Mike FF Today

Super Bowl LVIII: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Darn I don’t like the line, or the total.  I’ll be waiting for a week. I would expect some heavy Niner action here in Reno, we have a lot of Niners fans.  

Opening odds: 49ers -2.5, O/U 47.5

I'll take the Chiefs all day everyday and twice on Sunday, and the over!! 

Chiefs defense might be the best unit on the field.

• Like 1

Superstitions, whether you believe in them or not, abound throughout the NFLand have for many years. While there is no scientific basis or data proving them to be real or tangible they nonetheless exist. Teams, players, fans all have them.and will swear by them. I too have my own superstitions when it comes to my S.F. 49ers. I choose to keep them private. There is one out there that I wish to discuss and you can.chime in with your feelings.or belief I it or care to share your own football superstitions.

There is one that says the team.that.are.wearing the WHITE JERSEYS during the superbowl have went on to win it on numerous occasions over recent years. Not exactly sure of.the numbers.but somewhere.around 8 or.9 of the last 12-14 superbowls the team.with the white.jerseys wins. Now, which brings us to the superbowl about to take place between the Kansas City Chiefs versus the San Francisco 49ers. Since the AFC won the last superbowl, the Chiefs, they will be designated the home team and will get to choose what color of jersey they will wear. I'll go out on a limb and say they will.choose to wear white jerseys. If.they do are the playing jnto that superstition of winners wearing white jerseys? I say yes.and by doing so are they fearful, I doubt it, that.they might lose if they don't wear white? I know, I know, it's all hogwash but many still buy into.the white.jersey.theory. I'm fine with them.wearing white as I'm in favor of my 59ers wearing their RED JERSEYS. I just think they look better wearing the red. Still all baseless facts of the superstitions I will still proudly portray mine.during the superbowl. This will be our 3rd appearance in the SB since we.last.won in 1994 and the most recent 2 we have lost. One tk the Ravens and one to the Chiefs.

While I'm not looking.forward to facing who I think is the best QB currently in the NFL, I'm grateful that the 49ers get the chance to play in it and possibly win their 6th,.yes 6th, Superbowl title. You know what.they say, 3rd time's a charm and hopefully it will be for my S.F. 49ers. Yeah, guess I too am falling victim to funny superstitions but heck it's.fun to believe in what you believe. So, I say bring it on Kansas City Chiefs. We're looking to avenge our loss to you in the SB recently.and ready to Houston the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the game.and.proudly wear our 6th superbowl ring.

LET'S GO SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS !!!!!!!

The Chiefs will be in red jerseys.

14 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The Chiefs will be in red jerseys.

That's Taylor's favorite color ❤️

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

That's Taylor's favorite color ❤️

Maybe she can talk them into letting her be on the field as one of the cheerleaders,lol. Then can be really be close to her boyfriend and she'll be right there to console him and wipe away his tears when they lose. Then in the offseason him and Pat can make a new commercial with state farm, and it'll be Jake, Mahomes and Maswift, doh!

2 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Then can be really be close to her boyfriend and she'll be right there to console him

That's kinda hot 🔥

Maybe Taylor will get the urge to perform and make a cameo appearance on stage with Usher. Nah, wait a minute. She won't feel like doing that when her boyfriends team is behind at halftime. She did get herself a library card when in Baltimore so.after the game Taylor.and Travis can go back to the B-more library and check out the book, Grief Counseling after losing the Superbowl for Dummies.

I'm rooting for Taylor to get her first super bowl ring.  I think those kids are going to make it.

Well, since Taylor is getting so much air/face time maybe they should rename the trophy to the Tsylor Swift Chamionship Trophy. Geez, I get the ype between Kelce.and her bit the media needs to stop all.this crap about it.

18 hours ago, nobody said:

I'm rooting for Taylor to get her first super bowl ring.  I think those kids are going to make it.

Good Lord, imagine that trust fund if they have kids💰

22 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Good Lord, imagine that trust fund if they have kids💰

Travis and Taylor have boatloads of money so they don't need more. How about letting the young financially challenged last pick in the draft Brock Purdy earning a ring and getting a boost to his wallet. It'd be a good story that the last.pick in the draft was able to go win a superbowl.

GO.SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!!!!

On 1/29/2024 at 1:17 AM, nobody said:

Chiefs defense might be the best unit on the field.

I agree.

People are talking about the offense, and the WRs dropping passes. All that stuff.

Their defense has quietly held down the fort and shut down 3 of the best offenses in the AFC.

• Like 1

Chiefs defense is no doubt pretty good. The 49ers defense is pretty good as well.so I'm not giving the edge to either and this superbowl could easily end up being.a.low score defensive battle. I will however go out on a limb and say I think the S.F. 49ers score a defensive td. Maybe a fumble recovery and run in or how about something crazy, Deebo Samuel runs a kick back for a td. Brock Purdg has been busted on for a while being the last pick in the draft yet has been able to help.this team get to the SB. No, I don't think he outduels Mahomes but you.can't argue that.the 49ers have better skill players than the Chiefs and that fact will end up being in the 9ers favor and enough for them to get a 3 point win.

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Chiefs defense is no doubt pretty good. The 49ers defense is pretty good as well.so I'm not giving the edge to either and this superbowl could easily end up being.a.low score defensive battle. I will however go out on a limb and say I think the S.F. 49ers score a defensive td. Maybe a fumble recovery and run in or how about something crazy, Deebo Samuel runs a kick back for a td. Brock Purdg has been busted on for a while being the last pick in the draft yet has been able to help.this team get to the SB. No, I don't think he outduels Mahomes but you.can't argue that.the 49ers have better skill players than the Chiefs and that fact will end up being in the 9ers favor and enough for them to get a 3 point win.

They're both very talented teams on both sides of the ball. The Chefs have the star QB and the star TE, and the 49ers have stars everywhere else.

I think it's also worth mentioning, they're probably the two best coached teams in the NFL. Reid and Shanahan are arguably the two best HCs in the NFL right now. These two teams have a solid and consistent system year in and year out. That's a big help in a lot of ways.

7 minutes ago, polecatt said:

They're both very talented teams on both sides of the ball. The Chefs have the star QB and the star TE, and the 49ers have stars everywhere else.

I think it's also worth mentioning, they're probably the two best coached teams in the NFL. Reid and Shanahan are arguably the two best HCs in the NFL right now. These two teams have a solid and consistent system year in and year out. That's a big help in a lot of ways.

I agree. Very true. You.can have all the talent in the world on your roster but if they aren't coached right then you'll be able to see the result on the field. Both Reid and Shanahan are in tune with their players and it shows both are excellant coaches. That said, Reid still has the hardware that proves he's an excellant head coach. Shanahan currently has no rings yet.still.considered to be an offensive genius. He'll get the chance to prove his worth by breaking through the wall.that's.kept him from winning the big one and finally get his first Superbowl ring. GO SHANNY!!!

The 49ers’ counter to Taylor Swift is Miss Universe.

49ers 27-24.

Has anyone bet on the side or total yet, I’m still having a difficult time deciding.  

I don’t bet on the home team

no Seahawks on my fantasy roster either

21 hours ago, DrG said:

I don’t bet on the home team

no Seahawks on my fantasy roster either

I like your style 😎

I can't bet on my team either because I don't want to think about them winning AND covering the spread (assuming they're the favorite).

And no Seahawks on my FF roster just speaks for itself.   Rooting for one of them to do well is just gross.  Even seeing them on my roster would make me ill.  I will draft them if they are good value, but with the sole intent to trade them as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:08 PM, Flipper said:

Did any Likns fans get SB tickets during their 2 home playoff wins? Just.curious. Fans of teams that lose in the playoffs or thr conference title games will always find ways to justify why.they lost st the expense if the winning teams. I'm guilty of this as well yet it does seem odd that a 49ers fan got tickets at halftime. Surely they just didn't come up with idea right at halftime. I'm sure that was planned way before the game even started. So to those who think it was rigged just shut up, lay down and take the loss as a man/woman. Lions season has been a cinderella story and rightfully so. They'll get their chance to go to the SB, just.not this year. The 48ers have been knocking on the door of the SB.sunce we lost to the Chiefs a few.years ago and they're hungry to get there and win. They want to avenge.all the recent seasons when.thry didn't get to the SB so we.have motivation on taking home the title.

Two-Team Parlay - KC ML +110 and Under 48 -120 (buy .5 point)

$100 to win $285

You're welcome.

Good luck. 

10 hours ago, LaChup said:

Two-Team Parlay - KC ML +110 and Under 48 -120 (buy .5 point)

$100 to win $285

You're welcome.

Nice 👍

Let's analyze that stats of the games going back to 2020.....

Favorite to win - 12

Underdog to win - 12

Underdog to cover - 16 

Favorite to cover - 7

Push - 1

Over - 11

Under - 13

What does this tell us? In the past 24 years, the favorite/underdog winning percentage is 50/50. The underdog has covered 66% of the time. The under has hit just over 50% of the time.

My theory has always been that Vegas is in it to win money. Human nature, especially with the casual bettors, is to bet the favorite and hope for a high scoring game. Therefore, the best bet is Chiefs to cover and under.

That is unless Taylor puts a massive hex on Kelce the way she did the first 5 games of dating him 🤣Good luck everyone.

45 minutes ago, LaChup said:

Let's analyze that stats of the games going back to 2020.....

Favorite to win - 12

Underdog to win - 12

Underdog to cover - 16 

Favorite to cover - 7

Push - 1

Over - 11

Under - 13

What does this tell us? In the past 24 years, the favorite/underdog winning percentage is 50/50. The underdog has covered 66% of the time. The under has hit just over 50% of the time.

My theory has always been that Vegas is in it to win money. Human nature, especially with the casual bettors, is to bet the favorite and hope for a high scoring game. Therefore, the best bet is Chiefs to cover and under.

That is unless Taylor puts a massive hex on Kelce the way she did the first 5 games of dating him 🤣Good luck everyone.

Thanks for those stats.  Could help bettors decide which way to go and what to bet. I'm not a big betting fan but I'm going yo go against the grain in this one. DraftKjngs had said that the top seed and favorite jn the superbowl is only 2 & 15 against the spread so by all rights I guess the 59ers, being the top seed, won't cover the spread. I am going to just say my S.F. 49ers win the game outright and will cover the spread. I had said earlier I thought they'd win 28 - 27 so I'm amending that and say they win 31 to 28. That should be enough to cover the spread, unless for some reason the spread goes up before game time. GO SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!

Here is another interesting thought. Vegas just needs 50% to be profitable because of the juice. They set the 49ers to be the favorites, knowing that by gametime, the casual TSwizzy bettors will make the Chiefs a last second favorite due to the bets coming in.......therefore making a late bet on the 49ers plus money a very solid pick.

We need to watch the line in this one. The Swizzles can ball all kinds of things up by not even trying.

Shanahan is due!

wild card: both CMC and Samuel have kick return experience. I think Shanahan pulls a few cards out of his sleeve tomorrow.

1 hour ago, DrG said:

Shanahan is due!

wild card: both CMC and Samuel have kick return experience. I think Shanahan pulls a few cards out of his sleeve tomorrow.

I doubt Shanahan uses CMC in the return game. Although I could certainly see Deebo returning a phnt or kickoff. If nothing else he.could help us get decent field positions with his returns. There again you.open up the risk of Deebo getting hurt during the return and we.certainly don't want that tk happen. We absolutely need Deebo on the field for offense if we.want to.win this game. I'm sure Shanny has mulled over the thought that.will it be worth the risk to have him return kicks. I'd.prefwr he doesn't return kicks. Just.thjnk that getting.some.extra.tardage in field position isn't worth the risk that.he could get injured. We.know he's.had a bum shoulder recently so why risk aggravating it.again.