Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

***OFFICIAL SuperBowl Chiefs v 49ers Thread***

1 hour ago, edjr said:

So he gets all the credit when they win. MVP!! but it's everyone else's fault when they lose. Got it. 

That’s not what I see happening anyway. I think he gets the credit when he’s number one in numerous statistical categories. He gets credit for being a 2nd year last pick outplaying most of the league all year.

want to pin Baltimore on him? No problem.  

But last night was far from him.

I was not particularly impressed by either team.  I found the game completely lacking in flow.  Still, congratulations to Kansas City and condolensces to the 49ers. 

11 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I like that.   We get the ball regardless so who cares.   Defense, run it back!

Not sure why the 9ers wanted the ball first.   Cmh > Kyle Shanahan

37 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I thought this, too.  I know the D had just been on the field, but the end-of-regulation break was at least 10 minutes of rest and hydration.  Take the ball second and go into your possession knowing what you need.  Who wants to give the ball to Mahomes with the game on the line?  Only KC.

Just now, MLCKAA said:

I thought this, too.  I know the D had just been on the field, but the end-of-regulation break was at least 10 minutes of rest and hydration.  Take the ball second and go into your possession knowing what you need.  Who wants to give the ball to Mahomes with the game on the line?  Only KC.

Once they settled for a FG in 4th and 4 the game was over. 

43 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Shanahan did an overall terrible job. It was criminal how he all but abandoned the running game. I have no idea why he did that but it definitely cost him the game. 

23 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Shanahan did an overall terrible job. It was criminal how he all but abandoned the running game. I have no idea why he did that but it definitely cost him the game. 

I didn’t mind it because I figure if you give me the ball and I go down and score points at all. As long as I don’t give you a 75 yard touchdown drive I now get the ball again with the chance to win. And if I can’t stop Jesus Christ himself from going 75 yards and a touchdown probably dont deserve to win.  
49ers could’ve gotten a stop, you could have a missed field goal, you could have a turnover, but I want to put the pressure on the other team that they know they have to have points.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I was not particularly impressed by either team.  I found the game completely lacking in flow.  Still, congratulations to Kansas City and condolensces to the 49ers. 

Much better than the Rams vs Patriots SB. That was dreadful to watch.

The NFL just is watered down from what it used to be. I blame the pussification of the sport. 

Yalls TikTok brains won't let you think any game is good unless the combined score is over 70. That was a great game with a great finish. Wish 49ers would've win though.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

That was a great game with a great finish. Wish 49ers would've win though.

It was an amazing game. I won't lie, the first half was painfully boring but they made up for it in the 4th quarter and OT. 

The game was bad.  Bad penalties, fumbles, dropped passes.  I don't mind a defensive game at all, but this was not a defensive battle, it was sloppy and undisciplined.

The 4th quarter was exciting though, made up for it.

John Elway bringing us the Lombardi in the Raider's stadium was epic

Just now, cmh6476 said:

John Elway bringing us the Lombardi in the Raider's stadium was epic

You're not on the team. 

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yalls TikTok brains won't let you think any game is good unless the combined score is over 70. That was a great game with a great finish. Wish 49ers would've win though.

Was a great finish. Hardly a great game. 

Just now, edjr said:

You're not on the team. 

I'm a season ticket holder.  I have a Super Bowl ring paperweight the chiefs sent me last year for being a STM :dunno:

1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm a season ticket holder.  I have a Super Bowl ring paperweight the chiefs sent me last year for being a STM :dunno:

you're not on the team, Elway didn't bring you sh1t

1 minute ago, edjr said:

you're not on the team, Elway didn't bring you sh1t

and I'm telling you the players, coaches and ownership would count Chiefs Kingdom as being part of the team.

It was a horrible game.  Looked and played like two very average/below average teams.  

10 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

and I'm telling you the players, coaches and ownership would count Chiefs Kingdom as being part of the team.

Of course they would say that - you are spending a ton of money and they want you to continue doing so.   The main way to do that is to tell you that and make you feel like part of the experience.  

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

Of course they would say that - you are spending a ton of money and they want you to continue doing so.   The main way to do that is to tell you that and make you feel like part of the experience.  

Isn’t that sort of the point of being a fan of a team? 

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Isn’t that sort of the point of being a fan of a team? 

Fan of a team <> being on the team or part of the team.   

4 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Fan of a team <> being on the team or part of the team.   

Meh… part of being a fan. You identify with a team, you win and lose with the team, you hurt and celebrate a team win.

I think I use that all the time. We played great today, we looked like ass today. Didn’t know I had to be on a roster otherwise we probably shouldn’t celebrate either because you’re not really on the team and didn’t contribute to the win.

Let me be the first to welcome the chiefs to the quad super bowl club.  Ain’t it great! 

57 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Why didn't Shanahan kick off in the OT? Did he not know the rules?

And then there's the Chiefs preparation where Mahomes said after the game he got almost bored with hearing how many times in meetings the coaching staff kept going over the new OT rules.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

And then there's the Chiefs preparation where Mahomes said after the game he got almost bored with hearing how many times in meetings the coaching staff kept going over the new OT rules.

Shanahan is a dope 

I have to say I am so befuddled over people saying Shanny should have kicked the ball in OT and not received.

WHAT???????  Kick it to Maholmies, so he can walk down and score a TD and end it?  WHAT>??>??

What the fock universe am I living in?

Anyone remember the Pats/Chefs AFC Champ game when NE won the toss and went down to score a TD and the chefs fans were crying for rules changes? WE DIDNT GET THE BALL WAAHHHH!!!! WHAT THE FOCK????????

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have to say I am so befuddled over people saying Shanny should have kicked the ball in OT and not received.

WHAT???????  Kick it to Maholmies, so he can walk down and score a TD and end it?  WHAT>??>??

What the fock universe am I living in?

Anyone remember the Pats/Chefs AFC Champ game when NE won the toss and went down to score a TD and the chefs fans were crying for rules changes? WE DIDNT GET THE BALL WAAHHHH!!!! WHAT THE FOCK????????

They did change the rule.  That's why he should have kicked it.

6 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

:thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Guess I am as dumb and uninformed as shanny. That is why I am not an NFL coach. Nor should he be

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

Guess I am as dumb and uninformed as shanny. That is why I am not an NFL coach. Nor should he be

I was wondering wtf as well. It’s dumb they have different rules from the regular season. Baseball does it also though now too

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

If you kick, then you get the chance for a stop on 3 downs, or hold to a FG.  Then you can score a TD on 4 downs.

if they get a TD, you have a chance to get a TD on 4 downs, and then go for 2 to win.

1 hour ago, The Psychic Observer said:

If you kick, then you get the chance for a stop on 3 downs, or hold to a FG.  Then you can score a TD on 4 downs.

if they get a TD, you have a chance to get a TD on 4 downs, and then go for 2 to win.

He absolutely should of kicked it. There's no way that he knew the rule, nobody can convince me otherwise. 

There's no benefit of receiving the ball first in OT. Andy Reid was probably laughing under his breath. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He absolutely should of kicked it. There's no way that he knew the rule, nobody can convince me otherwise. 

There's no benefit of receiving the ball first in OT. Andy Reid was probably laughing under his breath. 

Of course there is a benefit. 

If you both dont score on first drive, you get the ball on third possession with chance to win. 

If you both get FGs same thing. 

If it was a guarantee that KC was going to score a TD then the real criticism here should be that they didnt go for it on 4th down. 

1 minute ago, jonnyutah said:

it was a guarantee that KC was going to score a TD then the real criticism here should be that they didnt go for it on 4th down. 

It's Mahomes, of course he was going to score. 

Using your theory he should of used all 4 downs and scored a TD. A FG doesn't work under your scenario. 

Give KC the ball, see what happens. Then you know if you're in 4 down territory or 3 down & FG. That changes everything. There's NO benefit of taking the kickoff, he didn't know the rule. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's Mahomes, of course he was going to score. 

Using your theory he should of used all 4 downs and scored a TD. A FG doesn't work under your scenario. 

Give KC the ball, see what happens. Then you know if you're in 4 down territory or 3 down & FG. That changes everything. There's NO benefit of taking the kickoff, he didn't know the rule. 

If you believe it is a guarantee that mahomes would score a td, then it is a no brainer call to take the ball first. 

Same people arguing Andy Reid would definitely  go for two if San Fran scored a TD first and kicked an extra point are also of the belief that if KC had the ball first they wouldnt be aggressive on 4th down.