cmh6476

Let's discuss the NFL's divisional round matchups

Packers/ 49ers  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Packers/ 49ers

2. 2. Buccaneers/ Lions

3. 3. Chiefs/ Bills

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2024 at 09:00 PM

42 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Baltimore 33

Houston 20

Detroit 28

TB 24

Buffalo 24

KC 21

I pretty much agree with all of these picks

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I pretty much agree with all of these picks

Tough games really.  With spreads.  Everyone seemingly is on Hou.  Lets go look at their schedule and how they did outdoors.   OT win at Tenn a month ago.  3 pt win over cincy outside.  Trashed at ny jets.  Hell lost to Carolina outside.  

They seem to be much different outside.  They are the darlings and everyones on board.  Seem very square.  

That said, Lamar hasnt been good in thr playoffs.  

So who knows.  Rookies don't make it to conf championships often.  

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Tough games really.  With spreads.  Everyone seemingly is on Hou.  Lets go look at their schedule and how they did outdoors.   OT win at Tenn a month ago.  3 pt win over cincy outside.  Trashed at ny jets.  Hell lost to Carolina outside.  

They seem to be much different outside.  They are the darlings and everyones on board.  Seem very square.  

That said, Lamar hasnt been good in thr playoffs.  

So who knows.  Rookies don't make it to conf championships often.  

What about GB SF?

I see SF winning, but not covering

28-24

Just now, supermike80 said:

What about GB SF?

I see SF winning, but not covering

28-24

As a Packers fan I don't really have a prediction.   If GBs defense plays anything like they have vs some teams like TB Carolina NYG then its a long long day.  SF can steamroll teams.  

If GBs defense plays one of their good games I still see at least 24 pts for thr 9ers probably more.  And Love will still need a great game.  They need to play like last week to have a chance, which they can do. 

10 pts has backdoor cover written all over it.  But SF games can get out of hand at times.   

I really don't know.  

21 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah well the Lions just beat a team with a QB better than Mayfield.  So there's that.  Plus, Stafford had an amazing game..played out of his mind...and still lost.

The rams also lost because of some poor coaching decisions on the part of the genius that is sean mcvay. For as smart as he is supposed to be he makes really bad game management mistakes. He should play some madden in the offseason and check out some different simulations. Maybe have some AI help him out 

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

The rams also lost because of some poor coaching decisions on the part of the genius that is sean mcvay. For as smart as he is supposed to be he makes really bad game management mistakes. He should play some madden in the offseason and check out some different simulations. Maybe have some AI help him out 

McVay has a reputation for being a wuss.  He did show that in the game for sure.   

Baltimore 21

Houston 10

Detroit 21

TB 24

Buffalo 14

KC 24                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

McVay has a reputation for being a wuss.  He did show that in the game for sure.   

I was surprised by that. I didn’t know that was a thing with him. 

one of you Lions guys going to start your game thread?

On 1/15/2024 at 10:11 PM, cmh6476 said:

49ers, Ravens, Chiefs, Lions

Second post won this thread

You Lions guys want me to start an nfc championship thread? I've done yall well to this point...

36 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

You Lions guys want me to start an nfc championship thread? I've done yall well to this point...

I nominate seafoam1 to start the ****official**** thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

****I nominate seafoam1 to start the official thread****

Chiefs/9ers super bowl it is :lol:

8 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs/9ers super bowl it is :lol:

Really. I am just savoring this right now.  The biggest thing to talk about in that is if Jonah Jackson and James Houston can play for the Lions and Debo for the 49ers.

49ers are 7 point favorites and the o/u is 50.5

Their O-Line is only five players. Jackson is important because all quality depth disappeared when Hal Vaitai went out for the year. Goff is dangerous when he has time but he needs an intact O-Line for that to happen.

On the other side of the ball, be it Jefferson or CeeDee or Nacua or Evans, every top shelf WR puts up video game numbers against the Lions cornerbacks. Debo will be next to feast on our clowns if he can go. If not, Purdy is going to have to work with Aiyuk and WRs who aren't much better than the Lions lined up opposite them. Aiyuk is a home run threat and the Lions give up a lot of home runs but if Debo can't go, who knows.

The Lions non-Hutchinson pass rush could experience a huge talent infusion if they can get James Houston back.

The Vikings beat the Debo-less 49ers and the Packers should have. CMac will have to deal with the #2 run defense in the league. So maybe the task isn't so daunting for the Lions as it would first appear.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:46 AM, MDC said:

I meant that last year’s Eagles team was far better than this years, and last year’s Niner team wasn’t as good as this year’s version. I agree they were pretty evenly matched, which makes Whiner fans claiming that they absolutely would have won with Purdy a laugh.

If they don’t win this year we’ll hear about how SF won the Shoulda Woulda Bowl for another offseason.

I mean, let's be honest, they were probably correct..

:dunno:

35 minutes ago, Reality said:

I mean, let's be honest, they were probably correct..

You guys are awfully smug for a team that hasn’t won a championship since Clinton’s first term. 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

You guys are awfully smug for a team that hasn’t won a championship since Clinton’s first term. 

How many championships have you won? 

On 1/15/2024 at 10:11 PM, cmh6476 said:

49ers, Ravens, Chiefs, Lions

Chiefs > 49ers

7 hours ago, MDC said:

Congrats on your 1, that window sure closed quickly. Hurts got paid though, good for him.

33 minutes ago, Reality said:

Congrats on your 1, that window sure closed quickly. Hurts got paid though, good for him.

Thanks, it’s nice to enjoy one in the 21st century.  I’m sure you’ve been to many parades in San Fran but the next one will be extra special when the Niners win!

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Thanks, it’s nice to enjoy one in the 21st century.  I’m sure you’ve been to many parades in San Fran but the next one will be extra special when the Niners win!

:thumbsup:

What's really nice is when your team has played in four of the last five super bowls :banana:

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

What's really nice is when your team has played in four of the last five super bowls :banana:

Congrats on the win boyo.  PM me and let me know what you want.  I'm offering a team jersey from a reliable online dealer as well if you'd like that.

Good luck in the Supe.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Will they clean the streets berfore the parade or simply parade through before a bunch of junkies?

9 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Congrats on the win boyo.  PM me and let me know what you want.  I'm offering a team jersey from a reliable online dealer as well if you'd like that.

Good luck in the Supe.

ummm, seriously?  Like this?

https://shop.chiefs.com/mens-nike-patrick-mahomes-red-kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-lviii-game-jersey/p-461112892871520957+z-95-2282833479

I can get 25% off with my season ticket discount... :ninja:

22 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Good luck in the Supe.

Respect 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Respect 👍

yeah Raven Fan is da man :banana: :banana: