other parts of the economy are also displaying some resilience.

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 11:04 PM, SUXBNME said:

I haven't read a single comment in this thread, but I finally watched The Big Short last night and of course thought of RLLD.  I'm assuming that the timeline about what and how it happened was close to accurate.

Damn, dude...Were you one of the characters in the movie?  Either way. Mucho props to you for calling it when you did. :cheers:
Also, Strike was right about selling for the profit, tho. 

If I were a character in that movie I would be Mark Baum.....he was almost the only one who had a moral code and strived to hold to it.

I was mostly entertained in the aftermath to laugh at all those who celebrated participating in the fraud and making money, and were ultimately harmed by their own reckless greed and lack of moral compass. 

Thanks for the recognition. :cheers:

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

Aka major corporations are seeing record profits, they aren't wrong, they just don't care about you 

If our goal is to secure relief, then we really need the White House to sustain this gaslighting.   If they do it loud and long enough, they average person suffering will absolutely vote Republican....and then we can have hope for relief. 

Fishkill NY. 1 slice, one small fountain drink.  7 bucks. 

Lowest unemployment on record.

5% GDP

Brough inflation brought on by Trump's horrible spending and handling of the pandemic back to reasonable levels

Wage growth like we've never seen.

There's not a single category that Biden doesn't trounce Trump in.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, thegeneral said:

Link

the mean net worth of an American household, adjusted for inflation, was $1.06 million in 2022, according to the Federal Reserve’s consumer finance survey.

In comparison, in 2019 the mean net worth of an average household was $868,000, marking a 23% jump.

Despite the economic challenges brought about by the pandemic and then war in Ukraine, the average household was significantly better off last year than before the pandemic.

Even when looking at the median—another measure of the average, which represents the midpoint in the ranking and is less likely to be skewed by exceptionally high or low numbers—the typical American household was worth $192,900.

Although that figure is less exciting for aspirational workers, it still represents an impressive after-inflation gain of 37% over three years.

It's funny how you picked that line when the headline of the article is:
"The Federal Reserve claims the average American household is now a millionaire—but if you look closely, the middle class is going nowhere."

From the line you take from the article and the headline put together, the only logical conclusion that  could be made is that the rich are getting richer, the middle class is stagnant, and the poor are getting poorer.

Interesting.  See, here I thought Democrats were supposed to be on the side of the little guy and fight the big guy.  Oh wait, the "Big Guy" is on your side.  Ooops.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's funny how you picked that line when the headline of the article is:
"The Federal Reserve claims the average American household is now a millionaire—but if you look closely, the middle class is going nowhere."

From the line you take from the article and the headline put together, the only logical conclusion that  could be made is that the rich are getting richer, the middle class is stagnant, and the poor are getting poorer.

Interesting.  See, here I thought Democrats were supposed to be on the side of the little guy and fight the big guy.  Oh wait, the "Big Guy" is on your side.  Ooops.

These are good points and discussed. 

I look at wealth expanding as a sign that not all is doom and gloom in our economy. The stock market is approaching all time highs, housing is going up, unemployment is very low, inflation is coming down for example.

I do wish the best for everyone and tackling issues coming out of the pandemic were very challenging. Inflation in particular - one of the main tools the government used to combat it made things tougher for many people without savings, safety nets, etc. I feel the steps they took were good overall since they appeared to be effective but yeah, getting a loan now sucks more than it did years ago and many poor people are going to feel that. What was the alternative? Did someone have other ways for them to address inflation?

I appreciate very much that my personal wealth has done quite well these past couple decades and hope yours has too.

7 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I look at wealth expanding as a sign that not all is doom and gloom in our economy. The stock market is approaching all time highs, housing is going up, unemployment is very low, inflation is coming down for example.

I do wish the best for everyone and tackling issues coming out of the pandemic were very challenging. Inflation in particular - one of the main tools the government used to combat it made things tougher for many people without savings, safety nets, etc. I feel the steps they took were good overall since they appeared to be effective but yeah, getting a loan now sucks more than it did years ago and many poor people are going to feel that. What was the alternative? Did someone have other ways for them to address inflation?

I appreciate very much that my personal wealth has done quite well these past couple decades and hope yours has too.

One of the best ways was for the Democrats in the House to not make a $1.9T Covid recovery bill include only $500B to go for Covid relief and $1.4T to cover liberal ventures such as gender studies in college, green energy research, and climate change research.  Let's be honest shall we?  The reason that Covid relief bill was written that high is because the Democrats wanted inflation to go up in case Trump won the election to help their case in 2024.  If Biden had won (which he did), they'd just blame Trump's economy for the inflation (which they did).

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

One of the best ways was for the Democrats in the House to not make a $1.9T Covid recovery bill include only $500B to go for Covid relief and $1.4T to cover liberal ventures such as gender studies in college.  Let's be honest shall we?  The reason that Covid relief bill was written that high is because the Democrats wanted inflation to go up in case Trump won the election to help their case in 2024.  If Biden had won (which he did), they'd just blame Trump's economy for the inflation (which they did).

So the $2.8T Trump spent on covid relief bills didn't impact inflation, but the $1.9T bill that wasn't spent at all until inflation was 6% + did.

Interesting theory you have there friend.  I assume Trump adding $8T to the debt and letting supply lines get destroyed during covid didn't impact inflation either?

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The group that benefiting most directly from a wage perspective during Biden's term is the lower class.  Now the rich are gaining the most wealth but that's what happens when the stock market goes up significantly. 

I think bringing wages up for the lowest paid of our society is a good thing.

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

So the $2.8T Trump spent on covid relief bills didn't impact inflation, but the $1.9T bill that wasn't spent at all until inflation was 6% + did.

Interesting theory you have there friend.  I assume Trump adding $8T to the debt and letting supply lines get destroyed during covid didn't impact inflation either?

I wish I lived in your fantasy world.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I wish I lived in your fantasy world.

Ok, then help me understand how US inflation was 6% in July resulted from a bill passed in mid-March.   Do you understand how inflation is caused?

This should be interesting. 

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Ok, then help me understand how US inflation was 6% in July resulted from a bill passed in mid-March.   Do you understand how inflation is caused?

This should be interesting. 

The kid table is that way ----->

Go sit down and let the adults talk.  We can't talk down to a 3rd grade level anymore, so we can't make you understand.