Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Former FBI informant charged with lying about the Bidens’ role in Ukraine business

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/15/politics/former-fbi-informant-charged-biden-burisma/index.html

Special counsel David Weiss charged a former FBI informant with lying about President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden’s involvement in business dealings with Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings, undercutting a major aspect of Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into the president.

Alexander Smirnov, 43, is facing charges in connection with lying to the FBI and creating false records. He was arrested Thursday at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas, after his arrival in the US from overseas, and will make his initial appearance in federal court Thursday afternoon.

CNN is working to determine whether Smirnov has an attorney.

The indictment alleges that Smirnov’s story to the FBI “was a fabrication, an amalgam of otherwise unremarkable business meetings and contacts that had actually occurred but at a later date than he claimed and for the purpose of pitching Burisma on the Defendant’s services and products, not for discussing bribes to [Joe Biden] when he was in office.”

Congressional Republicans have championed Smirnov’s now-discredited allegations for roughly a year, though not by name. They fought with the FBI to obtain memos about what Smirnov told investigators and publicly released the materials over the FBI’s objections. The congressional Republicans repeatedly praised Smirnov as “credible” and put his uncorroborated claims front-and-center in their impeachment inquiry into the president.

While announcing the impeachment inquiry, then-House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said “a trusted FBI informant has alleged a bribe to the Biden family.” The FBI is now using some of the same memos that congressional Republicans released as part of their indictment against Smirnov.

“In truth and fact, the Defendant had contact with executives from Burisma in 2017, after the end of the Obama-Biden Administration and after the then Ukrainian Prosecutor General had been fired in February 2016, in other words, when [Joe Biden] had no ability to influence U.S. policy and when the Prosecutor General was no longer in office,” the indictment states.

It continues, “In short, the Defendant transformed his routine and unextraordinary business contacts with Burisma in 2017 and later into bribery allegations against [Joe Biden], the presumptive nominee of one of the two major political parties for President, after expressing bias against [Joe Biden] and his candidacy.”

• Haha 1

But wait @RLLD assured me that Biden had committed crimes beyond a reasonable doubt?

Don't tell me a partisan bought into partisan BS...

SAD

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

But what @RLLD assured me that Biden had committed crimes beyond a reasonable doubt?

SAD

RLLD is half a clown.  The other half is a shill for the Republicans.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zsasz said:

RLLD is half a clown.  The other half is a shill for the Republicans.  

But he's supposed to be reasonable and not partisan?  At least that's what he claims.

LMFAO

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

But he's supposed to be reasonable and not partisan?  At least that's what he claims.

LMFAO

It's good schtick...I'll give him that.  But he's phonier than red hair on an Asian.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Oh what will MAGAturds do now?

🤣

I imagine that one blow hard on here will give some lame comment on Biden being old....that one jackass will post some link about Biden sniffing children...and that one clown will try to sound smart and impartial but really just comes across as a pompus stunod.  

You can decide for yourself which of these morons is which......

• Like 2

So the FBI arrested their own informant? For making claims years ago? That’s a crack unit they got there.  Lol. 

6 minutes ago, zsasz said:

I imagine that one blow hard on here will give some lame comment on Biden being old....that one jackass will post some link about Biden sniffing children...and that one clown will try to sound smart and impartial but really just comes across as a pompus stunod.  

D) None of the above 

8 minutes ago, zsasz said:

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So the FBI arrested their own informant? For making claims years ago? That’s a crack unit they got there.  Lol. 

Blowhard in the hizzah!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zsasz said:

So you got nothing. I agree. Nothing. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

So you got nothing. I agree. Nothing. 

All we need is pompus stunod for the Retard Trifecta!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, zsasz said:

All we need is pompus stunod for the Retard Trifecta!!!!!!!!

You've already completed it with you, pimpledoosh, and generaldoosh. 

Peefoam’s jokes operate at like a 3rd grade level. He’s like a slower, slightly less manly version of Pee Wee Herman. 

• Haha 4

Just now, thegeneral said:

Peefoam’s jokes operate at like a 3rd grade level. He’s like a slower, slightly less manly version of Pee Wee Herman. 

Oh boy. What a good one...

The MAGAturd list of things to complain about continues to dwindle. 

Perhaps they should pivot away from a whine-based approach to issues and become more solutions-based.

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The MAGAturd list of things to complain about continues to dwindle. 

Perhaps they should pivot away from a whine-based approach to issues and become more solutions-based.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, BeachGuy23 said:

But wait @RLLD assured me that Biden had committed crimes beyond a reasonable doubt?

SAD

SO.....your mind tells you, that since this source was discredited.....that Biden is cleared....right?

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

SO.....your mind tells you, that since this source was discredited.....that Biden is cleared....right?

Well, the "source" was the only "evidence" they had linking Biden to payments for access.

So yes, Biden is cleared.

16 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Well, the "source" was the only "evidence" they had linking Biden to payments for access.

So yes, Biden is cleared.

Excellent.   You and I can then agree, if only because the situation meets the criteria that your bias requires.....happenstance of course, but it demonstrates that you at least have some understanding of morality....even if only because the political factor allows it for you

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Excellent.   You and I can then agree, if only because the situation meets the criteria that your bias requires.....happenstance of course, but it demonstrates that you at least have some understanding of morality....even if only because the political factor allows it for you

I seem to recall you saying you’d admit you were wrong if there wasn’t any definitive proof of Biden taking payments.

Don’t tell me you’re going to walk it back??? :o 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I seem to recall you saying you’d admit you were wrong if there wasn’t any definitive proof of Biden taking payments.

Don’t tell me you’re going to walk it back??? :o 

Of course, when the investigation concludes and they have not proven a link between all that extravagant money laundered through the LLC's and political action.....then I am fully ready....

You cannot think of me using they way you think, I am not like you, I hold to my position, your position will be dictated by your political ideology....we are not the same....

• Haha 1

Russia Collusion told us that the Democrats think this is a non-issue if we're making a political attack. :dunno:

On 2/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, BeachGuy23 said:

SAD

And this does not disprove that.....but if this person lied then anything they contributed should be discarded, just because this was not done for Trump does not mean we should also do it to Biden, wrong is wrong. Getting even is not a path

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And this does not disprove that.....but if this person lied then anything they contributed should be discarded, just because this was not done for Trump does not mean we should also do it to Biden, wrong is wrong. Getting even is not a path

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Like Russian Collusion.....and more than one gender......and the p!ssing thing.....and on and on......

26 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agreed.

28 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Of course, when the investigation concludes and they have not proven a link between all that extravagant money laundered through the LLC's and political action.....then I am fully ready....

You cannot think of me using the way you think, I am not like you, I hold to my position, your position will be dictated by your political ideology....we are not the same....

Glad to hear you’ll admit you were wrong if there’s no definitive proof that Joe Biden took bribes. :thumbsup: 

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

Glad to hear you’ll admit you were wrong if there’s no definitive proof that Joe Biden took bribes. :thumbsup: 

It would not be the first time I have done so, continuing to paint me with how you think might not yield the outcomes you expect.

• Like 1

Alexander Smirnov

My favorite vodka. When you drink as much as me,. you have to go cheap

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It would not be the first time I have done so, continuing to paint me with how you think might not yield the outcomes you expect.

Just getting you on the record, friend-o. :thumbsup: 

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just getting you on the record, friend-o. :thumbsup: 

I am already on the record, as you know, this little thing is just you pretending I am as malleable as you are.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I am already on the record, as you know, this little thing is just you pretending I am as malleable as you are.

Good to hear you’re a man of your word and will admit that you were wrong if the investigation fails to find definitive proof of Joe Biden taking bribes! 

Just now, MDC said:

Good to hear you’re a man of your word and will admit that you were wrong if the investigation fails to find definitive proof of Joe Biden taking bribes! 

Well, isn't that the American Way?  You are guilty until no proof is found that you committed a crime.   :thumbsup: