Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I just don't think a rebuilding team makes the kind of trade they did for Burns. rebuilding teams don't usually give away picks and big contracts. I may have said this earlier in the thread, I get threads like this mixed up with group texts sometimes. 

If they are going with Jones this year, taking one of those WR's makes the most sense. The Giants have spent too many years drafting little speed guys. I don't think Daniel Jones is the answer at all but I do think Daboll and Schoen feel their seats getting hot. It makes sense to give Jones a legit #1 to throw to. 

Its too bad because they got the coach right.  Daboll is good.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Eh, he has issues. 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I’m starting to think they maybe got the GM wrong. He declined Danny Dimes 5th year option, then extended him anyway, and ended up with a decent pass rusher and a bust OT with his two Top 10 picks in 2022. 

If he doesn’t figure out the QB situation fast he could be looking for a new job. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eh, he has issues. 

You would know more than I over the last few years.  I think he has the backing of a lot of players.  But with that comes friction between some.  Sort of his attitude.  

I think hes a good offensive mind.  Not sure what say he had in assembling their offense.  Im sure enough.  Maybe hes not a good eye.  But if the QB is bunk and the Oline is bunk and then look at the recieving room.  To have the only reliable thing on offense be a RB is tough sledding for anyone.  

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eh, he has issues. 

I agree, I think Daboll blows. He just happened to be in the perfect spot in Buffalo. He has a tendency to wear thin on players. 

Quick search shoes he was asked a question about calling plays.  He said he would look into everything and whatever best for the team.  He should be calling plays.  But could also be that classic guy that is a much better coordinator than HC.  Cant be that hard for a coordinator to trans to HC if he has the command and respect of his players.  But some guy's attitudes and mental makeup doesn't mesh.  When you got the game on your plate, your blowups and command matter much more than sitting up in the booth.  

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I agree, I think Daboll blows. He just happened to be in the perfect spot in Buffalo. He has a tendency to wear thin on players. 

A perfect spot?

They drafted a kid from Wyoming.  A kid that was very raw.  Talented as anyone.  But he had a hand in molding Josh Allen.  Do you remember Allen's first couple years?  Marquise Goodwin was their number 1 his rookie year.  

So yeah good spot.  Great talent at QB.  But not perfect.  Somrone else could have screwed Josh up.  

• Like 1

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Great talent at QB.  But not perfect.  Somrone else could have screwed Josh up.  

Like he screwed up Daniel Jones? 

Daniel Jones was much better pre-Daboll. 

Facts 🌟

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Facts 🌟

The guy who has won HC of the year.  Won assistant of the year.  Been apart of 5 SB wins.  Apart of a college football championship.   

That guy stinks.  Ok.  

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Facts 🌟

What facts?  Jones had his best season the year Daboll arrived.  6 pts higher rating than any other year.  Won twice as many games than any other year.  Went to the playoffs.  

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You would know more than I over the last few years.  I think he has the backing of a lot of players.  But with that comes friction between some.  Sort of his attitude.  

I think hes a good offensive mind.  Not sure what say he had in assembling their offense.  Im sure enough.  Maybe hes not a good eye.  But if the QB is bunk and the Oline is bunk and then look at the recieving room.  To have the only reliable thing on offense be a RB is tough sledding for anyone.  

I think he is a good offensive mind as well. But he needs to cut down on the screaming into the headset and at his coordinators on the field during the game. 

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The guy who has won HC of the year.  Won assistant of the year.  Been apart of 5 SB wins.  Apart of a college football championship.   

That guy stinks.  Ok.  

I just gave you facts! 

Has Daniel Jones regressed under Daboll? 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What facts?  Jones had his best season the year Daboll arrived.  6 pts higher rating than any other year.  Won twice as many games than any other year.  Went to the playoffs.  

Daniels Jones blew, that's why they want to trade him. 

Daboll was also know as a an immature dik in Cleveland.  

Daboll ruined Daniel Jones. I hope he gets a chance to revive his career elsewhere. 

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

I just gave you facts! 

Has Daniel Jones regressed under Daboll? 

Daniels Jones blew, that's why they want to trade him. 

Best season under Daboll.  Much better than previous 2.  

Case closed.  Dont be an idiot.  You lost.  

Keep this in mind about top ten picked QB’s:  3 of them have won a super bowl on thee team that drafted then  in the last 20 years. 2 of them from the 2004. Draft. So 1 in 19 years.  Not saying you don’t do it, just saying it’s not the only way.  

Heard on the radio,  someone suggested the pat's should trade with Minnesota....#3 for 11&23.

9 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Heard on the radio,  someone suggested the pat's should trade with Minnesota....#3 for 11&23.

I would need more

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I would need more

In this draft yes. 11, 23, and a 1st next year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

In this draft yes. 11, 23, and a 1st next year.

That's what it would take. That's kinda hard to refuse 

Daniel Jones has had two neck injuries.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

To tell you how bad Trevor Lawrence has been, after their first 50 games his and Daniel Jones numbers are pretty much identical. Granted Jones is on his second contract, but Lawrence really needs to step up this year. 

Looked like he was really turning the corner at the end of the 2022-23 season. But it just didn’t quite materialize last year.

I think he’ll still take the leap but this is nearly the determinative year. If he doesn’t turn into an elite QB this season it’s probably not happening.

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

No that would be a sh1t trade. Can’t give up a franchise QB for that. Hell there’s not even any guarantee Penix would be there at 11

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No that would be a sh1t trade. Can’t give up a franchise QB did that. Hell there’s not even any guarantee Penix would be there at 11

Agree. That’s not enough for the three pick. 

Steelers trying to take advantage of the new kickoff rule.

Kick returns are back and so is Cordarrelle Patterson: The four-time All-Pro returner and all-around weapon is signing with the #Steelers on a two-year, $6M deal, per me and @RapSheet.

If the. Chargers are going to take the tackle they should trade back.  They took a wr in the first last year, but he didn’t look so hot. 

The cowboys intend on letting Dak out of his contract next year according to reports. 

The cowboys intend on letting Dak out of his contract next year according to reports. 

They screwed up so bad when they gave him that ridiculous contract. They have zero control over him. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They screwed up so bad when they gave him that ridiculous contract. They have zero control over him. 

I might have to draft him in fantasy. Love guys on their walk year. 

I might have to draft him in fantasy. Love guys on their walk year. 

Absolutely. Smart move by Dak, he'll make out like a bandit. 

Clowney to the Panthers. I guess he has no interest in winning a super bowl. And why would the panthers do this? I’d say they are the worst run organization in the NFL

I am going to pull a liberal and say I am leaving the country. If the Craptriots draft McSucky at #3,

Bears: Williams

Washington: Daniels

Patriots: Maye

Arizona trade to Minnesota: McCarthy

Chargers: Alt

NYG: Harrison

Tennesee: Fuaga

Atlanta: Turner

Bears: Odunze

Jets: Nabers

Or.....completely different...:dunno:

Love the NFL draft...:banana:

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Bears: Williams

Washington: Daniels

Patriots: Maye

Arizona trade to Minnesota: McCarthy

Chargers: Alt

NYG: Harrison

Tennesee: Alt

Atlanta: Turner

Bears: Odunze

Jets: Nabers

Or.....completely different...:dunno:

Love the NFL draft...:banana:

The Titans AND Chargers both get Alt? :o 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Titans AND Chargers both get Alt? :o 

Yeah, I changed it before you were able to type a sentence out. 😆

Go play with your boyfriend some more instead of following me around. 

24 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Yeah, I changed it before you were able to type a sentence out. 😆

Go play with your boyfriend some more instead of following me around. 

It was a joke. Lighten up Francis. 

Rumors that the Vikings are trying to get Herbert from the Chargers. Harbaugh picks McCarthy and gets the 11 and 23rd pick? I could see it. 

:banana:

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rumors that the Vikings are trying to get Herbert from the Chargers. Harbaugh picks McCarthy and gets the 11 and 23rd pick? I could see it. 

Somebody needs to do to the nfc.  Burrow, Herbert, Allen, whoever... much better chance of getting to the super bowl every year than you got in the afc :dunno:

59 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Harbaugh picks McCarthy and gets the 11 and 23rd pick? I could see it. 

Even Harbaugh isn't dumb enough to do that.