Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2024

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Be nice to see McKenzie rebound. He’s so slight it’s nit surprising he was hurt though. 

Gavin Williams is the future ace. Daniel Espino has been compared with DeGrom, but can't stay healthy. If he can, and the comparisons are true, another great young arm to keep an eye on.

5 hours ago, crackattack said:

Gavin Williams is the future ace. Daniel Espino has been compared with DeGrom, but can't stay healthy. If he can, and the comparisons are true, another great young arm to keep an eye on.

Nice. Thanks. I need pitching real bad. Lost Ohtani and a few others. 

time for some baseball :banana:

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

time for some baseball :banana:

That's awesome, maybe now they can get more that 20 people for a home game. 

• Haha 1

Doing a little research as fantasy baseball season approaches. 

Reds and Mariners are both going to be very good this year. Mark it down. 

On 12/6/2023 at 8:32 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Looks like Soto to the Yankees is happening.  And that means you can probably count on them getting that Jap pitcher Yamamoto.  I guess Steinbrenner realized that  they are the evil empire and need to start acting like it. 

missed this thread. the Japs prefer the west coast. I dont think the Yankees had a chance. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 6:10 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cole.  

Should trade him tbh. They wont, because they just rented Juan Soto but prior to that move the Yankees should have gone into rebuild mode. It's quicker than ever to facilitate a turnaround in baseball and i'm tired of hearing all the talking heads like Michael Kay claim the Yankees can't do it because the fans would be up in arms. So you'd rather they bitch year after year as a fringe playoff team? 

Yankees are in a tough spot because they dont really have the prospects to trade for someone who isn't a rental and no one wants to trade for guys like DJ or Rizzo. Stuck with Stanton. Were forced to overpay for a lottery ticket career year from Judge who is already in his 30's... Cole was/is their most tradeable asset. He could bring back the big haul of prospects they would need to jump start a new era. 

(yes i know he has a no trade clause. could still try to sell him on going to a contender)

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Should trade him tbh. They wont, because they just rented Juan Soto but prior to that move the Yankees should have gone into rebuild mode. It's quicker than ever to facilitate a turnaround in baseball and i'm tired of hearing all the talking heads like Michael Kay claim the Yankees can't do it because the fans would be up in arms. So you'd rather they bitch year after year as a fringe playoff team? 

Yankees are in a tough spot because they dont really have the prospects to trade for someone who isn't a rental and no one wants to trade for guys like DJ or Rizzo. Stuck with Stanton. Were forced to overpay for a lottery ticket career year from Judge who is already in his 30's... Cole was/is their most tradeable asset. He could bring back the big haul of prospects they would need to jump start a new era. 

(yes i know he has a no trade clause. could still try to sell him on going to a contender)

You still listen to NY sports radio? I stopped years ago. It’s embarrassing now. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You still listen to NY sports radio? I stopped years ago. It’s embarrassing now. 

I have just a few shows I enjoy on espn radio

4 hours ago, thegeneral said:

You play fantasy baseball? I tried, I just couldn't get into season long. I will play daily MLB fantasy though. 

8 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Hot take here!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You play fantasy baseball? I tried, I just couldn't get into season long. I will play daily MLB fantasy though. 

Love it. Season ends by mid-August. It is a slog but I always have like checking the box scores every day.

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

Hot take here!!

:lol: The Reds O/U for wins is 81.5 and the Mariners, well they are the Mariners. Both will win their division!

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Love it. Season ends by mid-August. It is a slog but I always have like checking the box scores every day.

Dumb question but do they have Dynasty Baseball Leagues? That I could probably get in to. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Dumb question but do they have Dynasty Baseball Leagues? That I could probably get in to. 

They def do. The problem we had trying to do that is people get tired of doing it (usually their team stunk) and filling it became a pain. 

21 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

:lol: The Reds O/U for wins is 81.5 and the Mariners, well they are the Mariners. Both will win their division!

Reds should win their division. 81.5 seams low to me. Mariners are a WC team imo. Astros are still the team in that division. But God I'm happy baseball is back. Already planning a couple trips to go watch my Guardians. 🍻

2 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Reds should win their division. 81.5 seams low to me. Mariners are a WC team imo. Astros are still the team in that division. But God I'm happy baseball is back. Already planning a couple trips to go watch my Guardians. 🍻

Watched a bit of Spring Training yesterday, so good. Means golf is coming too. Augusta, March Madness, and MLB. Great time of year.

I like your Gimenez and Naylor later in drafts (and of course Clase and Jose R). Good luck this season.

Mitch Keller signs 5-year extension.  The third year in a row that the Pirates dole out a $70M+ deal.

Pirates are a dark horse to win the division this year.  NL Central is pretty weak and 84 games could win it.  If Keller takes another step forward and Skenes comes up by June, this team should be in the 80 to 85-win range.  Jared Jones (a 2020 2nd round pick), has been making great strides in the minors and will start the year in AAA and could get to the majors by July.  If that happens, an 85-win season is definitely in the cards and a division win is possible.

That said, someone could end up with 92 and it all be moot, but 85 could still get them into the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Mitch Keller signs 5-year extension.  The third year in a row that the Pirates dole out a $70M+ deal.

Pirates are a dark horse to win the division this year.  NL Central is pretty weak and 84 games could win it.  If Keller takes another step forward and Skenes comes up by June, this team should be in the 80 to 85-win range.  Jared Jones (a 2020 2nd round pick), has been making great strides in the minors and will start the year in AAA and could get to the majors by July.  If that happens, an 85-win season is definitely in the cards and a division win is possible.

That said, someone could end up with 92 and it all be moot, but 85 could still get them into the playoffs.

What about this Skenes kid? When is he coming up?

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

What about this Skenes kid? When is he coming up?

If the Pirates are cheap azzhats, July 1.  If they're smart and bring him up when he's ready, possibly as early as May 1, as late as June 1 (give or take).  The dude is going to be a stud.  I'm shocked they drafted him to be honest.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

They def do. The problem we had trying to do that is people get tired of doing it (usually their team stunk) and filling it became a pain. 

I could see that, especially in a long season like that. Heck, it happens in a 17 game Dynasty Football season unfortunately. 

Perhaps Dynasty Baseball isn't for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Watched a bit of Spring Training yesterday, so good. Means golf is coming too. Augusta, March Madness, and MLB. Great time of year.

I like your Gimenez and Naylor later in drafts (and of course Clase and Jose R). Good luck this season.

I'd keep an eye out for Espino. He's a starting pitcher. He's had health issues, but is finally healthy. He can hit 103 with his fastball, and has two wipe out "sliders". Ones is a low 80's breaker and one's a mid 90's hard slider. Like I told Hardcore troubadour up above, he's been compared to DeGrom when healthy. 

• Like 1

oof :(

On 3/5/2024 at 9:43 AM, cmh6476 said:

oof :(

He had Tommy John surgery before, at the beginning of his career.

I thought George Brett would have picked the pine tar.  

And Espino out for the year again. I feel for that young man. Absolutely filthy when healthy, but nothing but injuries after injuries. I'm starting to think he might never pitch in the bigs. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/daniel-espino-shoulder-surgery-2024.html&ved=2ahUKEwj5gtnks_SEAxVqmokEHSWfD-sQFnoECDAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2a-QV4XNxZ6_lK8yG4LvHv

1 minute ago, crackattack said:

And Espino out for the year again. I feel for that young man. Absolutely filthy when healthy, but nothing but injuries after injuries. I'm starting to think he might never pitch in the bigs. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/daniel-espino-shoulder-surgery-2024.html&ved=2ahUKEwj5gtnks_SEAxVqmokEHSWfD-sQFnoECDAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2a-QV4XNxZ6_lK8yG4LvHv

What do you think about Beiber? Is he getting dealt at some point? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What do you think about Beiber? Is he getting dealt at some point? 

Tough to say. He's looked good in spring training. I would think most definitely before all-star break. But if Cleveland is in a playoff run, they might just let him walk at the end of the year. That would be odd for Cleveland to do. 

I would say yes. Cubs and Reds make perfect sense as trade partners. 

• Thanks 1

Red Sux open in Seattle at 10:10 pm and 9:40 PM the next 2 games :lol:

I bet John Henry is thrilled no one will watch their 1st 3 games

Opening day.  Earliest start is 3 o’clock. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Opening day.  Earliest start is 3 o’clock. 

Ridiculous. One game on national TV?  PHAIL!

Red Sux undefeated :overhead:

how'd we do?