The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’ve got to be kidding. This is classless on your part. I will not pay you a cent. Rest assured I would never try to pull such a ridiculous trap on you. I honor my wagers. 

For the record I didn’t fall inro your stupid trap anyhow since I didn’t agree to settle the bet today. I wrote “up to you.” I even offered to let you send the money to charity in November. And then you pull this crap?? 

Screw it, I’m done with you. If you want to honor the bet at some point you can send the money to charity. I don’t want a penny of yours. With this post you have shown yourself what sort of person you are. 

So after being a ;punk ass all day, across two threads you welch on the terms you asked for and said i could call.  That after you assuring us you were a man of your word.

Oh, making it up to on terms you were touting all day is agreeing when I agree.

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Jon I already said it was fine I will wait until November. That’s what I said to everyone. 

It is not a matter of waiting.  You think you already won and it has not 

Just now, jonmx said:

It is not a matter of waiting.  You think you already won and it has not 

I think I won the spirit of the bet, but not the actual bet. The spirit of the bet was the idea that the Democrats were so nervous about Biden that they would find a way to replace him on the ticket. That’s obviously not going to happen now. That’s what I meant. But of course I didnt.win the actual bet. Not until he is the actual nominee. I never asserted otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So after being a ;punk ass all day, across two threads you welch on the terms you asked for and said i could call.  That after you assuring us you were a man of your word.

Oh, making it up to on terms you were touting all day is agreeing when I agree.

First off you were the punk ass. For telling me to go back to my thread and before that for bragging about about the  wager and wanting me to write “I am a dumbass” on a check. Second your semantics and stupid tricks are unimpressive. And frankly stupid. I’m sure some folks here who already don’t like me will no doubt cheer you on but I believe most people reading this will know what a weasel you’re being. I think you know it yourself. But whatever. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think I won the spirit of the bet, but not the actual bet. 

I’m gonna make this argument to Fanduel.  Sounds legit

First off you were the punk ass. For telling me to go back to my thread and before that for bragging about about the  wager and wanting me to write “I am a dumbass” on a check. Second your semantics and stupid tricks are unimpressive. And frankly stupid. I’m sure some folks here who already don’t like me will no doubt cheer you on but I believe most people reading this will know what a weasel you’re being. I think you know it yourself. But whatever. 

You asked for this, you begged for it, you went out of your way to call me out on it and now you welch.  As for what others think I do not care.  I note that you think you were outsmarted, don't like it, and so determine you can be a welcher when you stated today what a man of honor you are about bets.

• Like 1

I think I won the spirit of the bet, but not the actual bet. The spirit of the bet was the idea that the Democrats were so nervous about Biden that they would find a way to replace him on the ticket. That’s obviously not going to happen now. 

It is not even remotely obvious.  The spirit of the bet is the Dems will find a way to replace Biden at the convention.  Everyone knew he would win the primary, but Democrats do not respect Democracy. 

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Pay up welcher.

Tell you what. I trust the integrity of @Voltaire and @jerryskids as much as I do anyone here. I disagree with them most of the time but they strike me as honest. Let them read the last page or so of this thread, including your argument as to why you think I lost, and my response. If either one of them agree with you I will send you the $2000. Agreed? 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Tell you what. I trust the integrity of @Voltaire and @jerryskids as much as I do anyone here. I disagree with them most of the time but they strike me as honest. Let them read the last page or so of this thread, including your argument as to why you think I lost, and my response. If either one of them agree with you I will send you the $2000. Agreed? 

Nope.  You insulted me, called me out, suggested terms I accepted you lost on the terms of the bet as you have tactically acknowlledged multiple times.   You lost.  you are looking to weael out.  You are a weaseling welcher.  Pay up.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Nope.  You insulted me, called me out, suggested terms I accepted you lost on the terms of the bet as you have tactically acknowlledged multiple times.   You lost.  you are looking to weael out.  You are a weaseling welcher.  Pay up.

What I thought. You know already no honest person is going to agree with you. Go away. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

What I thought. You know already no honest person is going to agree with you. Go away. 

You agree with me.  That is why you are so angry, because you walked into a trap constructed of your own hubris.  You are mad at yourself, not me.  But you are taking it out on me.  You are a Weasel welcher.

@Voltaire

@jerryskids

@Jon_mx

@Strike

A couple of you don’t like me very much, and all four of you disagree with me nearly all of the time. Nonetheless I think all 4 of you are honest and honorable people. So I’m going to leave this in your hands. 
@Engorgeous George thinks he tricked me into agreeing to end our bet today, which would make him the winner because Joe Biden is not yet the nominee. I think it’s a dumb trap, a way to weasel out of eventually paying me, and I didn’t fall into it anyhow. I ask that you guys please go back and read the last page or so. If ANY of you  honestly think I lost this bet, post that here and I will pay the man. 

@Voltaire

@jerryskids

@Jon_mx

@Strike

A couple of you don’t like me very much, and all four of you disagree with me nearly all of the time. Nonetheless I think all 4 of you are honest and honorable people. So I’m going to leave this in your hands. 
@Engorgeous George thinks he tricked me into agreeing to end our bet today, which would make him the winner because Joe Biden is not yet the nominee. I think it’s a dumb trap, a way to weasel out of eventually paying me, and I didn’t fall into it anyhow. I ask that you guys please go back and read the last page or so. If ANY of you  honestly think I lost this bet, post that here and I will pay the man. 

Maybe they should also read the diminished capacity thread were you went out of your way to make this happen.  In the end I do not agree to this weasel move by you to try to get out of it.  Your anger, your unguarded words show you believe you lost and you are pissed at me for holding you to your own words.  You should be pissed at yourself and should pay up.  Think of this as a teachable moment on how not to be a b1tch.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Maybe they should also read the diminished capacity thread were you went out of your way to make this happen.  In the end I do not agree to this weasel move by you to try to get out of it.  Your anger, your unguarded words show you believe you lost and you are pissed at me for holding you to your own words.  You should be pissed at yourself and should pay up.  Think of this as a teachable moment on how not to be a b1tch.

Let them read both threads. If just one of them agrees with you I will concede. It’s not a teachable moment because no matter how this ends up I know and you know what a weasel and a jerk you’re being. But I will leave it up to them to decide if I have to pay you. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Let them read both threads. If just one of them agrees with you I will concede. It’s not a teachable moment because no matter how this ends up I know and you know what a weasel and a jerk you’re being. But I will leave it up to them to decide if I have to pay you. 

So you try to weasel an extra condition, that others have to judge this matter.  This matter is between us and you have made it clear by your anger you know you lost. Weasel welcherboy.  Playing for outside judges which were never contemplated is something I do not agree to.  Now pay up on the terms not the spirit since you shat on the spirit by calling me out multiple times today and three or four times in the past two weeks.  Learn to keep your mouth shut.  That is an important lesson when you find yourself up to your nose in sh!t.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So you try to weasel an extra condition, that others have to judge this matter.  This matter is between us and you have made it clear by your anger you know you lost. Weasel welcherboy.  Playing for outside judges which were never contemplated is something I do not agree to.  Now pay up on the terms not the spirit since you shat on the spirit by calling me out multiple times today and three or four times in the past two weeks.  Learn to keep your mouth shut.  That is an important lesson when you find yourself up to your nose in sh!t.

Nope. I dispute your claim that I lost this bet. Fully dispute it. So I will leave it to others to decide. That’s it. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nope. I dispute your claim that I lost this bet. Fully dispute it. So I will leave it to others to decide. That’s it. 

You lost. Just ask for the money if you need it that bad. 

14 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Tim,  You shouldn't have included me on this list, and you shouldn't have said if ONLY one agrees with EG you would pay up.  I would have rather had nothing to do with this.  And it's not because I'm not honest. It's because I am, and because I look at things through the lens of data and logic as I've made clear a hundred times since you joined this bored.  Here are some of your quotes on this topic:

To EG in various threads:

Are you ready to send me my $500 yet? You know you’re going to have to

Are you ready to send me my $500 yet?

@Engorgeous George Can I get a check from Engorgeous George enterprises? Can you write “for being a dumb ass” in it? Appreciated.

Why would you repeatedly ask someone for the money they MIGHT owe you unless you're trying to settle the bet?  The only reason is because you're asserting you won.  But we have to look at the terms of the bet to determine that.  So, you're asking in the above quotes to settle the bet.  Any "honorable" person wouldn't request the payout from a bet until such time as they were ready to settle the bet.  If they erroneously ask for the payout but the terms of the bet indicate that they haven't won the bet and in fact have lost the bet at the time they request settlement they should pay up.

The following people bet me, at 4-1 odds, that Joe Biden would not be the nominee:

@Engorgeous George $500

@Jon_mx $100

@shadrap $100

@Cdub100 $25

You guys have lost this bet.

Note the bolded above.  Here is where you assert that you have won the bet.  As further proof that you believe you have won the bet, when someone suggested you hadn't, you replied with the following:

I did? Isn’t Biden the nominee?

So, what we have here is you asserting that you had won the bet and requesting that people settle up with you on their "loss."  If the terms of the bet are that when settlement is done Biden is the nominee, which we all agree is not the case today, then you have lost the bet. 

So, IMO, you lost the bet and owe EG his payout.  Now we get to see if you stand by your word as you have also asserted.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Tim,  You shouldn't have included me on this list, and you shouldn't have said if ONLY one agrees with EG you would pay up.  I would have rather had nothing to do with this.  And it's not because I'm not honest. It's because I am, and because I look at things through the lens of data and logic as I've made clear a hundred times since you joined this bored.  Here are some of your quotes on this topic:

To EG in various threads:

Why would you repeatedly ask someone for the money they MIGHT owe you unless you're trying to settle the bet?  The only reason is because you're asserting you won.  But we have to look at the terms of the bet to determine that.  So, you're asking in the above quotes to settle the bet.  Any "honorable" person wouldn't request the payout from a bet until such time as they were ready to settle the bet.  If they erroneously ask for the payout but the terms of the bet indicate that they haven't won the bet and in fact have lost the bet at the time they request settlement they should pay up.

Note the bolded above.  Here is where you assert that you have won the bet.  As further proof that you believe you have won the bet, when someone suggested you hadn't, you replied with the following:

So, what we have here is you asserting that you had won the bet and requesting that people settle up with you on their "loss."  If the terms of the bet are that when settlement is done Biden is the nominee, which we all agree is not the case today, then you have lost the bet. 

So, IMO, you lost the bet and owe EG his payout.  Now we get to see if you stand by your word as you have also asserted.

Wow. To say I’m disappointed with this opinion would be an understatement. I strongly strongly disagree with you. 

But I will abide by the terms I wrote. 

@Engorgeous George my office is closed for the week so I cannot mail you a check until a week from Monday. However if you have Venmo or PayPal I will send you the money right now. 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Wow. To say I’m disappointed with this opinion would be an understatement. I strongly strongly disagree with you. 

But I will abide by the terms I wrote. 

@Engorgeous George my office is closed for the week so I cannot mail you a check until a week from Monday. However if you have Venmo or PayPal I will send you the money right now. 

I can wait.  During the wait period I wil refrain from further name calling associated with this matter.  We shall allow time for actions to speak.

I've started drinking outside of Chase Field before the Dbacks game, so I'm not comfortable moderating anything, especially a $2K bet. If this is still in question tomorrow, after Easter activities, I'll try to chime in.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've started drinking outside of Chase Field before the Dbacks game, so I'm not comfortable moderating anything, especially a $2K bet. If this is still in question tomorrow, after Easter activities, I'll try to chime in.

It’s been settled in terms of payment but I would still appreciate your opinion on the matter. When you’re up to it. 

It’s been settled in terms of payment but I would still appreciate your opinion on the matter. When you’re up to it. 

You lost x 4. 

You know, if I had wanted to, I could have discounted @Strike’s ruling, because @Engorgeous George refused to accept it. Using the same stupid logic that he’s using against me I could have argued that since he rejected my offer of asking for outside opinions I don’t have to accept them either, despite agreeing that I would. 

But of course I would never do that, because I don’t look for ways to weasel out of things or trick people after I know I’ve lost. So I will pay the man, and be done with it. It’s total bullsh!t, and he knows it, but he’ll get my money. 

A shitty way to lose a bet, but technically Tim lost because he wanted to settle now. Technically there is no Democrat nominee yet. He'll, Biden could pass away tomorrow and you'd lose.

Tim you are correct that you won the "spirit of the bet", but that's worth nothing when betting :dunno:

You should've just waited. If one of my friends pulled shenanigans like this. Doorbell. Face. Wife and kids. 

3 minutes ago, crackattack said:

A shitty way to lose a bet, but technically Tim lost because he wanted to settle now. Technically there is no Democrat nominee yet. He'll, Biden could pass away tomorrow and you'd lose.

Tim you are correct that you won the "spirit of the bet", but that's worth nothing when betting :dunno:

You should've just waited. If one of my friends pulled shenanigans like this. Doorbell. Face. Wife and kids. 

Should have waited? I was willing to wait. Go back and read the posts. 

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nah I’ll keep my word. 

Also, I don’t really want your money. How about we agree the loser donates to a charity? Something non political that we can both agree on? Like fighting cancer or something along those lines. 

I was pretty clear here. 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It was in response to “go back to your own thread”. I’m willing to wait. Up to you. 

And here. @Engorgeous George thinks the “up to you” means I gave him the power to end the bet today making him the winner. @Strike agrees with that and therefore I’m going to pay. But I strongly DISAGREE. It’s crap. 

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And here. @Engorgeous George thinks the “up to you” means I gave him the power to end the bet today making him the winner. @Strike agrees with that and therefore I’m going to pay. But I strongly DISAGREE. It’s crap. 

It is crap. I agree with you there. But you offered with "up to you". He took it and won by the terms of the bet. It's a shitty thing to do. Again, you should've just kept quiet until the Democratic convention and he won the nomination. Words matter.

@Engorgeous George

I will not be writing you a check, now or next week. I will pay you by Venmo or PayPal. If you don’t have one of these find someone who does. That’s the only way you’re getting paid. You don’t get to dictate that part of it to me. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

@Engorgeous George

I will not be writing you a check, now or next week. I will pay you by Venmo or PayPal. If you don’t have one of these find someone who does. That’s the only way you’re getting paid. You don’t get to dictate that part of it to me. 

What odds will you give me on a Dante Moore heisman winner at Oregon at any point in his career?  400 to 1?

On 3/25/2024 at 11:49 AM, The Real timschochet said:

The time has come, as of this morning, to cut off all U.S. monetary aid to Israel. 

Now do Ukraine.

1 minute ago, Beaker15 said:

What odds will you give me on a Dante Moore heisman winner at Oregon at any point in his career?  400 to 1?

I don’t want to talk about Dante. I think he’s going to be a great QB. I wish he had stayed at UCLA. But he’s not even going to start next year is he? I read they have some other hot transfer. 

Oregon is at a disadvantage for Heismans like all teams on the West Coast. The only exception is USC. The other schools just can’t seem to win them. I think it’s an east coast bias. Phil Knight must have spent tons of money last year on Bo Nix and it came to nothing. 

I don’t think we should cut off aid to Ukraine. That would be very bad. 

Why do you want to stop funds to israel?

18 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Why do you want to stop funds to israel?

Because Netanyahu is a wannabe dictator who is not serving our interests (or frankly the Jewish people of Israel.) 

• Haha 1