Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I want nothing.  You are being dramatic.  If you don't want to spitball about football thats fine.  

I'm being dramatic?  Oh boy.  If you want to talk football then let's talk football.  No need to get all pissy about it.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

WR. But it doesn’t matter. They are a mess. Anything but another tackle and I’ll be ok with it. I’d rather wait until next year to go after the QB, and not necessarily in the draft, but that’s ok too. 

I like the Washington kid a ton.  To me this draft is a little light in some areas.  Not a ton of DL that is elite.  I love the CB from Toledo, but there is a chance no CBs go top 10 which is rare.   LBer?  Meh.  Joe Alt thr LT out of ND is basically cant miss.  He will at least be solid.  

WR class is very strong.  

I think Bowers will be good but is maybe a tad overrated.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I like the Washington kid a ton.  To me this draft is a little light in some areas.  Not a ton of DL that is elite.  I love the CB from Toledo, but there is a chance no CBs go top 10 which is rare.   LBer?  Meh.  Joe Alt thr LT out of ND is basically cant miss.  He will at least be solid.  

WR class is very strong.  

I think Bowers will be good but is maybe a tad overrated.  

Signing Jones and Tagging Barkley last year has set them back big time. It should have been the other way around and that’s what most Giants fans were saying. I like D Jones, and I know he’s not top tier. But the three injuries he has suffered are a huge concern. They aren’t run of the mill injuries.  Neck, ACL, shoulder. For a running QB with a bad line that is just asking for it now. But he’s the guy for now it seems. But if they go QB in the draft I would think you have to cut him and bite the bullet.  

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

WR. But it doesn’t matter. They are a mess. Anything but another tackle and I’ll be ok with it. I’d rather wait until next year to go after the QB, and not necessarily in the draft, but that’s ok too. 

They'd be fools to go skill position. They need everything. If they want to compete in the East then they need to take notes from the Cowboys and Eagles and build in the trenches. 

They had to let Barkley walk, what good is a stud RB on a disaster of a roster? The full rebuild is happening. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Sad. :( 

Bears really should have fired the GM and coach this off-season and started entirely new.

Agree. Especially knowing damn well that they were drafting a QB early. 

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Agree. Especially knowing damn well that they were drafting a QB early. 

What's has Poles done wrong? I wouldn't trade that guy out for anyone in the league right now. He's been stellar. 

10 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

What's has Poles done wrong? I wouldn't trade that guy out for anyone in the league right now. He's been stellar. 

This is the year, he has to nail this draft. And he waited way to long to trade Justin Fields. It should of happened pre-combine. Long before GMs had a chance to fall in love with QBs.

And why are they hiding the fact that they're taking Caleb Williams, for what?? You can't create a trade market until they announce they're moving on from Fields. 

13 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

This is the year, he has to nail this draft. And he waited way to long to trade Justin Fields. It should of happened pre-combine. Long before GMs had a chance to fall in love with QBs.

And why are they hiding the fact that they're taking Caleb Williams, for what?? You can't create a trade market until they announce they're moving on from Fields. 

Nobody has a clue what Poles will do. There are a ton of people guessing and someone will guess right, but it would just be a lucky guess is all. The whole thing about the trade market is all speculation. I could see Poles keeping Fields and trading down in the draft, trading Fields and trading down in the draft, keeping Fields and drafting a QB, and whatever combination of things including drafting Williams at #1.

I hear a lot about Washington wanting the #1 really bad. But I have no clue. If Washington does want it that bad, Bears can trade down twice if they want to keep Fields for another year. In the end, if all they would get for Fields is a third, why not keep Fields, build the team and trade down for multiple early picks, including in this draft and go after 2 QBs next year and let them fight it out for starter job? 

I honestly don't care. It's just fun this year because I honestly trust whatever Poles does..  

One thing we know for sure is, Poles made out big last year. D. J. Moore, a great starting right tackle in Wright, a very promising CB in Stevenson, and a #1 this year. Let's see what that #1 turns into. 

If they kept Fields that would be quite the poker face for no real reason.   

Poles has all but said they are trading Fields.  Fields' agent posted a video being thrilled with the chance to move on.  

I need for the Lions to concentrate solely on defense. CB, S, CB, DE . If they plug those holes they can win a superbowl.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Poles has all but said they are trading Fields.  Fields' agent posted a video being thrilled with the chance to move on.  

Yup, and the longer he waits the less of a market there will be. 

He'd have to be the dumbest person on the planet if he's even entertaining trading the #1 pick and keeping Justin Fields. Even desperate QB needy teams don't want him. 

21 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I need for the Lions to concentrate solely on defense. CB, S, CB, DE . If they plug those holes they can win a superbowl.

They need a coach that doesn't have a huge Ego.

29 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

That's not what that video was about.  You didn't see the whole video.  It had nothing to do with him moving.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas and Minnesota are all expected to be “on the radar” for a Justin Fields trade, per

What do you think they get for him?

Market seems a bit flooded.

Also I mentioned it before.   But Minny? I  have a hard time believing divisional rivals do that sort of business.  Pretty rare.  

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They'd be fools to go skill position. They need everything. If they want to compete in the East then they need to take notes from the Cowboys and Eagles and build in the trenches. 

They had to let Barkley walk, what good is a stud RB on a disaster of a roster? The full rebuild is happening. 

So another tackle? That’s your remedy??

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So another tackle? That’s your remedy??

How about a QB 

13 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That is why he will go there.

Of the teams that may need a QB or have been mentioned, id say Vikings and Raiders thr least likely.   

I dont think Evans signs back on with Tampa for a mystery QB.  Feel they get something done with Baker.  

Skins and NE could like 1 guy out of the 3 QBs and could maybe see them trading fot Fields when it becomes clear they wont get their guy (just a possibility)

Pitt is mixed signals.  Ive heard Russ.  Ive heard Fields.  Ive heard they may give Pickett another go.  

Pitt or ATL I would think would be thr main partners.  As far as it making sense. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Of the teams that may need a QB or have been mentioned, id say Vikings and Raiders thr least likely.   

I dont think Evans signs back on with Tampa for a mystery QB.  Feel they get something done with Baker.  

Skins and NE could like 1 guy out of the 3 QBs and could maybe see them trading fot Fields when it becomes clear they wont get their guy (just a possibility)

Pitt is mixed signals.  Ive heard Russ.  Ive heard Fields.  Ive heard they may give Pickett another go.  

Pitt or ATL I would think would be thr main partners.  As far as it making sense. 

Yea Pitt are saying now they want to resign Rudolph and go with what they have and not interested in Fields and etc. I could see Minn grabbing Wilson.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

What do you think they get for him?

Market seems a bit flooded.

I honestly don't know.  I've read so many different trade scenarios the last month.  A minimum of an early 2nd round pick is what I would require.

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

How about a QB 

Ok. But the QB doesn’t play in the trenches, which you said they ought to build. 

Bills cut Poyer.  So now without Hyde and Poyer.  Great runs in Buffalo but have gotten old.  Its a strong class of available safeties.   So makes sense.  

Rasul Douglas restructured.  

Bills trying to get some wiggle room.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Bills cut Poyer.  So now without Hyde and Poyer.  Great runs in Buffalo but have gotten old.  Its a strong class of available safeties.   So makes sense.  

Rasul Douglas restructured.  

Bills trying to get some wiggle room.  

I guess G Davis is gone so I assume they want a WR, also considering Diggs appears to be on the downside. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. But the QB doesn’t play in the trenches, which you said they ought to build. 

Don't they have 1.09 as well 

So they have 1.01, 1.09 and will get something for Fields if they don't screw it up anymore. 

No brainer, you grab the franchise QB at 1.01 and then package the Fields pick and 1.09 to move into the top 5 or just use the 1.09 for a stud Lineman who will definitely be there. 

They have all the options 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess G Davis is gone so I assume they want a WR, also considering Diggs appears to be on the downside. 

Yes.  WR is huge.  Gabe showed big flashes but really is so inconsistent.   He will be paid too much some where.  

Even last year they seemed light at WR.  They have no real speed.  They need to start (should have earlier) to look for a future #1.  Diggs is basically a slot guy these days.  Still good but he disappeared 2nd half of season after a blistering start.   I believe he has lost a half a step. 

They have a lot of slot types.  They will br looking for a vertical boundary guy.  Thomas from LSU.  AD Mirchell from Texas.  Troy Franklin frm Oregon.  Keon Coleman from FSU are all types they would be looking at and all maybe go back end of the 1st or 2nd round.  So set up well to take one.  

Bills may be in trouble.  They have basically 1 DT under contract.  Need a WR early.  Need secondary help.  And really they are rather pathetic at edge rusher.  AJ Epenensa turned it on last year just in time for a contract.  Some of their FAs will just get too much in FA.  With their cap it will br interesting to see who they look to bring back. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So they have 1.01, 1.09 and will get something for Fields if they don't screw it up anymore. 

No brainer, you grab the franchise QB at 1.01 and then package the Fields pick and 1.09 to move into the top 5 or just use the 1.09 for a stud Lineman who will definitely be there. 

HT is a Giants fan and was talking about thr Giants.  

Also I mentioned it before.   But Minny? I  have a hard time believing divisional rivals do that sort of business.  Pretty rare.  

But if Chicago thinks he sucks why not saddle the Vikings with him?

14 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Yes, I also think the Giants should trade Fields. 

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

But if Chicago thinks he sucks why not saddle the Vikings with him?

This is true.  Im just saying those sorts of trades in division are rare.  They've happened but are pretty rare.  

Imagine if Fields goes to a divisional opponent and turns it around and is good?  That would be hilarious.   I think just for that chance they would love to not do that.  

16 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I've never seen a team have the options that the Bears have this offseason.  They have the #1 overall pick even though they have a starting QB on the roster.  They have the 9th overall pick.  They have a QB with trade value.  So many things they can do.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

This is true.  Im just saying those sorts of trades in division are rare.  They've happened but are pretty rare.  

Imagine if Fields goes to a divisional opponent and turns it around and is good?  That would be hilarious.   I think just for that chance they would love to not do that.  

I agree those trades are rare.

Bills cut their center Mitch Morse.  Hines.  Siren Neal.  And Harty thay 5'6 WR that was a dumb signing last year.   

Tre White as well.  

A bit of a cleaning house moment.  

Imagine if Fields goes to a divisional opponent and turns it around and is good?  

If that happens I’ll agree with Hawkeye that duh Bears can ruin any QB so there’s no point in Chicago ever drafting one. 

I've seen a lock of mock drafts having the Bears take Bowers with their second pick.  I don't really get the reasoning behind spending that high of a pick on a TE when they already have Kmet.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've seen a lock of mock drafts having the Bears take Bowers with their second pick.  I don't really get the reasoning behind spending that high of a pick on a TE when they already have Kmet.

I’m not a big college ball guy so maybe Bowers is all that, but the history of 1st round TEs is pretty bad.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me.  You can probably still get a stud WR at 9.  

A guy like LaPorta was had early 2nd round last season.  

Kmet is a decsnt TE.  

Bowers has been sort of quiet on the draft talk.   Ive seen Jets a lot.  I know he dominated college but I have a feeling hes a little overrated.  They say hes not a good blocker.  And he didn't run at the combine but not sure hes some freak in that respect, probably plenty athletic but...  Hes not exactly that big.