Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Democrats winning elections

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Pretty good news tonight for Dems in Kentucky. And the abortion vote in Ohio. Could Ohio go blue next year? 

Kentucky votes the way they always vote.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Will they still vote for the guy who took Roe away? 

Yes. For one thing, a bunch of people draw a distinction between whether the issue should be left to the states vs whether it should actually be banned in their own state 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Pretty good news tonight for Dems in Kentucky. And the abortion vote in Ohio. Could Ohio go blue next year? 

Zero chance.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Yes. For one thing, a bunch of people draw a distinction between whether the issue should be left to the states vs whether it should actually be banned in their own state 

That’s a sophisticated, reasonable position- but perhaps too sophisticated for the average voter. 

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

What are you implying?

They've had 3 Republican Governors in the last 50 years. They vote Democrat for Governor and Republican for everything else. That's how they roll. 

Just now, Reality said:

They've had 3 Republican Governors in the last 50 years. They vote Democrat for Governor and Republican for everything else. That's how they roll. 

I did not know that. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Well, the greatest Republican of all time was born in Kentucky. They’ll always have that. 

Kentucky has only elected 3 republican governors since WW2. This isn't anything new or shocking.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Beat me to it 👍

9 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Nothing to see here.  :doh:

Someone needs to explain the voting history of Kentucky to GP and their readers 😂

4 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Kentucky has only elected 3 republican governors since WW2. This isn't anything new or shocking.

Yeah but both McConnell and Trump spent a lot of time pushing the Republican. I wouldn’t dismiss the result. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah but both McConnell and Trump spent a lot of time pushing the Republican. I wouldn’t dismiss the result. 

I would. Beshear is a very popular name in Kentucky. His dad was a governor and a career Kentucky politician. This is not the win you think it is.

1 minute ago, crackattack said:

I would. Beshear is a very popular name in Kentucky. His dad was a governor and a career Kentucky politician. This is not the win you think it is.

Would you have voted for him? 

9 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Yup. Not news. It's what they do.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Beshear seems like an interesting guy. I’m reading about him. Seems pretty liberal. 

I see him more old school moderate liberal. He reminds me of Bill Clinton.

36 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And now the Dems are projected to keep control of the state senate in Virginia: Damn they’re winning everywhere. 

Who cares. This means nothing to anyone not living in Virginia.

you guys are true political savants, with these deep hitting discussions on state senate and governor elections :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

How so?

It’s a bell weather state. How Virginia goes so goes the nation. 

Youngkin’s shtick, running against CRT and trannies, had gotten old. DeSantis is discovering the same thing. Most of the public just isn’t as obsessed with woke issues as conservatives are. 

52 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I dunno. Women seem really pissed off about abortion. Will they still vote for the guy who took Roe away? 

Ohio is MAGA Country.  The ghouls that celebrate killing babies won’t show up next year.  

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Youngkin’s shtick, running against CRT and trannies, had gotten old. 

Can you expound please? What specifically is happening in VA tonight to support this?

So. Let's look at this. In kentucky, democrats lost 2 out of 3 of the top elections. Reelected a popular incumbent governor. In Virginia, the democrats will hold the state senate and win a few seats to take back the house. Maybe I'm not seeing what Tim is, but I always thought Virginia was a tougher place for Republicans to win. This would not concern me too much. 

10 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Ohio is MAGA Country.  The ghouls that celebrate killing babies won’t show up next year.  

Most wrong post in the thread. You want Dems to win keep riding this abortion schtick.

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Can you expound please? What specifically is happening in VA tonight to support this?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/shows/meetthepress/blog/rcna123767

Tonight is a referendum on Youngkin. Youngkin got elected by campaigning on parental rights in schools. But conservatives misunderstood the results- it was all about Covid and a temporary concern. Conservatives thought it was about CRT and trannies. 

33 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

you guys are true political savants, with these deep hitting discussions on state senate and governor elections :lol:

:doublethumbsup: