Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

The negative progression of news reporting over the years.

It's rather sad to see the progression of the reporter profession go from the goal of finding the truth to either redefine the truth or cover up the truth because of political or social bias by the "reporter"

Journalism students in colleges these days must be more focused on emotional 20 year old feelings rather than being seriously inquisitive of what is going on around them. Their goals behind their future reporting careers don't include truth as the main priority anymore. I can't imagine the conversations being had in those circles anymore.

This was a slow change that happened over the past 20 years that may never be reversed. At least not in the next 50 years. 

54 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s only bad outside of the MSM. 

The journalists with the most integrity are the ones who left / were squeezed out of the MSM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The journalists with the most integrity are the ones who left / were squeezed out of the MSM.

Now they are all playing fantasy sports as an alternative because people prefer propaganda type reporting over actual journalism. 

Is Northwestern University still in business? Or just on the government payroll?

The best thing Trump ever did was label MSM Leftist “journalists” the “enemy of the people.”  If and when the fighting starts, and I hope it doesn’t, these folks will likely be the first ones taken out.

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

The best thing Trump ever did was label MSM Leftist “journalists” the “enemy of the people.”  If and when the fighting starts, and I hope it doesn’t, these folks will likely be the first ones taken out.

Who we talking about here? 

• Sad 1

All news outlets suck. They all have their hidden agenda, from Fox to CNN. They all Blow! 

Anderson Cooper with Biden's D in his mouth to Hannity fondling Trumps balls. What's the difference???? 

Phil is correct. They are no longer mainstream they are corp/gov/fascist mouthpieces and everyone should consider them the enemy of the people.

Ever notice the people most distrustful of the MSM are also most likely to fall for wingnut conspiracy theories and fake news sites?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ever notice the people most distrustful of the MSM are also most likely to fall for wingnut 

And you trust them? 

33 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ever notice the people most distrustful of the MSM are also most likely to fall for wingnut conspiracy theories and fake news sites?

Yeah. Like the Russia hoax. And very fine people. Kids in cages. Bleach! I noticed too. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MDC said:

So you’re going with 70% of the country are wing nut conspiracy theorists?

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Like the Russia hoax. And very fine people. Kids in cages. Bleach! I noticed too. 

Don't forget the Jussie Smollette debacle. The one where they tried their hardest to incite a race war. 

But he trusts them, go figure 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Don't forget the Jussie Smollette debacle. The one where they tried their hardest to incite a race war. 

But he trusts them, go figure 

I wasn’t on FBG’s, but I bet Tim was one of those that said that racial hoaxes are ok because they bring attention to the “problem”.  

On 12/14/2023 at 8:12 AM, MDC said:

The biggest conspiracy theory we've had in decades, if not ever... was Russia Collusion.  Pretty sure that was the MSM who pushed that.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The biggest conspiracy theory we've had in decades, if not ever... was Russia Collusion.  Pretty sure that was the MSM who pushed that.

Check out my thread here

The MSM, the big ones.....have gushed over hating Trump........they oppose him no matter what, they avoided ever talking too much about the economy because they knew it lifted him.

Media has lost its way, we cannot trust any of them....NONE OF THEM....just have to ingest as much as we can from as many sources as possible and decide for ourselves using simple common sense and logic,

• Like 1

Agreed, can’t trust a government controlled media, trump and biden have both done a great job of take control of that freedom, who ever wins will work on removing the freedom of speech.  Let’s not trust in man, trust in the Lord.  

26 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Do you consider yourself a Man of God? 

No, I consider myself a Christian.  By God’s Grace, and Mercy Through the Blood of Jesus Christ.  

How about you? 

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

To ensure I am capturing your point and position, this is enough evidence then to suggest something has transpired that is worthy of investigation?

As part of the documents case? Maybe. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

No, I consider myself a Christian.  By God’s Grace, and Mercy Through the Blood of Jesus Christ.  

How about you? 

I'm a Southern Baptist who was Baptized in The Edisto (God's Country). 

I forgot more about the Bible than you'll ever know. That's not a knock on you, it's just truth. I like that you preach the word of God. It's refreshing, keep it up. 

31 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

As part of the documents case? Maybe. 

I think we have common ground here, as I concur with your assessment.   All it took was the right person and we agree.  :cheers:

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

How about you? 

What did you get sent to prison for?

26 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think we have common ground here, as I concur with your assessment.   All it took was the right person and we agree.  :cheers:

seems relevant to the thread 

“None of the reporting has been independently confirmed by MSNBC or NBC News, and the relevant players identified in the lengthy report did not respond to requests for comment.”

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

seems relevant to the thread 

“None of the reporting has been independently confirmed by MSNBC or NBC News, and the relevant players identified in the lengthy report did not respond to requests for comment.”

Consider that this tactic, you just employed, does not depart all that far from the games of Liberals to defend Biden.  Let's not defend the powerful, they do not need it. 

On 12/13/2023 at 7:42 PM, Patented Phil said:

These "journalists" would be the first to run and hide. 

9 hours ago, League Champion said:

I'm a Southern Baptist who was Baptized in The Edisto (God's Country). 

I forgot more about the Bible than you'll ever know. That's not a knock on you, it's just truth. I like that you preach the word of God. It's refreshing, keep it up. 

I like both you dudes. 👍