Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

***OFFICIAL NFC Championship Lions @ 49ers Thread***

I don't want to be Debbie downer here, but I think the Lions fairytale run comes to an end here.   SF is beatable, but at home will be tough.  Goff doesn't play well outside

SF 30 Lions 20

What a year!!

Need injury news before serious prognosticating.  Deebo Samuels for instance is capable of moving the line a point or two on his own.  Also, I did not like seeing Frank Ragnow dinged up.  Based on way too early lack of info I give Detroit, playing on a shorter week than San Fran, and traveling, no better than a 15 % chance of winning.  Still, the ball can bounce funny and refs can make strange calls.  I will probably root for them as I tend to root for underdogs once my team is eliminated.

47 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Need injury news before serious prognosticating.  Deebo Samuels for instance is capable of moving the line a point or two on his own.  Also, I did not like seeing Frank Ragnow dinged up.  Based on way too early lack of info I give Detroit, playing on a shorter week than San Fran, and traveling, no better than a 15 % chance of winning.  Still, the ball can bounce funny and refs can make strange calls.  I will probably root for them as I tend to root for underdogs once my team is eliminated.

It does not sound like his shoulder was bothering him too much.   He was able to lift his arms above his shoulders and remove his shirt with no pain.  I fully expect Deebo to be active.  Ragnow will play as long as he can walk.  

• Haha 1

65 and sunny for the game. Deebo will needle up and play big. Jayir Brown will be back. Bosa will earn that new paycheck. I like the Niners chances 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Looks more like your latest trip to the Dollar Store. 

9 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Looks more like your latest trip to the Dollar Store. 

Dude..Seriously..Whats wrong with you?   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Dude..Seriously..Whats wrong with you?   

Sorry the funny stuff hurts you. 

15 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Sorry the funny stuff hurts you. 

Its not funny though.   You're just a very very weird guy

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Its not funny though.   You're just a very very weird guy

I'm happy for you. 

a lot of talent on that Det team.

I think SF can contain Gibbs/Montgomery (relatively). Jones started well, then SF clamped down on him.... and he broke a big one late.

curious to see if/how much ward shadows st brown.  Dbs have bee vulnerable since hufanga went down. anthony was horrid last week

both olinbe and dline need to do a lot better.

purdy will rebound for a few reasons.. he rarely has two bad games in a row, det lbs and dbs in coverage. he is going to expoit those middle routes (between lbs and safeties)

31-21 49ers

On 1/22/2024 at 8:26 AM, supermike80 said:

I don't want to be Debbie downer here, but I think the Lions fairytale run comes to an end here.   SF is beatable, but at home will be tough.  Goff doesn't play well outside

SF 30 Lions 20

What a year!!

Shut up you fock. Go Lions!!!

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

a lot of talent on that Det team.

I think SF can contain Gibbs/Montgomery (relatively). Jones started well, then SF clamped down on him.... and he broke a big one late.

curious to see if/how much ward shadows st brown.  Dbs have bee vulnerable since hufanga went down. anthony was horrid last week

both olinbe and dline need to do a lot better.

purdy will rebound for a few reasons.. he rarely has two bad games in a row, det lbs and dbs in coverage. he is going to expoit those middle routes (between lbs and safeties)

31-21 49ers

Purdy will rebound. Detroit has no answers on D for the Niners. This is going to be all on the front 4 for the Niners D. They play like they're paid finally and Niners are going to the SB

I'm going to watch.  I'll be rooting for the Lions fans to have a memorable day. I'll be betting the 49ers.  They ahve too many weapons for the back end of the Lions defense.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'm going to watch.  I'll be rooting for the Lions fans to have a memorable day. I'll be betting the 49ers.  They ahve too many weapons for the back end of the Lions defense.

Deebo is playing? 

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Deebo is playing? 

He is playing. 

do not know at what % healthy 

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

He is playing. 

do not know at what % healthy 

Hmm.. I was going to take the +7, but maybe I'll just layoff at this point. 

I'll either feel euphoric and watch this game with no preference on the outcome or watch it mad and not care about it at all. 

:(

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I'll either feel euphoric and watch this game with no preference on the outcome or watch it mad and not care about it at all. 

:(

Do you have a preferred opponent if your chiefs win?

I think a lions chiefs game could set all time viewership records

10 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Do you have a preferred opponent if your chiefs win?

I think a lions chiefs game could set all time viewership records

I'd like to see the lions just because I've endured the suffering of the fftoday lion fan base over the years just as you used to endure mine. 

I will say I do think the 49ers are the better and more complete team.   But I don't care who we face anymore; we have mahomes so bring on whoever.   I don't think the 49ers will be able to continue to pay the players they have at the level they do across the board, especially after they're past purdy's rookie contact.  Longterm I think favors the lions.   You guys are up and coming. 

Just now, cmh6476 said:

I will say I do think the 49ers are the better and more complete team.   But I don't care who we face anymore; we have mahomes so bring on whoever.   I don't think the 49ers will be able to continue to pay the players they have at the level they do across the board, especially after they're past purdy's rookie contact.  Longterm I think favors the lions.   You guys are up and coming. 

Who is "we"? Are you on the team?

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Who is "we"? Are you on the team?

Just part of the kingdom

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Just part of the kingdom

You don't even live in KC. 

Lions are about to get smoked. 

Sorry, I'm rooting for them but they have almost no shot IMO. Goff is God awful both on grass and on on the road. 

Deebo in, Houston in, Jackson out

11 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Lions are about to get smoked. 

Sorry, I'm rooting for them but they have almost no shot IMO. Goff is God awful both on grass and on on the road. 

Goff isn't the problem. The problem is cornerback or lack thereof. Also non-Hutchinson pass rush. James Houston is finally in his first game back and may be rusty and or still less than 100% but if he's able to play at a high level, that'd help immensely.

Also Jonah Jackson missing (and Vaitai long gone) opens a hole on the O-Line.

Euphoric neutral observation tonight

Also Eminem was born in my hometown

12 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Also Eminem was born in my hometown

You fock his mom too? 

• 49ers vs. Lions point spread: 49ers -7.5
  • 49ers vs. Lions over/under: 51.5 points
  • 49ers vs. Lions money line: 49ers -351, Lions +277
  • DET: Lions are a league-best 13-6 against the spread this season
  • SF: 49ers are 5-1 against the spread in their last six home playoff games