Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Spinal Tap 11

Is there any way this is good?

The director Rob Reiner has said that an upcoming sequel to his 1984 documentary parody “This Is Spinal Tap” is scheduled to begin shooting in late February and will feature Paul McCartney, Elton John and Garth Brooks, among other stars.

“Spinal Tap” satirized a bungled tour by a fictitious British heavy-metal band of that name, as well as the process of documenting it. The film, which was mostly improvised, was inspired by “The Last Waltz,” a Martin Scorsese documentary about the rock group the Band.

Plans for “Spinal Tap II” were first announced last year. The entertainment news outlet Deadline reported at the time that the members of the fictitious band — the actors Christopher Guest, Michael McKean and Harry Shearer — would all return for the sequel. Over the years, the three have played real-life concerts as their Spinal Tap characters.

Reiner announced new details about the “Spinal Tap” sequel during an episode of a podcast hosted by the comedian Richard Herring that was released on Monday. The film had initially been scheduled for release in 2024, but that was before strikes that disrupted filming schedules in Hollywood. No updated release date has been announced, according to Variety.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/28/movies/spinal-tap-sequel-rob-reiner.html

I doubt it...  It really depends on how much Reiner and the Spinal Tap crew aren't extreme lefties and have it come out in the script...

Hopefully they can put that aside and just make a funny movie, but I have my doubts...  When "History of the World Part II" came out, since Brooks didn't write everything and got a lot of new writers and current "comedians" to write it, it turned out just awful...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, posty said:

I doubt it...  It really depends on how much Reiner and the Spinal Tap crew aren't extreme lefties and have it come out in the script...

Don't remember the original being political .?.  Just ad libbed with jokes. I hate sequels and if this had different actors, I'd have no interest. But with the original cast...

HELL YES. Let's Rock!!!! Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

:pointstosky:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I'm intrigued, thanks for the info.  I'll probably watch it.  :cheers: 

People like you are the reason we have all these crap sequels and remakes.  ;)

27 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Don't remember the original being political .?.  Just ad libbed with jokes. I hate sequels and if this had different actors, I'd have no interest. But with the original cast...

HELL YES. Let's Rock!!!! Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

:pointstosky:

It wasn't then, but times have changed for sure...

54 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

People like you are the reason we have all these crap sequels and remakes.  ;)

:D

If the movie industry is relying on me, they've got bigger problems.  I saw Oppenheimer in theaters this summer; the previous movie that got me to a theater was American Sniper I think, which came out 9 years ago.  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

:D

If the movie industry is relying on me, they've got bigger problems.  I saw Oppenheimer in theaters this summer; the previous movie that got me to a theater was American Sniper I think, which came out 9 years ago.  :thumbsup:

So do you really think Chris knockout Jesse Ventura ?

Speaking of Spinal Tap... 

I saw this dude at the Meshuggah concert last week. Told him I loved his shirt and asked to take a pic to share with my wife.  (Plus you focking azzholes as well I guess.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

So do you really think Chris knockout Jesse Ventura ?

I hope so. 

8 hours ago, DonS said:

Spinal Tap 11?  I must've missed Spinal Tap 2 thru 10.

This sequel goes to 11 :music_guitarred:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stryker Ryker said:

I doubt it’ll be good. It might just be mid. The first Spinal Tap is a classic & one that I HAD to own 

It's no Good Burger 2.