Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2024

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Agree. The Knicks and the Rangers have one title between them since 1973.  That’s Fockin nuts.  Dolan has owned both since 1999.  25 years, 50 seasons, 0 titles. 

what does sheed think?

BWJ is in a bit of a slump on this west coast trip.   But anyone know what the criteria is for him to become the best shortstop ever over Honus Wagner.  Just thinking ahead for ten years down the road here...

Great day for Skenes, 6 no-hit innings with 11 K's and 1 BB.  Ump blew a few, cost him at least 8 pitches and 2 K's (one was the walk).  Up 8-0, Pirates in good position to get Skenes his first professional win. :thumbsup:

Side note, first time a Pirates pitcher struck out 11 in Wrigley.

On 12/12/2023 at 6:20 PM, cmh6476 said:

Right-hander Seth Lugo and the Kansas City Royals are in agreement on a three-year, $45.

Jeff Passan - The Royals vowed to spend this winter, and Lugo gets one of the biggest free agent deals they've given to a pitcher. They've got plenty more to do to get competitive and should add at least one more starter in a market full of them.

Lugi had a 3.57 ERA in 26 starts with 140 strikeouts in 146 1⁄3 innings for the Padres this year, his first season as a full-time starter since 2017. He went at least five innings in 22 of his 26 starts and averaged 5.6 innings-per start.

Lugo is a strike-thrower.  His 6 percent walk rate was the 19th-lowest among all pitchers with at least 100 innings. Lugo has a five-pitch mix with a fastball, curveball, sinker, slider, and change up. The sinker was his best pitch last year, with opponents hitting just .206 against it, and he netted a groundball rate of 45.2 percent.

The Royals reportedly pursued Lugo last off-season before he signed a one-year, $7.5 million deal with the Padres.

Someone else to draft in Homers! :banana:

What a get

Probably the AL CY to this point. 

On 4/11/2024 at 12:57 AM, posty said:

Royals still won’t get to 75 wins…

Hello, hello?

45-68 from here on out...

:banana:

@posty acknowledge me mofo :banana:

Tanner Houck starting AG game?

7 hours ago, edjr said:

Tanner Houck starting AG game?

Skubal or Lugo has the advantage at the moment IMO...

Tied for the best start in team history after 50 games with the 1976 team :banana:

Stop winning Guardians :mad:

6 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Tied for the best start in team history after 50 games with the 1976 team :banana:

Stop winning Guardians :mad:

76? Was that the year Freddy Patek was crying in the dugout? Or was it 77? Maybe 78? 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

76? Was that the year Freddy Patek was crying in the dugout? Or was it 77? Maybe 78? 

since I was born in 1978, I'm not exactly sure.  Tough stretch for the Royals coming up in June, but man this is a fun team to watch :banana:

5 hours ago, posty said:

Skubal or Lugo has the advantage at the moment IMO...

Skubal gonna get rocked tomorrow :banana:

7 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

since I was born in 1978, I'm not exactly sure.  Tough stretch for the Royals coming up in June, but man this is a fun team to watch :banana:

Just bustin balls. Those royals teams were tough, the Yankees just had their number. Until they didn’t. 

15 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Skubal gonna get rocked tomorrow :banana:

Freddie Fermin and Garrett Hampson taking it to Tarik :banana:

Cole Ragans says Tarik who? nice outing :thumbsup:

Royals starters are currently #1 (Lugo), #11 (Singer), and #20 (Ragans) in the AL in ERA, and if Alec Marsh were eligible he'd be #12.  And we have #1 (Ragans), #12 (Singer) and #17 (Lugo) in K's.

Never would have imagined anything like that heading into the season.  An OF who could hit, and another top-end reliever would put this team over the top.

CY Lugo

Ouch 

Ronald Acuna is out for the year with torn ACL. Welp, that sucks.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Ronald Acuna is out for the year with torn ACL. Welp, that sucks.

He tore his first one in 2021, the Braves won the championship…. Yes it is a blow, but most people thought they were done then…

13 hours ago, posty said:

He tore his first one in 2021, the Braves won the championship…. Yes it is a blow, but most people thought they were done then…

I don't care about the Braves, I care about Acuna, one of the top young stars in the game. I know his history.

On 5/21/2024 at 7:17 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think it was because it was the first year they broke Royals hearts, even though they got blown out in the Series. I don’t think 77 and 78 were close enough for him even to get that upset lol.