Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

I would really like to see the lions sign gilmore and trade for snead . Imagine being able to remake the lions passing defense to that level 

Unlikely but could san diego trade Herbert to Chicago? SD is basically selling…Mccarthy a top-ish qb. Could reunite with Harbaugh.

they lost williams, keenan, ekeler and everett.

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Mccarthy a top-ish qb. 

I'm glad you mentioned that. 

So when exactly did this happen? Just 3 months ago he was projected to be a late round or even undrafted free agent. 

Why is everyone in love with him all in a sudden. 

14 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Unlikely but could san diego trade Herbert to Chicago? SD is basically selling…Mccarthy a top-ish qb. Could reunite with Harbaugh.

No. You don’t give the money they gave a young QB who they view as a star and trade him because you’ve lost weapons. He’s supposed to be a guy who makes other guys into weapons 

11 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So when exactly did this happen? Just 3 months ago he was projected to be a late round or even undrafted free agent. 

I’d say 3 months ago he was already viewed by most as a first round pick and already chatter that he could continue rising up boards and be the #4 QB picked 

12 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Great question. Dont know if they get something out of camps or pro days or what…makes little sense to me either

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

No. You don’t give the money they gave a young QB who they view as a star and trade him because you’ve lost weapons. He’s supposed to be a guy who makes other guys into weapons 

That and he's the QB of the decade, serious though his win record worries me.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Probably not just raising the question which isnt out of the realm of possibility considering they are selling big time….🤷🏼‍♀️

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Great question. Dont know if they get something out of camps or pro days or what…makes little sense to me either

Strange isn't it. I've seen mocks with him as high as pick 3 overall. Have people lost their minds? 

55 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He won. 

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He won. 

Mac Jones won a National Championship 🏆

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So did Joe Montana. :first:

AJ McCarron, Tim Teebow, Matt Flynn, Chris Leak, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Ken Dorsey........

😂

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

AJ McCarron, Tim Teebow, Matt Flynn, Chris Leak, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Ken Dorsey........

😂

Joe Montana. :first:

7 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I’m just saying why he moved up so much. Much like Jones. 

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

😂

I don’t get it.  They all moved up because they won. You try too hard. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m just saying why he moved up so much. 

Your right, I'm just messing around. I get it but his tape is average. He didn't have to do anything at Michigan 

Tim Teebow 🏆🥇 🐊

Meh. I think we can agree, great QBs are far and few between. 

Your right, I'm just messing around. I get it but his tape is average. He didn't have to do anything at Michigan 

I think he’s good. I like him more than Daniels. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think he’s good. I like him more than Daniels. 

I'm selfish, I love Daniels for fantasy purposes but I think he's Justin Fields 2.0

I don't think he'll be around long 

While the start of FA was lackluster for the Jets, I have been happy with what they have done... provided I base it all on them being all in for this one season (or possibly 2 if Rodgers feels good about the team and his health and wants to run it back in 2025). 

Tyron Smith was probably the best 1 year, going all in option at left tackle. Moses was a solid trade for the right side on a 1 year deal. Mike Williams on a 1 year deal, when healthy is a poor mans Mike Evans, which is the perfect receiver profile to play opposite Garret Wilson. As much as I will miss Bryce Huff, he was too expensive for someone who is not a 3 down player. Most importantly, they are now in a spot where they can do almost anything with the #10 pick. I believe it should still be a tackle, since Moses and Smith are 33 and you want someone to back those guys up (and be the future LT)... but I think receiver is now an option, as is Bowers. Hell, i'd love for them to trade back, pick up an additional pick and look at QB so they can do what they have not done since  Chad Pennington! :mad:   let a rookie sit and learn.

Aside from Rodgers being a diva and Woody Johnson being a trash owner, I'm fairly satisfied right now. 

I’d feel good as a Jets fan. You could see the talent is there last year, even with horrific QB play and a shoddy O line. They have a lot of top end pieces.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d feel good as a Jets fan. You could see the talent is there last year, even with horrific QB play and a shoddy O line. They have a lot of top end pieces.  

With Quinnen Williams signed, Quincey coming into his own, Sauce, Garrett, Breece and Jermaine Johnson entering year 3, AVT coming back and Joe Tippman looking promising last year, the future is bright.  A lot of these guys will be coming up for contracts, and we know how the RB landscape is right now.... but on the plus side, by the time they need to get paid, we will be starting over with a QB on a rookie deal, most likely. 

40 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

With Quinnen Williams signed, Quincey coming into his own, Sauce, Garrett, Breece and Jermaine Johnson entering year 3, AVT coming back and Joe Tippman looking promising last year, the future is bright.  A lot of these guys will be coming up for contracts, and we know how the RB landscape is right now.... but on the plus side, by the time they need to get paid, we will be starting over with a QB on a rookie deal, most likely. 

Breece is the first RB to remind me of Ladanian since Ladanian.  And Wilson is right there with Jefferson, CD and Chase as far as the younger WR’s go, he’s just hasn’t had a competent QB. If the Jets signed Flacco early last year I’m convinced they make the playoffs.   Keep AR upright and I truly believe they are making a run. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t get it.  They all moved up because they won. You try too hard. 

What did Drake Maye win? Caleb Williams team was not great last year. 

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Breece is the first RB to remind me of Ladanian since Ladanian.  And Wilson is right there with Jefferson, CD and Chase as far as the younger WR’s go, he’s just hasn’t had a competent QB. If the Jets signed Flacco early last year I’m convinced they make the playoffs.   Keep AR upright and I truly believe they are making a run. 

I absolutely love Breece. I'm just getting myself prepared that we likely have him for 2 more seasons before he becomes too expensive for the position. Hope i'm wrong. 

Agreed. Wilson is special. 

Also agreed on Flacco. I never quite understood why there was not a seasoned veteran in the QB room last year. Still could have had Zach sitting and learning under Rodgers, and Zach even could have been the #2 if Rodgers missed say a game or 2 in concussion protocol or something.... but you needed a legit veteran if Rodgers suffered a long term injury. 

27 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

What did Drake Maye win? Caleb Williams team was not great last year. 

The subject is why he moved up.  I offered up because he won. Do you think that’s not why or a significant factor? 

Lions have had a wonderful free agency period. They've upgrades each and every one of their weaknesses (CB, DE and DT, ) without breaking the bank such that 29 and later, they can just take best available player. When Jonah Jackson signed elsewhere, it left a big gap on the O-Line but today they filled it with Kevin Zeitler, which was the last major concern. He's coming off a Pro Bowl year. One thing they've yet to do is sign a WR2. Josh Reynolds is still out there to return, but if not, the FA market and draft are full of WR help. They're likely to get somebody for cheap. Also, JaeMo may well make a year three leap anyway as that's not unusual for WRs. Getting a preseason in should help.

Again, no needs.... best available player each time. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And Buffalo took a step back IMO. They have a ton of holes to fill, especially on defense. They got killed in free agency. 

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The subject is why he moved up.  I offered up because he won. Do you think that’s not why or a significant factor? 

Do I think that a season that’s been over for months and months a guy moved up recently because everyone all of a sudden said oh yeah, remember four months ago he was winning games? Oh yeah, let’s move him up now……no i dont.

A lot of things change as the draft nears. We also get a ton of misinformation. So who knows why he’s suddenly a name

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Do I think that a season that’s been over for months and months a guy moved up recently because everyone all of a sudden said oh yeah, remember four months ago he was winning games? Oh yeah, let’s move him up now……no i dont.

A lot of things change as the draft nears. We also get a ton of misinformation. So who knows why he’s suddenly a name

He could also be the QB that falls. Will Levis was hyped last year, everyone thought for sure that he was an early first round pick. He fell to the second. 

Remember, we're getting out info from mockers and so called "insiders". Who knows what his real value is. I'm going to die laughing if the Patriots draft him though. 

Who's going to draft the next Mac Jones, we'll see. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

A rookie quarterback comes with a rookie salary.

On 3/16/2024 at 6:13 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chase Young is 24 years old and not signed yet. WTF happened to that guy? 

Neck issue.

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Brandon Aiyuk to the Steelers? 

They need somebody else at wr and heard Justin Jefferson, I believe Aiyuk has a better chance.

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

They need somebody else at wr and heard Justin Jefferson, I believe Aiyuk has a better chance.

They do look alike 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They do look alike 😂

Agreed and Steelers probably end up with Boyd though. Not sure they are willing to give away this years 1st for Aiyuk or anyone else.

11 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Agreed and Steelers probably end up with Boyd though. Not sure they are willing to give away this years 1st for Aiyuk or anyone else.

It's not going to happen but I'd give up 20 overall for Aiyuk. A budding superstar in his prime. 

You won't find that at 20. 

• Like 1