Ron_Artest

This economy is so bad

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:
Politics·Salon

"Desperate" Trump says he wants the economy to crash this year — because it will give him a boost

These are the quotes that are being sold by the left media.  And guys like Tim eat it up.  And that's what bothers me.  That headline is a lie, a flat out lie.  But you have dumb guys like Tim that believe it.  And here we go.   It scares me that there are people like Tim that are that dumb and they vote.  It's gross beyond belief.

I heard a tape of exactly what Trump said.

During the 2020 campaign, Trump also predicted that a Biden victory would immediately cause an economic collapse. Trump doesn’t offer “honesty”; he simply makes sh!t up. And he’s not like other politicians; he’s uniquely awful. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

During the 2020 campaign, Trump also predicted that a Biden victory would immediately cause an economic collapse. Trump doesn’t offer “honesty”; he simply makes sh!t up. And he’s not like other politicians; he’s uniquely awful. 

It’s a shame considering we had such a long history of honest presidents up until Trump.

My wife told me her place has been laying off a lot of employees and even turning to outsourcing the same jobs. From CS to engineers

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

My wife told me her place has been laying off a lot of employees and even turning to outsourcing the same jobs. From CS to engineers

Outsourcing.  Code for foreign workers with work Visas.  

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Outsourcing.  Code for foreign workers with work Visas.  

Techbros getting decimated right now my LinkedIn network is a bloodbath. I feel bad for them. Open tech jobs getting 300 applicants.

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

Techbros getting decimated right now my LinkedIn network is a bloodbath. I feel bad for them. Open tech jobs getting 300 applicants.

But immigrants are only coming here to do the jobs Americans won’t do. 

Black and Latino Americans haven’t experienced the same economy as everyone else

The news is, in short, a mixed bag. One study found that during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic, years that included the end of Trump’s term and the beginning of Biden’s, Black and Latino households made gains in accumulating wealth. But in the years that followed, those gains slowed significantly or even reversed.

Part of that slide was due to inflation, the main economic villain of the Biden years. Another 2023 study found that Black and Latino households suffered more from inflation than their white counterparts, as the higher costs of transportation and food took bigger bites out of their paychecks. But it’s not all bad news: There’s evidence that real wages — the value of workers’ pay when inflation is taken into account — grew for Black and Latino workers in recent years, and even that it grew faster for them than for workers overall.

I am overlooking the omission that Black and Latino's are not the only ones being harmed by the vile Democrat policies.....

My point, as stated over and over.....remains.....the impacts ARE disproportionality harmful to those segments of society that Democrats pretend to care about. 

On 1/9/2024 at 12:27 PM, The Real timschochet said:

Trump doesn't have to tell the truth. And really why should he bother? He can lie and sycophants slurp it up and spit it back online through the distortion machine and people buy it. Again- the reality of what is happening does not match what people believe is happening. I've mentioned this before but polls show people feel they are doing well in the economy but the economy is not doing well overall. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Trump doesn't have to tell the truth. And really why should he bother? He can lie and sycophants slurp it up and spit it back online through the distortion machine and people buy it. Again- the reality of what is happening does not match what people believe is happening. I've mentioned this before but polls show people feel they are doing well in the economy but the economy is not doing well overall. 

Pot kettle 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's just like his sycophants talk about how great the economy was pre-Trump.  When the facts are the economy was below average during Trump pre-covid.

6 hours ago, RLLD said:

Black and Latino Americans haven’t experienced the same economy as everyone else

I am overlooking the omission that Black and Latino's are not the only ones being harmed by the vile Democrat policies.....

My point, as stated over and over.....remains.....the impacts ARE disproportionality harmful to those segments of society that Democrats pretend to care about. 

When things go bad, as they did during Covid, it’s always worse for poor people. That means communities of color unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Pot kettle 

#1- even a guy who thinks he is "the most centrist poster here" just slurps up what Trump says and spits it back. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

#1- even a guy who thinks he is "the most centrist poster here" just slurps up what Trump says and spits it back. 

I don’t know what trump said. But I know you have serious tds and voted for a president who’s only spoke truthfully when he plagiarized someone else’s speech 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I don’t know what trump said. But I know you have serious tds and voted for a president who’s only spoke truthfully when he plagiarized someone else’s speech 

"TDS" spoken like a true toadie. Seriously- tell your "centrist" friends there to get a new insult. 

Trump means little to me....certainly not nearly as much as he means to guys like you, and utilt99, and others here. who want the opportunity to just ballwash a president for some reason. Maybe you can talk to the dopey people who were ready to follow Obama off a cliff for the same reason and find out how that worked out. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

"TDS" spoken like a true toadie. Seriously- tell your "centrist" friends there to get a new insult. 

Trump means little to me....certainly not nearly as much as he means to guys like you, and utilt99, and others here. who want the opportunity to just ballwash a president for some reason. Maybe you can talk to the dopey people who were ready to follow Obama off a cliff for the same reason and find out how that worked out. 

Show me where I’ve said I want trump as president?? Over Biden sure but that’s about it 

and I do see in the Maddow post you are actually sensible. 

I honestly haven’t listened to a thing trump has said since Covid except when it’s posted here 

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Show me where I’ve said I want trump as president?? Over Biden sure but that’s about it 

and I do see in the Maddow post you are actually sensible. 

I honestly haven’t listened to a thing trump has said since Covid except when it’s posted here 

Yet you rush to defend it every time. Strange how that works. 

And I've been pretty consistent in that I dislike all politicians and thinks politics has become completely counterproductive and idiotic anymore because they operate just appealing to the loud dipsh!ts on the edges as opposed to the normal people in the middle. The overall tone of the board here leans far right so of course that will get the majority of the pushback. But I've said things to guys like timscotch when he goes too far off the reservation. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

When things go bad, as they did during Covid, it’s always worse for poor people. That means communities of color unfortunately. 

It's true.  And when the government, more pointedly Biden, foments inflation....lies about is presence....then lies and calls it transitional......then gaslights to pretend that small cessations are big victories.....these all exacerbate the harm already being delivered to these communities

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's true.  And when the government, more pointedly Biden, foments inflation....lies about is presence....then lies and calls it transitional......then gaslights to pretend that small cessations are big victories.....these all exacerbate the harm already being delivered to these communities

https://www.statista.com/statistics/273418/unadjusted-monthly-inflation-rate-in-the-us/

🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Please keep doing this......its working, this is incredibly helpful  :headbanger:

It's hard to argue that inflation is an issue for Biden when it's pretty much back to pre covid levels 🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

It's hard to argue that inflation is an issue for Biden when it's pretty much back to pre covid levels 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your active avoidance to my assertions, coupled with the weak deflection, is exactly what I am hoping Democrats do in droves...people are already pissed about it, this will move more voters away from the vile policies and over to conservatives.....:banana:

Your active avoidance to my assertions, coupled with the weak deflection, is exactly what I am hoping Democrats do in droves...people are already pissed about it, this will move more voters away from the vile policies and over to conservatives.....:banana:

People who know how to read graphs and believe in facts and data will vote Democrat and not listen to maga lies 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

People who know how to read graphs and believe in facts and data will vote Democrat and not listen to maga lies 🤣🤣🤣🤣

People who have been living under the oppressively economic fomented by the current administration need not read graphs, they are living the reality.....and polling shows they have had enough.....so by all means, tell them their lived experiences are wrong.....it ensures they will vote against the vile policies of Democrats....:overhead:

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

People who have been living under the oppressively economic fomented by the current administration need not read graphs, they are living the reality.....and polling shows they have had enough.....so by all means, tell them their lived experiences are wrong.....it ensures they will vote against the vile policies of Democrats....:overhead:

Let me help you out friend.  What causes inflation?  Too many $'s chasing too few goods.  Or supply < demand.

So let's go back to 2020 shall we?  As we all remember the empty shelves in 2020 due to supply chains destroyed as a result of Trump's incompetent handling of the pandemic.  Now let's add into this lack of supply the $2.7T Trump spent on covid, sending people checks, therefore increasing the amount of money in circulation.

So you see friend, before Biden took office in late January 2021 the fertile seeds of inflation had already been planted by the incompetent Trump.  This is why inflation doubled from January - March - May.  Well before a dime of any bill Biden signed had even made its way into the economy.

Now, step away from the alt right media, you've just gotten a proper lesson on history and what caused the inflation that Biden and the Feds beat back so very well.  Inflation was in fact transitory.  I assume you don't remember the periods of the mid-70's to early 80's?  That was years of inflation my friend.  Thanks goodness Trump was booted before he did any more damage than he already did.

You're welcome for the lesson friend. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Yeah, keep telling people that the rate is down when they can see the prices aren’t. Should work out great.  

@BeachGuy23

Let me help you out friend.  What causes inflation?  Too many $'s chasing too few goods.  Or supply < demand.
I am gratified that you understand this basic element, as too often I see many not understand this.

So let's go back to 2020 shall we?
No, as this is not relevant to my position.

As we all remember the empty shelves in 2020 due to supply chains destroyed as a result of Trump's incompetent handling of the pandemic.  Now let's add into this lack of supply the $2.7T Trump spent on covid, sending people checks, therefore increasing the amount of money in circulation.
If what you post is something you believe, then why did Biden employ policies that would have exacerbated inflation? Why did he later lie and say inflation was not real? Why did he later lie and say that it was "transitional"?  It would seem that he is either imcompetent or a bold-faced liar who cared nothing for the people he was harming.

So you see friend, before Biden took office in late January 2021 the fertile seeds of inflation had already been planted by the incompetent Trump.  This is why inflation doubled from January - March - May.  Well before a dime of any bill Biden signed had even made its way into the economy.
As stated above, either Biden did not see what ever we here saw, when he attacked energy it would immediately result in inflation etc....or he is simply incompetent

Now, step away from the alt right media, you've just gotten a proper lesson on history and what caused the inflation that Biden and the Feds beat back so very well.  Inflation was in fact transitory.  I assume you don't remember the periods of the mid-70's to early 80's?  That was years of inflation my friend.  Thanks goodness Trump was booted before he did any more damage than he already did.

You have only confirmed everything I have said.  Every administration and congress in our lifetime has sacrificed out future to buy votes through debt and inflationary activity.  The Biden administration stands alone in their relentless pursuit without reason, it was not about buying votes that that time since they had just won....they just did it to throw red meat to leftist radicals.....   and then they lied and lied and lied about it, gaslighting people for months......   there was absolutely no need....

And later, when he stupidly tried to help his poll numbers through more inflationary actions, at least manchin had the cohones to step up and say ENOUGH, thank god

At best Biden et al are incompetent, and to be fair there is some evidence that this is at least part of the problem, at worst they have lied relentlessly in pursuit of power at the expense of everyone, and disproportionately at the lower classes

@BeachGuy23

I am gratified that you understand this basic element, as too often I see many not understand this.

So let's go back to 2020 shall we?
No, as this is not relevant to my position.

As we all remember the empty shelves in 2020 due to supply chains destroyed as a result of Trump's incompetent handling of the pandemic.  Now let's add into this lack of supply the $2.7T Trump spent on covid, sending people checks, therefore increasing the amount of money in circulation.
If what you post is something you believe, then why did Biden employ policies that would have exacerbated inflation? Why did he later lie and say inflation was not real? Why did he later lie and say that it was "transitional"?  It would seem that he is either imcompetent or a bold-faced liar who cared nothing for the people he was harming.

As stated above, either Biden did not see what ever we here saw, when he attacked energy it would immediately result in inflation etc....or he is simply incompetent

You have only confirmed everything I have said.  Every administration and congress in our lifetime has sacrificed out future to buy votes through debt and inflationary activity.  The Biden administration stands alone in their relentless pursuit without reason, it was not about buying votes that that time since they had just won....they just did it to throw red meat to leftist radicals.....   and then they lied and lied and lied about it, gaslighting people for months......   there was absolutely no need....

And later, when he stupidly tried to help his poll numbers through more inflationary actions, at least manchin had the cohones to step up and say ENOUGH, thank god

At best Biden et al are incompetent, and to be fair there is some evidence that this is at least part of the problem, at worst they have lied relentlessly in pursuit of power at the expense of everyone, and disproportionately at the lower classes

I argue actual economic realties.  You can't argue that supply chains were destroyed in 2020.  You can't argue that Trump spent $2.74T on Covid.  Heck I could also throw in the tax cuts for the rich and Trump leaning on the Fed to lower rates in 2019 (during booming times?) that also contributed.

All you have are anecdotes regarding what Biden said.  That matters not.  The facts are that inflation was blooming just as Biden took office.  Can you explain how inflation doubled from Jan - Mar - May 2021?  Did Biden cause that too?  A massive, macro-economic indicator like inflation?

If you say yes then, no offense, but your complete lack of economic knowledge makes further attempts at educating you pointless. 

Bidenflation is real. And it’s not going away. 

8 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Heck I could also throw in the tax cuts for the rich

I start salivating everytime I hear tax cuts for the rich. We need more of that. 

1 minute ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Actually it did go away.

The higher prices have not. I know you have a minor in finance, but can you not grasp that?

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The higher prices have not. I know you have a minor in finance, but can you not grasp that?

You want deflation?

Should people's huge salary increases be taken away too?

17 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I argue actual economic realties.  You can't argue that supply chains were destroyed in 2020.  You can't argue that Trump spent $2.74T on Covid.  Heck I could also throw in the tax cuts for the rich and Trump leaning on the Fed to lower rates in 2019 (during booming times?) that also contributed.

All you have are anecdotes regarding what Biden said.  That matters not.  The facts are that inflation was blooming just as Biden took office.  Can you explain how inflation doubled from Jan - Mar - May 2021?  Did Biden cause that too?  A massive, macro-economic indicator like inflation?

If you say yes then, no offense, but your complete lack of economic knowledge makes further attempts at educating you pointless. 

AGAIN.....if you are suggesting that Biden knew this, then it is difficult to understand why he then pursued policies that would clearly lead to exacerbation of inflation and then pretended it wasn't happening....

It absolutely matters how Biden acted, and how his actions were clear to everyone.....to be inflationary, so then if we can agree that inflation was a danger.....why throw gasoline on it....where the only reason was to just be different than Trump....after he had already defeated him....it was reckless....

You actively ignore the realities, you seem to have at least a modest understanding of economics, enough to be as annoyed as the rest of us at the considerable mistakes that were made, which could have been easily avoided.

Hell, Biden even missed the opportunity to blame Trump, for months.....as if he truly.....did not understand the economics in motion....

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You want deflation?

I’d like to see gas prices deflate. If you think thats nas then you can stop bragging that they have come down some. Doh!!

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You want deflation?

Huge.  They haven’t kept up with inflation dum dum 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Overall Prices don't go down unless we're in a deflationary cycle which is not good for the economy.