Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Taysom Hill

Is Taysom Hill too much of a wild card to slot in at TE regularly, or is he worth it over more traditional TEs for his rushing upside? Do you see his role being too boom or bust to chance it?   

Depends on who is available. Would you rather have Dalton Kincaid, Logan Thomas, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert, or Kyle Pitts etc.? Kind of a guessing game at TE for anyone not named Kelce, Andrews or Hockenson; pretty much.

4 minutes ago, RareN64Dream said:

Depends on who is available. Would you rather have Dalton Kincaid, Logan Thomas, David Njoku, Dallas Goedert, or Kyle Pitts etc.? Kind of a guessing game at TE for anyone not named Kelce, Andrews or Hockenson; pretty much.

Yeah, referring more to him being a mon-traditional te vs all the others. Some call it a cheat code some say he’s way too risky because he’s not been involved in game plans in the past. 

On 10/31/2023 at 5:15 PM, himmystyles said:

Is Taysom Hill too much of a wild card to slot in at TE regularly, or is he worth it over more traditional TEs for his rushing upside? Do you see his role being too boom or bust to chance it?   

He’s on the field a lot now & they’re throwing to him. I’d add him if he’s available. He’s going to have a high ceiling multi TD game at some point.

I start Hill when I’m an underdog or like the matchup. A lot of weapons in NO this year when all are healthy

Agreed.  

The "experts" don't rank Hill highly this and NONE of the projections have him doing squat. It's that way every week. Yet, he produces large each week.

I am playing him in a flex over the likes of K Ingram, Foreman, and Shakir.

Play Taysom at your own risk. He tickled Kamara's ass with a feather the past couple years by stealing all his touchdowns, now Kamara is on a vengeance to get his wife back......I mean life back.

I’m sorely tempted to start him today but going Dotson. We might see more of the backup RBs getting usage today. But Hill could get a long score IMO. I’m thinking the Saints will jump all over the Bears in a raucous Dome today.

Anyone else see CBS not scoring Taysom TD catch ?

nevermind CBS just fixed it 

weird owner was texting me 

Hill is their toughest runner and Shahid the fastest. NO needs to both the ball more frequently

Hill was dropped on my ppr and I’m hurting at TE with Goedert out. Would you guys grab him or go with less upside but more consistent options such as Conklin, Otton, etc.? 

19 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Hill was dropped on my ppr and I’m hurting at TE with Goedert out. Would you guys grab him or go with less upside but more consistent options such as Conklin, Otton, etc.? 

I would take the risk.. I did in my league. Good luck. 

58 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Conklin and Otton are the same player... should get 5 to 8 targets, 3 to 6 receptions for 40 to 60 yards.  Odds are you'll get 7 to 11 points.  If they score, you're gold.  Hill might get 40 yards rushing and TD, 25 yards passing and a TD, 5 receptions for 40 yards and a TD and pull off a 30 point game.  He might also get 1 carry for 2 yards and get you 0.2 points.

Risk/reward.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, himmystyles said:

Pick him up. 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Conklin and Otton are the same player... should get 5 to 8 targets, 3 to 6 receptions for 40 to 60 yards.  Odds are you'll get 7 to 11 points.  If they score, you're gold.  Hill might get 40 yards rushing and TD, 25 yards passing and a TD, 5 receptions for 40 yards and a TD and pull off a 30 point game.  He might also get 1 carry for 2 yards and get you 0.2 points.

Risk/reward.

Ya- would you take the risk is what I’m wondering. Would be scary during the playoffs hahah. 

15 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Ya- would you take the risk is what I’m wondering. Would be scary during the playoffs hahah. 

I'd play it by the matchup.  If the Saints play against a team who struggles to stop TE's, then I'd start Hill because receiving-wise, all 3 could be a push at say 4 receptions for 45 yards and he brings the rushing and passing element that the other's won't.  If the Saints are playing against a team who has a strong defense, I'd start Otton or Conklin, or someone like them because I'd rather take the 6, 7, 8, or 9 points from them instead of the potential low floor that Hill could produce.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'd play it by the matchup.  If the Saints play against a team who struggles to stop TE's, then I'd start Hill because receiving-wise, all 3 could be a push at say 4 receptions for 45 yards and he brings the rushing and passing element that the other's won't.  If the Saints are playing against a team who has a strong defense, I'd start Otton or Conklin, or someone like them because I'd rather take the 6, 7, 8, or 9 points from them instead of the potential low floor that Hill could produce.

Makes sense. It’s hard in my league tho with only 4 bench spots. Carrying two qbs or TEs is almost impossible. TE is my glaring weakness- in first and no one to drop to carry another. 

3 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

Makes sense. It’s hard in my league tho with only 4 bench spots. Carrying two qbs or TEs is almost impossible. TE is my glaring weakness- in first and no one to drop to carry another. 

I'd just carry Hill.  If I don't like his matchup, I'd wait until Sunday morning so that no one can pick him up until after waivers, and go get a guy like Conklin or Otton.  Then put a FA claim in for Hill on Tuesday morning.... rinse and repeat.  If someone snipes Hill on you, they still might cut him after the next game and you just go with a guy who has a reasonable floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who would be a better player to roster right now: Goedert or Hill? News of the eagles not putting him on IR for a reason seems to hint at a return soon 

1 hour ago, himmystyles said:

Who would be a better player to roster right now: Goedert or Hill? News of the eagles not putting him on IR for a reason seems to hint at a return soon 

For what it's worth.

For an athlete, 8 weeks is a standard guideline for this injury. Some NFL players miss little time because they can play wearing a cast -- Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis played in Super Bowl 50 two weeks after suffering a similar injury.

Hill

After Conklins stinker today and the general crappy state of the jets offense i think I will likely just drop Conklin for hill and just carry hill. No room for both.